Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

GT3 RS at the Bahrain International Circuit (F1)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-05-2004, 10:33 AM
Larry Herman is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by ElusiveC4
i would have to disagree.. you put him (MS) in one of the other cars besides ferrari and his win totals/poles would be a different story.
Oh, you mean like when Schumaker drove the underpowered V8 Beneton & won his first championship against superior cars using his uncanny ability to string together 4 or 5 unbelieveable laps and a creative 3 stop strategy to maximize the best attributes of that car? Or how he switched to Ferrari when it was a pile of crap & lifted the whole team up to his level of commitment. It took them a few years, but then Michael started winning championships in a car that was still second best. Mika & the McClarens were the cars to beat. Only now can you say that the Ferrari is really a superior machine. To say that Michael is where he is because of Ferrari is bass-ackwards. Ferrari is where they are today because of Michael.

Old 06-05-2004, 10:57 AM
ElusiveC4 is infamous around these parts
yea i can agree with that..those are very good points. I guess I see it more in a sense like how Phil Jackson has somehow managed to always come in right when a NBA team is on the cusp of greatness and is able to win championships and people call him a coaching God. I believe that he does possess very good coaching skills but it also helps when you have the best players on the planet on your team. In the end, I guess im just jaded about the current state of F1 where its ferrari 1-2 every race and the only good battles are those for 4th-8th place

Old 06-05-2004, 09:19 PM
Larry Herman is infamous around these parts
Hey, I won't ever argue that Michael seems to be in the right place at the right time...all the time. Sometimes luck has a lot to do with success. We've all heard it before...I'd rather be lucky than good. Well it seems that Michael is both lucky and good.

And it can change. Look at BAR and Jenson Button. All of a sudden, they seem to have it together. Ferrari will falter, and there will be a team waiting in the wings to step in. It seems that the problem in F1 right now, besides Michael's brilliance is that a very small advantage in the car can turn into dominance on the track. With limited passing opportunities, the car and driver combination that can run fast, consistant laps will win. You cannot overdrive the car to victory the way some drivers used to.

Last edited by Larry Herman; 06-05-2004 at 09:25 PM.
Old 06-06-2004, 09:40 AM
JASCLASS is infamous around these partsJASCLASS is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by MetalSolid
Michael Schumacher is the best driver ever created. I say created because the man is a machine - with the left over parts they made Ralf!

Old 06-07-2004, 06:45 AM
Porsche Fiend
Hamann7 is infamous around these partsHamann7 is infamous around these parts
Schumacher was appointed to motorsports by God himself. He is simply on another plane from any other driver.

Remember boys, it wasn't until last 2-3 seasons that Ferrari engineered superior cars. In fact, if anything, being part of Ferrari was a handicap.

Old 06-08-2004, 04:35 PM
turbo77 is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by Hamann7
Schumacher was appointed to motorsports by God himself. He is simply on another plane from any other driver.

Remember boys, it wasn't until last 2-3 seasons that Ferrari engineered superior cars. In fact, if anything, being part of Ferrari was a handicap.
and its MS who brought Ferrari back. come on guys give his credit he makes everyone else on the track feel slow....he's soo perfect that watching him race is boring.....that what makes his great... Like Rossi last year, dunno what happened this year... those slow yamaha's...my two cents...

Old 06-08-2004, 10:49 PM
MJSpeed is a jewel in the roughMJSpeed is a jewel in the roughMJSpeed is a jewel in the roughMJSpeed is a jewel in the rough
Larry,

You are WRONG---SENNA has more poles (65) than any one else include Heir Schumacher (59 or 60). Schumi has been in F1 since 1991 (13-14 years) and has never really had a crappy car on the other hand Senna did it in (9 years, 3 races) and raced for such teams as Toleman (He finished second at Monaco becuase they stopped the race). If you want to see the best driver ever in a less powerful car beat the crap out of everyone watch the 1993 European Grand Prix where Senna lapped the entire field in a McLaren with less powerful Ford engines (Schumi's Benneton was the Ford factory team, before Bennetton switched to Renault and then won the championship)...Look Schumi is the best of His time but that's it...It's still Senna, Clark & Fangio at the top. Where would Schumi be with out Ross Brawn & Rory Byrne is the better question...Ross, Rory & Jean Todt put Ferrari back on the map! Just my $.50

Old 06-09-2004, 03:53 AM
NJ-GT has much to be proud ofNJ-GT has much to be proud ofNJ-GT has much to be proud ofNJ-GT has much to be proud ofNJ-GT has much to be proud ofNJ-GT has much to be proud ofNJ-GT has much to be proud ofNJ-GT has much to be proud ofNJ-GT has much to be proud ofNJ-GT has much to be proud of
Senna expend more time in the top teams with the best cars.

Schumacher never got a chance to get in the top teams (never). He drove slower cars. He raised Ferrari to the level it's today.

When young Schumacher and mature Senna were driving together, Senna had a better car, and he was loosing. From the cockpit you could see Senna horrible steering manners (even with active steering), while Schumacher was smooth.

Today's Schumacher with latest Senna won't be a match. Schumacher is a machine (no errors). Senna was a push and explore the limits driver, with consistent mistakes in every race. Look at those old races and watch Senna lines, braking points, etc.

Anyway Senna was a great driver. Schumacher is a living legend, ask everybody else outside US.

Old 06-09-2004, 07:37 AM
Falgo is infamous around these parts
One for the Shumi fans

Did i mention that my other kid is a F.. fan (i'd hate to say the F word in this forum)

Attached Images  
Old 06-09-2004, 07:41 AM
Out of the pit

Last car... but not for long!

Attached Images  
Old 06-09-2004, 07:47 AM
a 42 driving a 42

Managed to get a number that reflects my age

Attached Images  
Old 06-09-2004, 07:52 AM
The Sakhir Tower

Checkout:

http://www.bahraingp.com.bh/

Attached Images  
Old 06-09-2004, 08:07 AM
rockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond repute
Nice track and great car!!! Thanks for the pix...:-)

Old 06-09-2004, 01:28 PM
MJSpeed is a jewel in the roughMJSpeed is a jewel in the roughMJSpeed is a jewel in the roughMJSpeed is a jewel in the rough
Falgo,

Awesome pictures...can you give us some insight as to what your impressions of the car are...what were your lap times compared to other cars? Again AWESOME!!!

NJ-GT,

I almost didn't get your humor...because if you're being serious then you obviously have no idea what you're talking about if you watch the 1993 F1 season you would notice that Senna won 5 races and Schumi won only one with the more powerful Ford engines...your comments are received as comical!! Thanks for making me laugh tonight, I needed it...

Last edited by MJSpeed; 06-09-2004 at 01:31 PM.
Old 06-12-2004, 07:11 PM
B7R
B7R has a spectacular aura aboutB7R has a spectacular aura aboutB7R has a spectacular aura about
GT3 RS, not a bad start on a new track....!

By the way, your son is holding his ears and saying:
"OOH Please Dad .... Schume is on the other pit...!"

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: GT3 RS at the Bahrain International Circuit (F1)