GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

GT3 Brakes

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-12-2007, 06:16 PM
Mark C4S is infamous around these parts
GT3 Brakes

Guys,

I am looking at 2 used GT3's, one with PCCB and one without. Do you guys believe that PCCB are worth it for track and resale purposes?

Mark

Old 12-12-2007, 06:30 PM
toadinlaw has much to be proud oftoadinlaw has much to be proud oftoadinlaw has much to be proud oftoadinlaw has much to be proud oftoadinlaw has much to be proud oftoadinlaw has much to be proud oftoadinlaw has much to be proud oftoadinlaw has much to be proud oftoadinlaw has much to be proud oftoadinlaw has much to be proud of
I don't but that is because I track my car. the guys who i have talked to say they are to costly to repair replace if you are doing allot of aggressive braking and need to replace rotors and pads. I do not have them so this is not first hand, but they are more costly for sure.

Old 12-12-2007, 07:25 PM
Jim Bacus is infamous around these parts
Not for the track if you do it a lot... (I enjoyed 4500 track miles this summer) I "upgraded" my PCCB's to AP racing steels in the front, and cup car steels in the rear, and use Pagid 19's. Had the car reprogammed for the steel brakes. Much better (and cost effective) to track. I could modulate the peddle better, easier heal/toe and better pad selection, and no fears of damaging an expensive rotor.

I still have the PCCB's to re-install for resale... if that should ever happen. (I enjoy this car too much)

Last edited by Jim Bacus; 12-12-2007 at 09:47 PM.
Old 12-12-2007, 07:31 PM
Thanks for confirming! Now I just need to make up my mind on the right GT3....

Old 12-12-2007, 07:47 PM
Turbo4ever is a jewel in the roughTurbo4ever is a jewel in the roughTurbo4ever is a jewel in the rough
I think PCCB is a must have for the GT3.

Old 12-12-2007, 09:38 PM
Andrew D. is infamous around these parts
I track my car often, have PCCBs and love them.

Old 12-12-2007, 10:08 PM
On Pole is a jewel in the roughOn Pole is a jewel in the roughOn Pole is a jewel in the rough
I love my 2nd Gens.

Old 12-13-2007, 10:52 AM
MeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of light
Its a must have!,its a track car why have a few drawbacks.

In my perspective a GT3 has to be loaded with CF,PCCB's and the Clubsport and no fancy mumbo jumbo such as PCM,Sunroof,lighted doorsills and other un necessary items.

Old 12-13-2007, 11:08 AM
lawjdc is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Mark C4S
Guys,

I am looking at 2 used GT3's, one with PCCB and one without. Do you guys believe that PCCB are worth it for track and resale purposes?

Mark
You don't say if you are considering a 996 GT3 or a 997 GT3. The PCCB brakes are different within each model group.

Old 12-13-2007, 11:43 AM
Originally Posted by MeanMachine
Its a must have!,its a track car why have a few drawbacks.

In my perspective a GT3 has to be loaded with CF,PCCB's and the Clubsport and no fancy mumbo jumbo such as PCM,Sunroof,lighted doorsills and other un necessary items.

You don't get a choice with the Sunroof, it comes with the 997 GT3. Clubsport I will agree... the PCCB's are just an expensive option that probably will help with resale because most people think they are great. (I think they wear too quickly if you take it to the track as much as I do, just my opinion and trying to share my experience. As I said, I have put over 4500 track miles on my GT3 last summer, 6600 miles total. 3 sets of tires, and 4 sets of brake pads...)

Old 12-13-2007, 12:45 PM
Guys

I am referring the brake option on the 997 GT3. Great input by everyone!

Mark

Old 12-13-2007, 08:48 PM
rja
rja is a glorious beacon of lightrja is a glorious beacon of lightrja is a glorious beacon of lightrja is a glorious beacon of lightrja is a glorious beacon of light
Hi Jim, how much do the Alcons cost and who do you recommend for a supplier? Thanks.

Old 12-13-2007, 09:28 PM
Originally Posted by rja
Hi Jim, how much do the Alcons cost and who do you recommend for a supplier? Thanks.
Sorry, I forgot the price but they can do better now anyways because they are an authorised dealer for these parts now. Talk to Joey Bounsante at Napleton Porsche

http://ed-napleton.porschedealer.com/

and tell him you are interested in getting a brake setup like mine. They are an authorised dealer for these rotors now.

Old 12-13-2007, 09:56 PM
porschenut911 is infamous around these parts
Jim, not to hijack the thread but who do you go to for tires in your area? I'm close to downers and need tires in April.

Old 12-14-2007, 01:34 AM
rja
rja is a glorious beacon of lightrja is a glorious beacon of lightrja is a glorious beacon of lightrja is a glorious beacon of lightrja is a glorious beacon of light
Thanks Jim, I'll give them a call.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: GT3 Brakes