Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

why is there a thump when i backup?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-16-2007, 12:02 PM
speedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud of
why is there a thump when i backup?

is that normal?

Old 11-16-2007, 01:07 PM
lager99 is infamous around these parts
Normal when you run over the mother in law...

Old 11-16-2007, 04:40 PM
eriru is infamous around these parts
same here, 2008 Gt3, with a thump on backup, took it to the dealer, they said nothing wrong, but its annoying, to say the least.

Old 11-16-2007, 04:54 PM
MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !
neighbor's cat?

Old 11-16-2007, 06:42 PM
speedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud of
nope. it's neither my mil or my neighbor's cat. there's no dead midget in the trunk either.

Old 11-16-2007, 06:49 PM
Jimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud of
You must have some electronics in the car using Energizer Batteries...

Old 11-16-2007, 08:18 PM
oh it's only a single thump when backing up. it doesn't keep going and going and ...

Old 11-16-2007, 09:38 PM
oak
oak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud of
don't set your handbrakes too tight when storing for long periods. could be your brake pads releasing after a long tight set.

Old 11-16-2007, 10:06 PM
kermit_S is infamous around these parts
Mine does the same but more like a boing sound coming from the coilovers. Took it to the dealer and they said its normal and after break in you will hear more noise

Old 11-16-2007, 10:34 PM
P97
P97 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by oak
don't set your handbrakes too tight when storing for long periods. could be your brake pads releasing after a long tight set.
I second this. Esp. after washing your car and the rust builds up on the iron rotors and the car's been sitting for a while. You don't even have to have the handbrakes on. The build up will still cause a boink.

Old 11-17-2007, 12:11 AM
ThisFlyGuy is a jewel in the roughThisFlyGuy is a jewel in the roughThisFlyGuy is a jewel in the roughThisFlyGuy is a jewel in the rough
something with the reverse gear?

Old 11-17-2007, 09:50 AM
lager99 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by P97
I second this. Esp. after washing your car and the rust builds up on the iron rotors and the car's been sitting for a while. You don't even have to have the handbrakes on. The build up will still cause a boink.
If it just sits overnight it will do that after a wash. I've never seen the handbrake cause a problem.

Old 11-17-2007, 04:30 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
yups oak is right... Might be that. If you're in Fremont and you're still worried you can always come by and let Dr. James listen to it.

Old 11-17-2007, 09:47 PM
sharky, thanks! let me know when would be a good day/time to swing by your facility. would also like to hear your muffler bypass system in person. sounds like a great mod!

Old 11-18-2007, 06:38 AM
930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future
i hear it i think its the brake ... i hear alot less noises in the 7 as i did with the 6 ...lol

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: why is there a thump when i backup?