Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

GT3 new front screens

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-02-2007, 12:53 PM
Banned
GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !
GT3 new front screens

The project mods are still on going. The new crank pulley is on. This was an issue with Porsche Motorsport to get that part. The car is running fine.
Here are a few pics of the new front screens to protect the radiators. They look awesome. Much nicer than the Cargraghic ones which we sent back originally. These screens are a perfect fit and they are from Porsche Motorsport. These are the ones on the Cup cars. They are a long wait but well worth it.

There are also some pics of the Dymags on the car but still no dyno pulls yet. Rear wing gone off for some painting mod changes.

The car has been slightly lowered (couple turns) and corner balanced. Needs to be re-aligned and camber changes now with the Cup car monoball/spherical joints, metal bushings and thicker control arms done to both front and rear suspension.

More to come but right now I'm struggling with the Sparco DTM carbon seats. They are beautiful but they do not fit well in the GT3. Worst of all they do not allow you to sit "race track low". At the lowest position I'm higher than in the factory seat. I'm NOT satisfied with these seats. It's unfortunate because the seats are very beautiful and they weigh 15 lbs. I'll see what happens.

More pics and comments to follow,
GT3Ranger...Juan

http://picasaweb.google.com/whitneyd...WorkInProgress

Old 12-02-2007, 02:30 PM
trj
trj is infamous around these parts
Screens

Did you paint them black and if so how are they holding up?

Old 12-02-2007, 02:36 PM
Mercedes Benz is infamous around these partsMercedes Benz is infamous around these parts
Looks great Juan. I was just at Motorsport last week, i need to go back this week again. What are you doing with the wing? fill us in on the secret!

Old 12-02-2007, 02:38 PM
Banned
GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !
They come black and they pop in from the back of the bumper. Hence bumper needs to come off. These screens fit perfectly. They are not flat as the others and they are not recessed back in the air duct. As you can see they are forward and keep the curvature of the bumper.

Old 12-02-2007, 03:00 PM
Banned
Hey Neal how are you? We need to get together, certainly meet at Champion Motorsport. Hell the car lives over there.
The wing/deck lid needed better color matching since the last time it was painted and the air scoops are being painted in black. I'd seen the scoops in CF but just didn't get them.
So Neal what's going on with you and the car?

Good luck, so you soon,

GT3Ranger...Juan

Old 12-02-2007, 03:20 PM
Mercedes Benz is infamous around these partsMercedes Benz is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by GT3Ranger
Hey Neal how are you? We need to get together, certainly meet at Champion Motorsport. Hell the car lives over there.
The wing/deck lid needed better color matching since the last time it was painted and the air scoops are being painted in black. I'd seen the scoops in CF but just didn't get them.
So Neal what's going on with you and the car?

Good luck, so you soon,

GT3Ranger...Juan
Hey Juan, I will probably be at Motorsport Wednesday or Thursday. I actually saw your HRE wheels with the yellow pinstripe sitting there.

My car is still waiting for the parts to come in from Germany, it can still be a while longer. Of course my luck, i had Motorsport mount and balance my HRE C20's and all 3 wheels went fine, and the 4th front wheel was leaking air from the valve stem hole. So the wheel is on its way back to HRE. I should have it back by wednesday i hope. Then i need to go back to motorsport for the tire to be put back on. I also sold my stock wheels, so now the car is undrivable and sitting on a spare 18" wheel in my garage with NO tire.

Next mod i want to get is the RS wing, i think the car needs it.

Old 12-02-2007, 03:22 PM
fcracer is infamous around these partsfcracer is infamous around these parts
The screens look great, do you have a part number for them? I assume one can order PMS parts from any official dealer?

Old 12-02-2007, 05:06 PM
Banned
Neal so it seems you will keep the GT3. If that's the case I'm glad to here it. This a great car but **** happens as it did with my crank pulley.
Do not worry HRE will take care of the problem. They are the best customer service wheel company and best product IMO.

fcracer I do not know a part # but your local dealer can acquire this information from Porsche Motorsport. I will tell you it takes time. Porsche Motorsport does not respond very quickly. I've been waiting for months after the Cargraghic (RSS) screens did not fit well.
Trust me, if you want screens get these.

Good luck,GT3Ranger...Juan

Old 12-03-2007, 12:08 AM
Originally Posted by GT3Ranger
Neal so it seems you will keep the GT3. If that's the case I'm glad to here it. This a great car but **** happens as it did with my crank pulley.
Do not worry HRE will take care of the problem. They are the best customer service wheel company and best product IMO.

fcracer I do not know a part # but your local dealer can acquire this information from Porsche Motorsport. I will tell you it takes time. Porsche Motorsport does not respond very quickly. I've been waiting for months after the Cargraghic (RSS) screens did not fit well.
Trust me, if you want screens get these.

Good luck,GT3Ranger...Juan
Juan, as of now, i tried to convince my self to keep it. Although the way i am being treated is a real turn off. The problem is still not fixed, but i hope when it is fixed i can forget about it and be happy with this car, since i do love it, when i can drive it that is......

HRE is great, this is a very rare problem. In my mind they are the best wheel company out there and there customer service is great too. Just funny it happened to me with all i been going threw.

Old 12-04-2007, 11:01 AM
P97
P97 is infamous around these parts
Hey Juan,

I gotta stop reading your posts man...you putting all kinds of ideas in my head. Can't sleep. Keep us updated.

David

Old 12-04-2007, 11:37 AM
Banned
Hey David how are you?
This car is a passion. The screens are beautiful and very functional. I love how they take the contour of the bumper. They very well finished. Did you noticed the little head light washers are painted in yellow. Normally they're chrome. Dymags look good but still haven't run on them. Suspension was finished. Can't wait to feel changes.

Will keep informed of the mods. Still in debate about what to do with the seats.

Cheers,
Juan

Old 12-06-2007, 01:37 PM
naparsei is infamous around these parts
Juan,
Who did you contact to get those bumpers? I've been trying to get a hold of these, and it seems like they are in short supply.

Old 12-06-2007, 02:15 PM
Banned
Hey naparsei I'm not sure when you said the front bumper? You mean the screens right. Champion Motorsport got the screens for me from Porsche Motorsport (Germany). They do take a long time to get but they are worth every week of wait. The fit is perfect.
If your local dealer can't come through for you call Champion Motorsport at (954)946-2136 or (800)775-2456 and ask for Shirrazz or Jesse. Tell them Juan referred you.

Good luck, GT3Ranger...Juan

Old 12-07-2007, 09:37 AM
naparsei is infamous around these parts
screens, bumpers, whatever. Thanks for the heads up. I will try that.