Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Fabspeed 997 GT3/GT3RS Exhaust Products

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-06-2007, 02:23 PM
Former Vendor
Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !
Fabspeed 997 GT3/GT3RS Exhaust Products

Fabspeed 997 GT3/ GT3RS Exhaust Products

We at Fabspeed Motorsports want to thank all those who are using our systems on their GT3/GT3RS and the great feedback we've received. While there are many companies that have begun offering aftermarket products for the GT3; Fabspeed remains a leader in design and performance, utilizing the highest quality stainless steel and German imported catalytic converters. Fabspeed received their 997 GT3 in March 2007 and has over 9 months of research & development and dyno testing of products for the new GT3/GT3RS cars.

Fabspeed Motorsport has 5 different products available for the 997 GT3/GT3RS. These bolt-on performance replacement parts are ala carte and either replace or compliment the existing GT3 exhaust system and intake system. Any GT3/GT3RS owner can simply replace one component or several components at once and/or can use a Fabspeed system with either stock or other aftermarket parts. Each and every exhaust and intake system developed by Fabspeed Motorsports makes dyno verified horsepower and torque and great sports car sound. A customer can tailor the overall tone and weight savings to his personal satisfaction.

The Fabspeed Motorsports mini-Maxflo GT3 mufflers required 4 diffferent internal designs UNTIL they made statistically significant horsepower and torque, all dyno verfied while having not too loud sports car sound while retaining the "Sport Button" system. These mufflers are straight through and have an internal Indy Car/ Formula 1 style merge collector and an expansion chanber for maximum exhaust velocity and scavenging. Therefore our maxflo twin mufflers made +11HP more than the stock OEM POrsche 997GT3/GT3RS mufflers.

Photo show stock OEM Porsche 997 GT3/GT3RS center muffler Baseline HP refernce point 0.00HP
Middle Maxflo twin mufflers +11.1HP over stock OEM

1: Fabspeed Maxflo Performance Mufflers with dual Tips
  • Fits all 997 GT3/GT3RS cars 2007+
  • Dyno verified +8 to +11 HP. Power increase across the board..
  • Simple direct bolt-on installation- replaces OEM stock center muffler.
  • Saves 10 pounds of inertial weight from rear of your GT3/GT3RS for better handling.
  • Allows reuse of factory sport button to give the car a dual tone system.
  • Complies with factory Porsche warranty and emissions for all states EXCLUDING California.
  • Significantly increases horsepower that you can feel. Strongest and finest high performance exhaust system available for all 997 GT3/GT3RS worldwide.
  • Twin 102mm 4.0" dual mitered round adjustable tips included.
  • 14 - 16 gauge T304SS-- Much stronger and better quality and guaranteed to be te finest quality available.
  • Superb sports car dual tone sound, throaty and deep at idle and medium speeds. It's docile enough for the wife/girlfriend, but a strong and dramatic sports car sound when you floor it and go up through the gears!
  • Optional Semi-Gloss Black Powder Coating to the Fabspeed Dual Tips for an additional $100
Porsche 997 GT3 Fabspeed Promotional Video
-997 GT3/GT3RS Exhaust Explanation Video available online at Fabspeed.com

2: Fabspeed Sport Headers with 200 cell race cats
  • Headers fit all 2007 GT3/GT3RS cars worldwide.
  • Type 304L Stainless steel equal length primary tubes. C.N.C. mandrel bent, computer numerical controlled U.S.A. mandrel bending equipment.
  • Many other manufactures weld up many little tubes and bends--- Fabspeed header tubes are all 1 piece designed for maximum flow and no restriction.
  • Headers come with 200 cell German imported sport race catalytic converters. Reduced back pressure and better scavenging. More torque and horsepower across the RPM band.
  • Indy car, Formula 1 style high velocity merge collectors for maximum scavenging and performance. Complies with emissions and factory Porsche Warranty. No Check Engine light.
  • Simple and Easy bolt-on installation. These headers are automotive works of art!
-GT3/GT3RS Headers with Sport Cats Dyno Result- Available at Fabspeed.com

4: Fabspeed 997 GT3/GT3RS Side Muffler Bypass Pipes.
  • Replaces and eliminates heavy factory Porsche OEM side mufflers with the vacuums lines and other stuff.
  • 44# 22KG weight savings from the rear of the car. Perfect for more agressive sports car sound and CLUB racers and DE enthusiasts.
  • Works with stock GT3 headers and stock GT3 rear mufflers and or any brand of GT3 exhaust systems designed to be a direct replacement for factory 997 GT3 exhaust systems.
  • T 304SS mandrel bent stainless steel. Mirror show polished finish.
  • Adustable for perfect fitment.

The 997 GT3/GT3RS stock 2ndary exhaust can be too quiet and restrictive from the factory. Logically a racer would like to save 45# 22KG from any rear engined Porsche. With any Fabspeed setup the car really wakes up and sounds like it should. The above 997GT3 with Fabspeed headers, Fabspeed side muffler bypass pipes and rear twin mini Maxflo mufflers sounds great and RIPS just like a GRAND American GT3 CUP car!

All Parts are built of T304L stainless and mirror polished to a show car shine. If you haven't seen our systems and or tried Fabspeed Motorsports you MUST. They not only make great power and sound, but they are the best engineered and best looking systems around.

All 997 GT3 GT3RS exhaust systems and components are in stock. We ship internationally daily.

Please review the Fabspeed Motorsports website for all the video explanation and soundbites of all combinations of options for your GT3/GT3RS. Call our toll free number at 1-800-646-4945.

Last edited by Fabspeed Motorsport; 12-18-2007 at 06:59 AM.
Old 12-06-2007, 03:12 PM
P97
P97 is infamous around these parts
Hmm..Interesting. Would love to see the dyno chart for the prototype center muffler bypass.

Old 12-06-2007, 05:56 PM
stuart997gt3 has a spectacular aura aboutstuart997gt3 has a spectacular aura about
your telling us this entire system is 45lbs. less than stock.wow.exact weights please.

Old 12-06-2007, 06:38 PM
Brandon is infamous around these parts
So just by bolting on your maxflow muffler on it will gain 8+ 11+ hp over the factory set up? Or is that with using your full header system??

Old 12-06-2007, 06:48 PM
speedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud of
me too.

Originally Posted by P97
Hmm..Interesting. Would love to see the dyno chart for the prototype center muffler bypass.

Old 12-06-2007, 09:13 PM
FRANK B is infamous around these parts
HOLLY SH*T ,I had the opportunity to drive in the car w/ the full system shown on thier post and it was significantly faster than my RS w/ the stock system, the only thing is it really does sound like a cup car,or that might be a good thing ,any way, I would play with the set up options to fit my taste. I think I will make this the 1st mod I do after the Dymags this winter.

(absolutley no affiliation w/ the guys at Fab speed). Frank B

Old 12-06-2007, 09:15 PM
FRANK B is infamous around these parts
I meant (HOLY) SH*T.

Old 12-07-2007, 05:51 AM
Banned
GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !
Hey Fabspeed that's exactly what I've been looking for. I really like the 2 small rear mufflers to the exhaust tips.
I have the FVD headers but it looks like I can marry your rear set up to my headers. This perfect to get rid of the stock rear center muffler.
It is a beautiful piece by the way.
Could you please let me know whether this will work and price quote. Can PM me with the info.

Thank you again and the product looks awesome,
GT3Ranger...Juan

Old 12-07-2007, 06:08 AM
Banned
GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !
Oh BTW your results/numbers appear authentic and realistic. My complements to your work. The stock GT3 rwhp is real and consistent with many other results that I have studied.
There have reports of stock GT3 dynos of 380 to 386 rwhp by someone else and unless this is a dyno issue, this means only 7% DT loss?
The range I've seen has been 350 to 360 rwhp.

Anyway nice display and I'm looking forward to your response.

Thank you,
GT3Ranger...Juan

Old 12-07-2007, 07:29 AM
997gt3north is just really nice997gt3north is just really nice997gt3north is just really nice997gt3north is just really nice997gt3north is just really nice
Originally Posted by GT3Ranger
Oh BTW your results/numbers appear authentic and realistic. My complements to your work. The stock GT3 rwhp is real and consistent with many other results that I have studied.
There have reports of stock GT3 dynos of 380 to 386 rwhp by someone else and unless this is a dyno issue, this means only 7% DT loss?
The range I've seen has been 350 to 360 rwhp.

Anyway nice display and I'm looking forward to your response.

Thank you,
GT3Ranger...Juan

Juan,

Different dynos regularly show different numbers, especially if the operator is required to input variables for a specific car. Also, temperature and octane can also make a significant difference. I always use 93 octane and the seasons that I have dynoed my car, spring 07 when I first got it, and now winter 07 that I'm testing different things - in both cases the outside temperature was 60degress. When I dynoed in the spring, it was on a 4wdr Mustang Dyno and now I'm using a 2wdr Dynojet. On the Mustang, the car put down 278-279 and now the car is putting down 285-288 on the Dynojet - I think 3 to 4whp is the FVD software - so these 2 dynos are showing similar numbers.

I can tell you that MAHA dynos and Dyno Dynamics Dynamometers do show lower numbers than Mustang and Dynojets - and the numbers can be significantly lower - so 350whp on these dynos may be entirely consistent with 380whp on a Mustang / Dynojet.

With all of the above said, my earlier posts about the ECU pulling back timing when a change is made I think likely accounts for the loss of power that Fabspeed may have seen with the rear exhaust delete product as I too saw this power loss but when the car was re-dynoed 200 miles later the loss went away - I know this is a point of contention with some folk but that is what I saw.

I would say that I find it a little difficult to believe that just the Fabspeed 2 rear exhausts showing 10+hp increase over stock is a little difficult to believe.

However, I think your idea possibly combining the FVD headers and cats with the 2 rear exhausts may be interesting if further weight reduction is possible - but the rear stock exhaust only weighs 14.77 pounds (this is without the tips) and 19.44 total pounds with all the mounting clips (still no tips) included so i would check with Fabspeed the total weight of their rear exhausts

Paul

Last edited by 997gt3north; 12-07-2007 at 12:36 PM.
Old 12-07-2007, 09:47 AM
Former Vendor
Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !
Fabspeed 997 GT3/GT3RS Products

Brandon: You will gain 8-11HP just by using our twin Maxflo rear mufflers with stock headers/side mufflers. We took pictures of the stock pieces against the Fabspeed performance products to compare the overall weight savings.

Porsche 997GT3/GT3RS stock center muffler: 20.50 lbs.

Porsche 997GT3/GT3RS side mufflers: 21.20 lbs. each X's 2=42.40 lbs.

Fabspeed 997GT3/GT3RS Maxflo rear muffler: 7.70 lbs. each X's 2= 15.4 lbs

Fabspeed side muffler bypass pipes: 3.15 lbs. each X's 2= 6.30 lbs.

Porsche OEM overall catback exhaust weight= 62.9 lbs.
Fabspeed overall catback exhaust weight= 21.7 lbs.
41.2 lbs. total savings using Fabspeed performance products.

We are still trying to locate the dyno result for the muffler bypass pipes that were tested in March. More information will be available later.

Old 12-07-2007, 12:51 PM
TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !
I've seen them in person, nice setup.