Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Purchase experience with Road Sport Supply

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-22-2007, 07:49 AM
blakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond repute
Purchase experience with Road Sport Supply

Hey everyone,

I just wanted to make a quick post on here regarding an experience that I had with Mike and the team at RSS. I don't want to go too into detail, because I don't want to set precedent for their generosity in specifics. I don't know if they could do exactly this every time. But I bought a part from them. I had it installed. It was defective, but was arguable whether or not I did it, the installer did it, or it came that way. They were incredible. I called in, they apologized on behalf of the product, and shipped me out another piece immediately... and it was an expensive piece. I didn't pay for that shipping, or shipping to get anything back to them. They actually just trusted me that the other piece was bad (I DID send pics though) and they told me just to scrap it and not to worry about it. I've bought from other retailers on here too. I haven't had something like this happen though, so I thought I'd make a comment. However, I've never had reason to send anything back to any of the others and they've all been incredible too. But I just had to make a note here about RSS as well as the strong relationship they must have with Cargraphic, who let them just do this without any argument. It's all impressive. Just wanted to share.

Take care, and MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Old 12-22-2007, 11:49 AM
Banned
GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !
That is great to hear of such a story and solid stand-up business practice from RSS. Good to keep in mind.

GT3Ranger

Old 12-22-2007, 12:17 PM
Craigger is infamous around these parts
thats a breath of fresh air. Well done.

Old 12-23-2007, 07:03 PM
Andrew D. is infamous around these parts
It's always good to hear something nice about a shop or vendor. Thanks!

Old 12-23-2007, 09:39 PM
rja
rja is a glorious beacon of lightrja is a glorious beacon of lightrja is a glorious beacon of lightrja is a glorious beacon of lightrja is a glorious beacon of light
I've also dealt w/ the folks at road sport. Very knowledgeable and professional.

Old 12-23-2007, 10:28 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
same here.. greg and the crew seem like a great bunch of folks!

Old 12-24-2007, 12:09 AM
mowblowgo is infamous around these parts
Ditto to Greg and that crew. Solid service is an understatement.

Old 12-24-2007, 06:50 AM
steve@digitalho is infamous around these parts
I have had the same good experience with Mike and Greg. We were one of the first to install the Cargraphic exhaust and the first to flash the ECU with the REVO software for the GT-3 RS. Their professional customer service approach to business is very evident. Good crew at RSS/ Stuttgart. Steve

Attached Images  
Old 12-24-2007, 08:49 AM
stuart997gt3 has a spectacular aura aboutstuart997gt3 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by steve@digitalho
I have had the same good experience with Mike and Greg. We were one of the first to install the Cargraphic exhaust and the first to flash the ECU with the REVO software for the GT-3 RS. Their professional customer service approach to business is very evident. Good crew at RSS/ Stuttgart. Steve
hi steve,i'm still on the fence with what exhust to buy.i heard some of the sound clips on rss website.could you please give us some feedback on this system pros vs. cons weight,hp gains,sound ,and which system you have installed.and hp gains with or w/o ecu.thanks stuart

Old 12-24-2007, 11:53 AM
Stuart, I chose the Cargraphic because it was one of the first and the design was right. My second choice is the AWE. Reason is long primaries on the headers. What I do know is those dudes in Germany know their Porsches and I respect their engineering. I have their lightweight rear pipe with silencer. It is a race set up for track days. I run their enlarged valves for Sport mode. The sound is pure Porsche Race car. Still pretty quiet when you run a light throttle but as soon as you start squirting gas in there it get's Loud ! You have to do the ECU map for sure. It really changes the motor dynamics. REVO tuned for your car and exhaust is as good as it gets. I drove my RS today and it sounds better than my Stradale with Capristo Stage III Hyper Flo Cats & headers ! Steve

Old 12-25-2007, 10:12 PM
Banned
GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !
Hey Steve it makes me when you mention the header systems. I get a real kick when you experts think nothing of the FVD headers. NO system has showed me the TRUE gains accomplished by my FVD headers. The exhaust note also is as good or better.
I have to learn not to give a $h*t when I read all other nonsense.You have no idea nor have you properly compared.
I am damn tired talking about this, go buy the other stuff. I have only been trying to inform about quality and value. Most do not want to listen!!

Do not write a check w/ your month, you can't cash w/ your ***.
GT3AirborneRanger (Lived by it in Vietnam)

Old 12-25-2007, 10:37 PM
GTS-R is infamous around these parts
Steve,
Are those Forgeline ZX3-R wheels? If so, what size?

Old 12-25-2007, 10:54 PM
HRE Cup wheels for GT-3 RS

They are custom made HRE Cup racing wheels for the GT-3 RS. Saves 30 lbs of unsprung weight ! This is a racing wheel adapted for the RS.
18 x 9.5 front 18 x 12 rear. Running 315's Corsa on the rear now. Wheels were for mounting slicks for track days. Titanium bolts, clear coated brushed finish centers. Improvement over stock wheels in braking, acceleration and feel. Custom fittment and offset. About as good as it get's, that is if your in to performance. Call HRE with any questions or further details. They will be glad to talk to you about these one off wheels. Steve

Attached Images    
Old 12-25-2007, 11:12 PM
GTS-R is infamous around these parts
Steve,
PM sent

Old 12-26-2007, 08:00 AM
On Pole is a jewel in the roughOn Pole is a jewel in the roughOn Pole is a jewel in the rough
Great story, just what I needed to hear.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Purchase experience with Road Sport Supply