Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Mexico Customer

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-20-2007, 08:11 AM
deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Scuderia-f430
Mexico is a very dangerous country,nice cars
I agree.

Originally Posted by Frissen
I somewhat disagree with you as other Latinamerican countries are much more dangerous than Mexico, take Brasil or Colombia. Now, have you been to China, that is scary.

Anyway, take a look a this video of our events and let me know what you think:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=DcmytXjRmtA
I've been to Brazil and China, as well as a bunch of other places. Mexico is bar the most frightening once you get out of the tourist areas. Between the kidnappings and the gov't corruption, not a place you want to go wandering. Most of my co-workers won't even carry their govt creds when they go over the border for fear of being kidnapped, discovered, and killed. That's one place where it's safer to not be a cop.....

Old 11-20-2007, 09:18 AM
Banned
Mitch@Vivid is a jewel in the roughMitch@Vivid is a jewel in the roughMitch@Vivid is a jewel in the roughMitch@Vivid is a jewel in the rough
The guy that was with me that did the translating said that many parts of Mexico were pretty dangerous for a goofy looking white kid wearing a gold watch walking around by his lonesome. (ME)

He said Mexico city was pretty bad even for other Mexicans. He said he wouldn't drive flashy cars just so he didn't get messed with.

I enjoyed myself though and I didn't find it to be dangerous at all.

Old 11-20-2007, 09:26 AM
MeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of light
Thats quiet of a collection he has got, excellent taste in cars and the Targa looks absolutley perfect.

Old 11-20-2007, 09:50 AM
Former Vendor
LARennsport is infamous around these parts
Come on...every place has the potential to be dangerous and scary...don't stereo type our neighbors to the South...look around Los Estados Unidos for a sec: NYC is dangerous, So is DC, Detroit and parts of Chicago. Heck even SF...sure they'll beat u with a flower...but they will still beat you! Oh, and then there's Compton where you certainly don't want to break down AAA won't even get you during some hours....And certainly we can't forget the South...there are some seriously scary people down there (I think they call them red necks) that don't respond to reason after only 2 beers....When I lived in Va...they were certainly the most frightening of all, even more so than the Townies in Boston...and they were sick f's those boys.

Depending on where you are, who you are with and what you are doing....no doubt that Mexico....can be scary....Brazil...can be scary....heck...even Canada can be scary. Never been to China, but I bet they've got a dodgey neighborhood or two. Lets not forget the Middle East...hear things can get harry pretty fast there....

But I'd rather be a bit scared than sittin at home! Heck I'd even go so far to **** myself w/fear to drive a few of the rigs that guy has in his garage! Of course I'd change my drawers first...no need to be the rude stinky ugly American.

Old 11-20-2007, 09:54 AM
MeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of light
I've been to guatemala a few years ago and that place is scary after 6pm, wouldnt even think of leaving the hotel. I've seen alot of people get mugged in the streets anything from wallets to Rolex's.

Old 11-20-2007, 09:58 AM
Banned
Mitch@Vivid is a jewel in the roughMitch@Vivid is a jewel in the roughMitch@Vivid is a jewel in the roughMitch@Vivid is a jewel in the rough
That is very true.

I have been all over the world tuning and I have had some great experiences, and some awful ones.

I went to China to tune and I hated it. I go to France a couple times a year to tune and I love it. Both I am sure have some pretty shady areas but I just try to steer clear of them and try and enjoy myself.

Mitch

Old 11-20-2007, 10:06 AM
chrissurfr has a spectacular aura aboutchrissurfr has a spectacular aura aboutchrissurfr has a spectacular aura about
2 friends and I nearly got kidnapped in college at a Mexico/Texas border town.....not cool at all....non-tourist mexico is very dangerous

Old 11-20-2007, 10:16 AM
vincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by RS 197
I am sitting in mexico right now. The Sea of Cortez is 20 feet from my doof. Nothing dangerous about 80 degre weather and a flat ocean.... Last fishing trip produced 24 tuna. Filled the boat home by noon...

The only thing dangerous is when your wife has a kidney stone..... I would have had to rely on the Cabo Doctors 2 hours away for help???? Good thing the local guy had some good pain meds. He handed me a shot and said. You can put in the fatty part of her butt. Then slowly sqeeze all contents. Good thing my Dentist buddy was along on the trip. He gave her the shot, passed the stone an hour later.

The only Danger in my little town is the medical treatment. The rest is as safe or safer than the states.....

Bravo to your dentist friend for stepping up and treated the opposite end.

Btw, look at all the stereo equipments in that warehouse..

Last edited by vincentdds; 11-20-2007 at 10:20 AM.
Old 11-20-2007, 10:29 AM
Frissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by 6088TTS
You got something against China man? I don't think its dangerous at all?!
The truth, China is scary. I have not been so nervous in a trip as China. Maybe not really knowing where the heck you are going is scary. Perhaps I felt it dangerous.

I spend most of my time in Puebla, about 80 miles south of Mexico City. I avoid Mexico City at all costs due to high insecurity.

Brasil and Colombia I felt even more dangerous than Mexico. Each in its own way. Brasil I felt scared by crime, robbery. Colombia was more high crime stuff like kidnapping. Someone mention Guatemala, my aunt lived there for several years and told me crime after 6:00 pm is high, she finally returned to Mexico as she could not take it in general.

But for me living here, Mexico City is the place to avoid, although sometimes its impossible, like the Porsche Parade, its in Mexico City, we took all kinds of measures, but still, I feel very nervous, and it is the general feeling off all that we went... still sometimes we can't avoid it...

Sigan las ligas/follow links, enjoy

http://porschepuebla.homestead.com/news43.html

http://porschepuebla.homestead.com/news44.html

anyway any guidance needed for central Mexico let me know...

Old 09-25-2008, 10:09 PM
jorge.enzo has a spectacular aura aboutjorge.enzo has a spectacular aura about
one year old, but well worth imo

Bump!

I was there the past month...

more pics on my flickr

www.flickr.com/photos/jorgerios