Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

GT3 RS at the Bahrain International Circuit (F1)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-12-2004, 09:48 PM
msindi is infamous around these parts
Hey B7R - good to see you are here too....

Old 06-13-2004, 02:10 AM
B7R
B7R has a spectacular aura aboutB7R has a spectacular aura aboutB7R has a spectacular aura about
Thumbs up Nice Car....!

Many Thanks for your fast replay today.... expecting to c u soon.

However, you should change your HRE wheels as we agreed !

Old 06-13-2004, 03:42 AM
Falgo is infamous around these parts
Hey B7R!! Stop messing with my fans!!!

Attached Images  
Old 06-13-2004, 04:41 AM
a Montoya fan (once again!)

Attached Images  
Old 06-13-2004, 05:11 AM
QUOTE]Originally posted by MJSpeed
Falgo,

can you give us some insight as to what your impressions of the car are...what were your lap times compared to other cars?
[/QUOTE]

The day at the track was more of an orientation. The RS was new (only 400Km on the odo), and the track was divided into 4 sections, 10 cars per sections and we switched to a new section at the end of an hour. Towards the end of the day we lapped the track but without a timer. Another track day is planned towards the end of Sept. Hopefully we'll be able to time laps, and i'll have more miles on the RS to push it a lil harder!

I can talk for hours about my impressions of the RS, but in a nutshell... The RS felt like no other Porsche i have owned or driven (and i have owned a few since my 1st Porsche back in 1985; 928S, 911 Turbo 3.3, 964 C4 Turbo-look, Boxster S, 996 C4S) The Rattling clutch, grinding deferential, the front springs clink when you make a sharp u turn, you hear the smallest peace of gravel hitting the car sills, hard suspension, above 3500-RPM you'll think its turbo boost thats pulling you, the dynamics of a 996, the roughness of a 964, rough idle, engine noise like no other water-cooled boxer i have heard, rough around town, AND IT ALL COMES TOGETHER IN BEAUTIFUL HARMONY ONCE YOU ARE ON THE TRACK!!!

Old 06-13-2004, 05:58 PM
B7R
B7R has a spectacular aura aboutB7R has a spectacular aura aboutB7R has a spectacular aura about
Wink RS Harmony

Originally posted by Falgo

I can talk for hours about my impressions of the RS, but
"IT ALL COMES TOGETHER IN BEAUTIFUL HARMONY ONCE YOU ARE ON THE TRACK!!!" [/B]
Now your talking Falgo.... Yes give us more about that
( Harmouny Feeling ), and please do not mention Montoyas name ever again ...!

Last edited by B7R; 06-13-2004 at 06:07 PM.
Old 06-14-2004, 06:46 AM
Banned
Life Dies has much to be proud ofLife Dies has much to be proud ofLife Dies has much to be proud ofLife Dies has much to be proud ofLife Dies has much to be proud ofLife Dies has much to be proud ofLife Dies has much to be proud ofLife Dies has much to be proud ofLife Dies has much to be proud of
I don't think many people have the same perspective as I do about what Formula One is all about. I love exactly how F1 is today, its perfect! F1 isn't about passing. If I wanted to watch passing I would be a Tony Stewart fan, which I am not. F1 is about the best of the best. Who's got the most money, who's got the best engineers, who's got the best team, and who's got the best drivers. Thats whats beautiful about it. It isn't an even level playing field. MS doesn't dominate because his car is the best, he is. No doubt, his car is probably the most competent, but put another man in his shoes and I doubt he would be able to display such consistancy. MS is unarguably one of the best drivers to ever surface on this planet. His will to succeed is unmatched, thats why he wins races.