Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Mb 55amg

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-06-2008, 04:59 PM
Doctor K is infamous around these parts
Thanks everyone for your kind responses. The BMW store is just down the street from the MB store, so I may just stroll on in. I also found a 3200 mile Maserati Cambiocorsa, very similar to the one I traded in on my GT3 2 years ago.
I've sat here all day dreading trading my GT3 and wondering how empty my garage will be without her. However I have spondylitic myleopathy with MS type symptoms which are idiopathic in nature. Long story short I can't drive an automobile requiring a clutch.

All my life, even though I have had 7 Porsches, I wanted a GT3 in Black. I had her for two glorious years, and it will break my heart to think of someone less careful than I driving her.

Oh, **** on her. There never was enough room for my cane in the front seat anyway.

Doc

Last edited by Doctor K; 01-06-2008 at 05:05 PM.
Old 01-06-2008, 07:18 PM
prg
prg is infamous around these parts
I've had a S55 for four years. The motors great. Tremendous torque. Nice noise. This cars powertrain has been flawless for 45k miles. The electronics on the Command system are buggy though. Occasionally we've had to turn the car off to reboot the command system to get the damn phone system to work. I don't know if this is universal or simply a problem with the 04 vintage S class software.

The numb steering and understeer in the SL (compared to your GT3) may take some of the joy out of driving it. Putting the top (and your right foot) down may take some of the sting out of losing the GT3 experience though.

Last edited by prg; 01-06-2008 at 07:22 PM.
Old 01-06-2008, 07:39 PM
rja
rja is a glorious beacon of lightrja is a glorious beacon of lightrja is a glorious beacon of lightrja is a glorious beacon of lightrja is a glorious beacon of light
I'd go for the M5. A better car I think not to mention the MB build quality issues. It's been a while (around 2000) since I or anybody I know has owned one so maybe the build qualilty issues are gone.

Old 01-06-2008, 07:42 PM
Mussel Kar is a jewel in the roughMussel Kar is a jewel in the roughMussel Kar is a jewel in the rough
SL55 is different but still very enjoyable. Top down with the wind in your hair is +++. There is very little air turbulence with the windows open or the top down. Exhaust note to die for and there is always Kleeman K2 if you want more sound and power. With the K2 is is almost a dead even match for the 997TT from a 45 roll to 140. No back seats but a lot of usable trunk space. Used 55s are taking a big hit but are still good bargans with a CPO.