Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

why is there a thump when i backup?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-25-2008, 10:29 AM
sheep911 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by seefouress
A couple of questions sheep; did you hear your sound coming clearly from the rear (since it was the rear sway causing the problem)? We've been concentrating on the front thus far because the clunk seems to be so clearly coming from there. Also, could you notice any actual suspension movement associated with the noise? I can and it's the most disturbing part of this issue.
seefouress, yes, the sound was clearly coming from the rear in my GT3. i could feel a slight nudge (movement) from the rear of the car that would accompany the sound (clunk) after i shift to reverse and start to back up into the driveway. have dealer tighten everything, you'll be surprised how many little bolts and nuts are loose and need to be re torqued. goodluck!

Old 02-25-2008, 02:13 PM
speedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by eriru
thks for the input, i have been to the dealer 3 or 4 times, and they havent found anything wrong, they heard the noise but cant find the source, my worry is that after warranty is over, this problem comes out and its a major thing, as well as the obvious safety issue. been to the track once and everything behaved normal.

did your dealer told you what they've checked so far?

Old 02-25-2008, 05:57 PM
eriru is infamous around these parts
all rear suspension and whatever they could see without taking apart anything, told me they checked bolts and nuts to torque specifications, but i doubt it.....

Old 02-26-2008, 11:47 AM
seefouress is infamous around these parts
Thanks Sheep. It sounds like we experienced pretty much the same problem. It's very encouraging to hear you got yours resolved.