GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

GT3/GT3RS dynos with ecu/headers/exhaust

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-28-2007, 04:10 PM
TYE
TYE is infamous around these parts
GT3/GT3RS dynos with ecu/headers/exhaust

Was wondering what kind of numbers you guys are seeing with these modifications. Preferabley, do you have before and after dynos. I know GT3Ranger saw about 26rwhp and good gain in midrange hp and trq, with the FVD setup, just wondering if anyone else has done before and after dynos?

Fred, Sharkster, etc ?

Also, would like to hear your impressions on how the car felt after the mods.

Old 11-28-2007, 07:19 PM
Banned
GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !
Gentlemen we buy based on our research, information from experts and simply on what we like. There are several systems out there and each have their features. I am happy with the FVD headers and the results achieved. The ECU mod IMO is not a salient gain.
I'm planning to re-dyno and relay the results.
Personally I can state that my stock GT3RS feels significantly anemic compared to the GT3. The headers make the difference, not to mention the sound.
Recently I've become familiar with the Quick Silver headers and exhaust and it looks very well designed.
There are several choices out there. Find what works for you, your GT3/RS and fulfils your expectations.
Good luck, GT3Ranger...Juan

Old 11-29-2007, 06:13 AM
ErikG is infamous around these parts
Juan,

I posted this in one of the other threads, you probably missed it. Are you coming to Moroso in Dec with PBOC ?. I would love to feel/hear your FVD system and compare it to my stock RS.

Let me know
Erik

Old 11-29-2007, 08:11 AM
997gt3north is just really nice997gt3north is just really nice997gt3north is just really nice997gt3north is just really nice997gt3north is just really nice
Originally Posted by GT3Ranger
Gentlemen we buy based on our research, information from experts and simply on what we like. There are several systems out there and each have their features. I am happy with the FVD headers and the results achieved. The ECU mod IMO is not a salient gain.
Personally I can state that my stock GT3RS feels significantly anemic compared to the GT3. The headers make the difference, not to mention the sound.
Recently I've become familiar with the Quick Silver headers and exhaust and it looks very well designed.
There are several choices out there. Find what works for you, your GT3/RS and fulfils your expectations.

Juan,

Sent you a PM.

Paul

Old 11-29-2007, 12:28 PM
TYE
TYE is infamous around these parts
What about you guys with just headers or exhaust, any pre and post dynos?

Old 12-02-2007, 09:15 AM
stuart997gt3 has a spectacular aura aboutstuart997gt3 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by GT3Ranger
hey ranger, or anyone ,know anything about kresieg's system sound clips are the best ever on the 996 gt3.but i see no hp claims or dyno results on their site.the 997 gt3 system is soon to be released.

Old 12-02-2007, 12:21 PM
Banned
GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !
997gt3north (Paul) the FVD system is very simple. They're beautiful designed headers which are stout with built in 200 cell cats. There is an elbow pipe into the center stock muffler and that's it. The side mufflers are totally deleted (21 lbs @=42lbs savings in rear!). Car is then always in sport mode. The power gain is real and the mid-range improvement has to be felt to believe. Most do not want to give the product any credit but I am over it. Everyone be happy and enjoy your cars.

ErikG when in December is the PBOC event at Moroso? I'm not a member but if I'm not on call at the hospital I'll stop by to show you the car and get behind the wheel.

Let me know. GT3Ranger...Juan

Old 12-03-2007, 06:20 AM
Juan,

It's December 15 and 16, but the 15th is only for Supersolo (a special version of DE that we've created with open passing) and the night race. On the 16th is a normal DE day, you don't have to be a member to show up, although it is sold out per email received this weekend. They are still short of instructors as usual but I think I already have my student for the day since Juha requested me :-).

p.s. PBOC (pbocflorida.com) is quite an active group with track events about every month, and Winterfest (5 days of fun) at Sebring coming up in January. See if you are interested, there are usually at least 4-5 GT3's there to play with.

Old 12-03-2007, 06:21 AM
p.s. I would love to be convinced to purchase the FVD system :-)

Old 12-03-2007, 09:09 AM
rr4
rr4 is infamous around these parts
Does anyone know anything about the new exhaust system on the cup cars. The 2008 cup cars have 420hp, up from 400, and apparently the exhuast system is F1 inspired - what ever that means. I noticed they have 400 cell cats...what is the difference from 400 cell to 200 cell. What do they mean by "cell".

Thanks,

R

Old 12-03-2007, 02:19 PM
Former Vendor
Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !
See here for dyno and exhaust info:

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...&highlight=awe

Old 12-04-2007, 08:03 AM
Banned
ErikG as it turns out I'm on call that weekend. We must meet up soon some afternoon maybe at Champion Motorsport. Good mid-point for us. I want you to drive the car. Forget about the exhaust note, all systems develop an improved sound. You have to feel the power and pull over stock.
Dec 12 or 13th would be good. Let me know. If no response I will send you a PM.
Car is a Champion right now, getting more goodies but I'm really struggling with the Sparco DTM race seats, poor fit!!! Lousy position.

Cheers, GT3Ranger...Juan

Old 12-04-2007, 12:03 PM
Juan, they are in Pompano am I right ?. I'm not sure yet if I can make it on the 12th or 13th, it will depend a little on what's happening in the next week. I sent you a pm with my email and phone #

Old 12-04-2007, 01:11 PM
Manny is infamous around these parts
Hey Eric,
let's find out when they run at the drag strip at Morosso. Quarter mile speed through the traps is a great indication of real world HP. I would not be surprised if they are open friday night or saturday morning before the PBOC event.
Manny

Old 12-05-2007, 06:44 AM
Manny, now you're just talking crazy . Why don't you buy one of the FVD exhausts, then we drag down the front straightaway coming out of turn 10 on Saturday or Sunday during supersolo, and if you leave me, I'll buy one too .

Seriously, Friday night is usually test and tune night at Moroso, but the wait if forever to get a run. I don't know what's going on Sat morning, but it's not going to be a regular test and tune session, so I don't think they would let us on the track. But there are plenty of roads around Moroso that could function as a test track. Nicely deserted and mostly straight