Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

One long day!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-07-2008, 01:14 AM
Mercedes Benz is infamous around these partsMercedes Benz is infamous around these parts
Sorry to hear about this. Good luck getting a new engine though. Porsche will rebuild the whole motor if need be, they will never replace the motor. I have a different problem with my GT3 and the time my part finally gets here it will be over a 2 month wait!

Old 01-22-2008, 10:25 PM
snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !
Okay everyone, I just picked the car up from Sonnen this afternoon arriving home about 7:30 this evening. As it turned out they did not tear the motor down and replace the crank!! Which I am pretty stoked about as I wasn't to keen about having someone tearing apart my car who I don't know or trust!! here is what they did:

"Carried out cylinder leakage and compression test to determine if engine had any internal damage. ( do to the fact I had to drive the car 1/2 a mile to find a wide enough spot on Hwy-1 to pull off the road) all results good.Examined cylinder liners with bore scope for damage, none found. Removed engine/transmission and mounted on stand to check engine casing and thread damage. Check and found crank pulley seal leaking. Coolant distributer leaking coolant. Also found crank pulley locating pin sheared off and part of pin stuck in crankshaft. Drilled out and extract crank pully pin. Replaced crank seal and distributer housing. check and clean crank pulley threads. Install new crank pin, pulley and bolt.Torque to "NEW" (key word) factory specification (250NM) Reassembled and roadtested car, checked for faults, checed and topped off all fluid levels. Operating as designed."

This is followed by a list of misc seals gaskets new pulley and other parts, 14 in all.

I have driven the car 124 miles today and all seems well. Stopped at my tire guy's on the way home and had my 6th set of rear MPSC's installed. I am pretty excited about having the 3 back in the garage and had a great full moon drive home up Hwy-1. Had to avoid one very large cow standing directly in the middle of the road, two deer, both bucks and one skunk who some unlucky sap ran over earlier in the evening.

So I guess the moral of this story is; have your dealer check the torque on your pulley!!!

Old 01-23-2008, 09:30 AM
ALTAADAM007 is infamous around these parts
Interesting! Can't believe they removed the entire transaxle and motor to check it. At least they are thorough! Great dealer!

Keep us posted and stay the heck away from wildlife! You appear to be a hunter and may not have known it!

Old 01-23-2008, 02:30 PM
unique has much to be proud ofunique has much to be proud ofunique has much to be proud ofunique has much to be proud ofunique has much to be proud ofunique has much to be proud ofunique has much to be proud ofunique has much to be proud ofunique has much to be proud ofunique has much to be proud of
thank you 1800PORSCHE

Old 01-23-2008, 09:10 PM
Ritesh is infamous around these parts
Good News!! Kinda disappointing to see this on a new porsche but glad they didn't have to do a complete tear down.