Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Lambo Doors

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-03-2008, 01:08 PM
Doctor K is infamous around these parts
Lambo Doors

Just thinking (please no flames) about Lambo Doors on my 2005 GT3.
Anyone tried them. Opinions, remarks etc appreciated.

Thanks

Doc

Old 01-03-2008, 01:12 PM
Jedidiah is infamous around these parts
Takes some ***** to ask a question like that on this forum, I will give you that.

I would definitely pass on the lambo doors, especially on a GT3. There is a reason they are called "lambo" doors. If you want to do something to the doors, take out the stereo components and add some CF panels and lighten it up.

You might want to double up on the flame suit.

Old 01-03-2008, 01:18 PM
Doctor K is infamous around these parts
Thank you for your well thought out, insightful and optomistic reply. I guess LED running lights and an FM roof mounted antenna would be out of the question, but the Earl Scheib paint job still sounds good!

Old 01-03-2008, 01:23 PM
speedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud of
i'm guessing you will be the first to do it.

Old 01-03-2008, 01:24 PM
BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !
i say to each his own. =) that's what makes the world an even more interesting place.

Last edited by BoxsterGirlie01; 01-03-2008 at 02:04 PM.
Old 01-03-2008, 01:26 PM
Jedidiah is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Doctor K
Thank you for your well thought out, insightful and optomistic reply. I guess LED running lights and an FM roof mounted antenna would be out of the question, but the Earl Scheib paint job still sounds good!
. Doc I really meant no offense to your post, and hope you didn't take it as such.

You have to admit, it is an interesting thought. Adding weight to a car that is built specifically to be on a track where weight is your enemy..... wouldn't you agree?

I don't know if you have ever picked up a "lambo" door hinge, but they are not exactly made out of titanium if you know what I mean.

Old 01-03-2008, 02:01 PM
Rec Racing has a spectacular aura aboutRec Racing has a spectacular aura about
Give The Guy A Break!

C'mon cut the guy some slack, it was a serious question. To be very honest I have had the same thoughts on Lambo doors for my RS, I just have not had the guts to speak it aloud. Now that it is on the table, would they look good with the curb feelers, and bobbing head Chihuahua I also have planned?

Old 01-03-2008, 02:07 PM
Stephan has a spectacular aura aboutStephan has a spectacular aura aboutStephan has a spectacular aura about
FYI, there called Scissor Doors.

Old 01-03-2008, 02:12 PM
Banned
RAW-MEAN is infamous around these parts
You guys are out of your minds, why? Why? Why? Its so cheesy, GT3 is a work of art why destroy it? Lambo doors are for wannabes. They only look good on lambos, I can't think of a good example but its almost like putting wings on a Honda Civic.

Old 01-03-2008, 02:18 PM
Tipo815 is infamous around these partsTipo815 is infamous around these parts
I personally wouldn't do it but it's not my car. It would probably be a first on this model and would be interesting to see.

In the end ... the only person that it should matter to is you. It's not as if you can't remove them if you decide you don't like them. I'd say to give it a try ...

Old 01-03-2008, 03:15 PM
jimhuber is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by RAW-MEAN
You guys are out of your minds, why? Why? Why? Its so cheesy, GT3 is a work of art why destroy it? Lambo doors are for wannabes. They only look good on lambos, I can't think of a good example but its almost like putting wings on a Honda Civic.

I would say that a GT 3 is not a work of art. And if wannabes want a GT 3 to be a work of art then what is the point? I had a Honda Civic SI with a factory wing and to me at the time is was the world and it was part of what has made me be a car guy today.

Jim Huber

Old 01-03-2008, 08:25 PM
luiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud of
Like said before Lambo doors are only for MURCIELAGOS

Old 01-04-2008, 03:41 AM
j.a.cadet is a glorious beacon of lightj.a.cadet is a glorious beacon of lightj.a.cadet is a glorious beacon of lightj.a.cadet is a glorious beacon of lightj.a.cadet is a glorious beacon of light

all jokes aside, i say you do what makes you happy, who cares what others think. if your gonna do the doors make sure you use true lambo doors, not those gay cheap conversion that open up but sideways kind of.

Old 01-04-2008, 04:43 AM
CarGuy56 is infamous around these parts
^ haha

Old 01-04-2008, 05:54 AM
bpgt3 is infamous around these parts
I guess I would ask, do you track the GT3, is it only an aesthetic change? If you don't track it and only want to have it look good in your opinion.....then do it. Not my taste but as said earlier....you would probably be the first.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Lambo Doors