Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Would you pay 50% over MSRP for a Ford Mustang?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-30-2007, 01:20 AM
rja
rja is a glorious beacon of lightrja is a glorious beacon of lightrja is a glorious beacon of lightrja is a glorious beacon of lightrja is a glorious beacon of light
Would you pay 50% over MSRP for a Ford Mustang?

I realized this is way off topic for this forum, but I had to share this. I was at a Ford dealer this evening with my wife and they had a red Shelby Mustang in the showroom. I was curious about the price and just about $hit my pants when I saw the window sticker (below). For the "NW adjustment", you even get a badge stuck on to the back of your car (also shown below). This gives new meaning to price gouging. They'll never get it of course, but it takes some real ***** to be able to ask that price with a straight face.

Old 12-30-2007, 01:30 AM
Poisoned Pony is infamous around these parts
nope, not even the most diehard of the Shelby guys will pay that either. Yet, the stealerships still rope in a moron every now and then with that price tag. There's a Ford dealer in the south Bay Area that recieved the new Bullitt Mustang in. Sticker was $36k, then added $10k. I laughed at the guy and walked right out.

Old 12-30-2007, 01:46 AM
MeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of light
Its a gorgeous car but its not worth 77 thousand, over here they are selling around 55-60 thousand dollars for both Convertible and Coupe' models.

I am sure the price would decrease when they release the GT500KR 605hp and the GT500SS with 700hp+.

The exterior of the GT500 is nicely done but the Saleen S281 with its centre exhausts is a looker aswell.

Old 12-30-2007, 07:54 AM
SLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to behold
I'm sorry, I would not pay one penny over MSRP for any car! Especially Mustang since there seems to be every darn after market vendor making their own version of the Mustang.

Old 12-30-2007, 08:13 AM
Emor8t is infamous around these parts
I think the better question is would any body pay $50,000 for any ford other than a GT?

Not me.

Old 12-30-2007, 08:18 AM
mricorp is infamous around these parts
It's a bunch of crap!

The guy that owns my local Ford dealership (who I buy at least 5 cars from a year) told me he would do me a "favor" and sell me one for $10K over.

I told hom to take his $10K and shove it up his a@*!

They made over 5000 of these things last year and will probably make more than that this year so where is the value? Oh, and I think at least half of them are on ebay!

Old 12-30-2007, 08:54 AM
LTCJMRamos has much to be proud ofLTCJMRamos has much to be proud ofLTCJMRamos has much to be proud ofLTCJMRamos has much to be proud ofLTCJMRamos has much to be proud ofLTCJMRamos has much to be proud ofLTCJMRamos has much to be proud ofLTCJMRamos has much to be proud ofLTCJMRamos has much to be proud ofLTCJMRamos has much to be proud of
Even out here in the boondocks of Half Moon Bay, CA (30 mi South of San Francisco on the Coast), the Ford dealer has had 5 of these listed at $75K. They sell, according to him. This is the same guy who wanted $249K for a GT, and sold it for $263K!!!! Someone will pay the price, not me.

Old 12-30-2007, 08:59 AM
GSlider is a name known to allGSlider is a name known to allGSlider is a name known to allGSlider is a name known to allGSlider is a name known to allGSlider is a name known to all
Ridiculous. The dealers think its the most amazing of cars and try to sell it for more than you'll ever get back out of it.

Old 12-30-2007, 09:05 AM
rs4fast is infamous around these parts
I would never buy one, so i guess my answer is, HELLZ NO!

Old 12-30-2007, 11:28 AM
jamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant future
I wouldn't drive that thing if it was free.

Old 12-30-2007, 11:30 AM
Redlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by jamie
The funny part is that your serious.

I wouldn't either by the way.

Old 12-30-2007, 11:33 AM
Senna is a jewel in the roughSenna is a jewel in the roughSenna is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by jamie
Amen.....

Old 12-30-2007, 12:38 PM
str8edgersx is infamous around these parts
i think its funny they left the ****ty suspension on the GT500s because it would cost an extra $5000 for an upgrade. it handles like crap but a GT500 owner would part more for better suspension any way. buy a saleen 281 or rousch and have a lot better car and a better looker

Old 12-30-2007, 03:39 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
That is B.S., the Shelby's were amazingly selling for well over (15k) MSRP for a long long time. I think many can be found for 5k over now, but the ones that sold for 75k were gone in the first few months after release which was middle of last year. Anyone who pays that now is plumb stupid, even stupider than the first few because at least they have the early vin's

Old 12-30-2007, 04:19 PM
rja
rja is a glorious beacon of lightrja is a glorious beacon of lightrja is a glorious beacon of lightrja is a glorious beacon of lightrja is a glorious beacon of light
From reading this thread, I can't believe people are actually paying $10k or even $5k over for these cars? Has anybody seen one of these cars up close? Build quality is horrible. Looking under the hood is a flash back to the 80s for me. I'm sorry, I'm just not impressed at all w/ Ford. Funny thing is, we were at the Toyota dealer last night just before heading over the the Ford dealer (we're looking for a commuter car and they had a lightly used Mini), and the Toyota dealer was booming with business. I acutally had to ask for a saleperson at the reception desk and inquired if there was some kind of party going on and, nope, just busy w/ year end deals, etc. There were people everywhere. Then we went over to the ford dealer right around the corner and it was dead. Not a single customer on the lot other than us. No joke. I commented on it to the salesman and he simply said that "People don't understand yet that Fords are just as good as Toyotas." Maybe so (ha ha), but the Toyota dealer isn't marking up their cars 50% either.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Would you pay 50% over MSRP for a Ford Mustang?