Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

WRECKed - Yellow Carrera GT

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-06-2007, 04:21 PM
DaveMo is infamous around these partsDaveMo is infamous around these parts
There was one in Orange County that got rear ended on it's delivery/inspection check ride. Rumor has it that they shipped it back to Germany and that it was a cool $100K to repair....

Old 12-06-2007, 04:35 PM
blinkwatt is infamous around these parts
Damn...how that kid had ***** to drive that thing is beyond me. When I first drove a 996 I was kinda nervous just cause I knew what it was and how much it meant to my Dad. I can't imagine taking out a strangers CGT and even think about starting it up w/o the owners permission,let alone drive it. Kid has *****.

Mad props to the owner for not killing the kid though.

Old 12-06-2007, 07:24 PM
Former Vendor
AutoTalent is just really niceAutoTalent is just really niceAutoTalent is just really niceAutoTalent is just really niceAutoTalent is just really nice
Hope the owner gets free details for life

Old 12-07-2007, 09:52 AM
JAMESZ is infamous around these parts
That kid would be running for his life... Even if I did have a second one in the garage.

Old 12-07-2007, 11:29 AM
tshih is infamous around these parts
Wonder whose insurance pays for the damages. Probably the detailing business who hired the kid. The business owner would be first on the list to extract some form of restitution from the kid. As for free detailing rest of one's life (would you be so silly to trust anyone else in the future?) I'd rather have the judge garnish the kid's wages for the rest of his life to pay back the costs of the car.

Old 12-07-2007, 11:53 AM
porschedk is infamous around these parts
Damnn.

Old 12-07-2007, 08:11 PM
alzilla300 Is a GOD !alzilla300 Is a GOD !alzilla300 Is a GOD !alzilla300 Is a GOD !alzilla300 Is a GOD !alzilla300 Is a GOD !alzilla300 Is a GOD !alzilla300 Is a GOD !alzilla300 Is a GOD !alzilla300 Is a GOD !alzilla300 Is a GOD !
That really sucks! The yellow ones were pretty rare too (only something like 10 built in that color, right?) That kid definitely has some ***** but he's a dumbass. Gotta have respect.

Old 12-08-2007, 09:53 AM
RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !
Damn, that sucks...

Old 12-08-2007, 03:27 PM
Banned
john1 is infamous around these parts
ouch....

Old 12-09-2007, 12:40 PM
e36mmm is infamous around these parts
feel sorry for owner and the kid. the kid im sure will never go near a thing like that. imagine how scared the kid mustve got after smashing the thing. if i was the owner on the other hand i would slap him on the wrist and forgive him. what can you do to the kid after the accident. it has already happened and you know he cant afford the damage that he has cost.

Old 12-09-2007, 06:55 PM
j.a.cadet is a glorious beacon of lightj.a.cadet is a glorious beacon of lightj.a.cadet is a glorious beacon of lightj.a.cadet is a glorious beacon of lightj.a.cadet is a glorious beacon of light
well i would order a hit, but thats just me...

lol jkjk

Old 12-09-2007, 07:20 PM
forhamilton is infamous around these parts
Holy crap. This was the first CGT I had ever seen two years ago. I have it on video.

I met Jeff at MSR in Houston. Very nice guy. He is also a good driver. His car collection is amazing.

Old 12-09-2007, 07:36 PM
RichP is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Salespunk
This looks ready like a great donor for a Cayman motor swap!

Did anyone else see the grey CGT they have as well? Sad to see it on there.
I think I would have to cut my cayman in half and stretch the body to shoehorn that motor in.

I don't feel sorry for the kid if there was a bottle of wine the car and he may have been drinking. That sounds a bit too cocky for me...

Old 12-09-2007, 07:53 PM
Former Vendor
Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !
First off why would anyone let a 18 yr old kid detail a 440k car. Considering the value of the car and the risk in damage not a smart move in IMHO.

When we have detailers work on some of the cars at the shop we make sure they have a policy to covery damage from the work being done to the car..

Cant imagine someone so young having the experiance required to properly take care of a car like this.

Oh well.............What can you do luckily no one was hurt and the car is replaceable.

Old 12-10-2007, 01:32 AM
e36mmm is infamous around these parts
i reckon he was good at what he did and they gave him a cgt to detail. he probably got cocky one night after detailing it and invited the girl for a cruise before giving it back to the owner. j.a cadet i think i would order a hit as well actually we are just calm because its not our car.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: WRECKed - Yellow Carrera GT