Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

997 GT3 Spec Questions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-06-2008, 11:33 AM
RPM
RPM has much to be proud ofRPM has much to be proud ofRPM has much to be proud ofRPM has much to be proud ofRPM has much to be proud ofRPM has much to be proud ofRPM has much to be proud ofRPM has much to be proud of
997 GT3 Spec Questions

Hey guys,

I am currently spec-ing my 997 GT3. I was wondering if any of you guys could give me the full options list with factory codes (or at least direct me to where I could find it). The website configurator is a little counterintuitive.

I also have a few questions about certain spec options:
1. What is the option code for alcantara? When selecting it on the configurator, does the alcantara seat option include a thicker alcantara steering wheel and gearshift?
2. I was hoping to get my OEM wheels in anthracite. I know there is an option for body color wheels, but do any of you guys know if any of the body colors come even close to an anthracite color? Any p-shops available so I can see what the carrara white/anthracite wheel combination looks like?
3. What is the code for deviated stitching? Is it only an exclusive option?
4. What is the code for body colored seat backs?
5. What is the "headlight cleaner cover in exterior color"? Any pictures of this?

I have a ton more questions that I will keep posting, but any help you guys give would be great.

Thanks
RPM

Old 01-06-2008, 02:50 PM
toadinlaw has much to be proud oftoadinlaw has much to be proud oftoadinlaw has much to be proud oftoadinlaw has much to be proud oftoadinlaw has much to be proud oftoadinlaw has much to be proud oftoadinlaw has much to be proud oftoadinlaw has much to be proud oftoadinlaw has much to be proud oftoadinlaw has much to be proud of
I don't know about the codes but the Porsche web will let you build your own and I think that the owners manual at the beginning of this tread section may have all the options listed.

Old 01-06-2008, 05:22 PM
Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by RPM
Hey guys,

I am currently spec-ing my 997 GT3. I was wondering if any of you guys could give me the full options list with factory codes (or at least direct me to where I could find it). The website configurator is a little counterintuitive.

I also have a few questions about certain spec options:
1. What is the option code for alcantara? When selecting it on the configurator, does the alcantara seat option include a thicker alcantara steering wheel and gearshift?
2. I was hoping to get my OEM wheels in anthracite. I know there is an option for body color wheels, but do any of you guys know if any of the body colors come even close to an anthracite color? Any p-shops available so I can see what the carrara white/anthracite wheel combination looks like?
3. What is the code for deviated stitching? Is it only an exclusive option?
4. What is the code for body colored seat backs?
5. What is the "headlight cleaner cover in exterior color"? Any pictures of this?

I have a ton more questions that I will keep posting, but any help you guys give would be great.

Thanks
RPM
This is what I used to spec. my GT3.

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
2007_997_gt3-usd copy.pdf (684.9 KB, 235 views)
Old 01-06-2008, 09:34 PM
Banned
Trevor Ely is infamous around these parts
1) According to the 2007 Specification sheet (Which I'm not entirely sure is completely accurate for 2008, but may be) the Alcantara inserts (Seat inlays, steering wheel rim, gear selector, hand brake grip) are all standard equipment. You can do a thicker rim steering wheel, but it's only available in smooth leather. (XPA)

2) You can do about anything via Porsche Exclusive, that may be the only way to get the wheels painted 'Anthracite'. I'd recommend painting them in one of the many selections of Gray colors...(Meteor Gray, Seal Gray, GT Silver, etc.)

The option code for Wheels Painted in Deviating Color is CRX

3) The option code for Deviating seat stitching is 25851
If you choose the Full Leather option package, you also have the choice of Deviated stitching on those panels (Dashboard, Center Console, Door/Door Handle/Door Pull and Rear side panels).

4) Not entirely sure it's a formal option on the GT3. Whether or not you'd be able to do this through Porsche Exclusive, I'm not sure.

5) Look at the picture below, the headlight cleaners are shown in deviating colors. Yours would be the same color as the car, I tend to like this as it cleans up the looks...

Here's a Carrara White 997TT with the same option...

Last edited by Trevor Ely; 01-06-2008 at 09:40 PM.
Old 01-06-2008, 10:40 PM
RPM
RPM has much to be proud ofRPM has much to be proud ofRPM has much to be proud ofRPM has much to be proud ofRPM has much to be proud ofRPM has much to be proud ofRPM has much to be proud ofRPM has much to be proud of
Thanks a lot for your help guys.

So about the full leather option - I understand that it offers much more leather on the interior, but are the seats leather with alcantara inserts (i.e. the most alcantara you can get on a US seat)? From the pdf that bruce posted, under full leather option, it still describes the leather seat as having alcantara inserts. Can anyone clear this up for me?

I tried doing a search but couldn't find it - could anyone point me to pictures of yellow gt3 dials? I know red is an option and could've sworn that I saw a member here with yellow ones.

Old 01-07-2008, 05:36 AM
Bill in Atlanta has much to be proud ofBill in Atlanta has much to be proud ofBill in Atlanta has much to be proud ofBill in Atlanta has much to be proud ofBill in Atlanta has much to be proud ofBill in Atlanta has much to be proud ofBill in Atlanta has much to be proud ofBill in Atlanta has much to be proud of
If you order "Full Leather", the seat inserts are still alcantara. In additon, the center panel of the door is also alcantara (which it is NOT on a partial-leather car).

When is your car being built ? I was told all GT3's have been built ....

Good Luck
Bill

Old 01-07-2008, 07:02 AM
Banned
Trevor Ely is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Bill in Atlanta
That's kind of what I was thinking also.

Old 01-07-2008, 10:43 AM
gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !
yellow dials from www.europeanspeed.com, not GT3 though.

Old 01-07-2008, 08:31 PM
RPM
Originally Posted by Bill in Atlanta
If you order "Full Leather", the seat inserts are still alcantara. In additon, the center panel of the door is also alcantara (which it is NOT on a partial-leather car).

Good Luck
Bill
thats good to know bill...i actually didnt know that all of them have been built already. i was planning on stopping in the dealership here in boston on thursday to find out...i guess i now know..so all th 08's have been built already? it cant hurt to ask again right?

anyway thanks guys for all your help. i appreciate it.

Ross

Old 01-08-2008, 01:34 PM
RPM
Hey guys,

1. What do the stock pedals on the gt3 look like? Any pictures? In other words, do they match the "aluminum dead pedal" option if I order it?

2. I have been trying to decide on wheel color choices. Could you guys point me to any pictures/p-shops of a carrara white bodied, normal non-RS GT3 with the following wheel colors (preferably a stock 997 gt3 wheel design):
Completely black wheels
Black wheels with a silver lip
Black wheels with a white lip (like the yellow strip on gt3 rangers)
Any type of gray/anthracite finish

Thanks a lot
RPM

Old 01-08-2008, 02:59 PM
Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by RPM
Hey guys,

1. What do the stock pedals on the gt3 look like? Any pictures? In other words, do they match the "aluminum dead pedal" option if I order it?

2. I have been trying to decide on wheel color choices. Could you guys point me to any pictures/p-shops of a carrara white bodied, normal non-RS GT3 with the following wheel colors (preferably a stock 997 gt3 wheel design):
Completely black wheels
Black wheels with a silver lip
Black wheels with a white lip (like the yellow strip on gt3 rangers)
Any type of gray/anthracite finish

Thanks a lot
RPM
How are you ordering a GT3 when production ended last month?

Old 01-08-2008, 08:11 PM
RPM
Originally Posted by Bruce
How are you ordering a GT3 when production ended last month?
hi bruce, as i said in an above post, i ddint know that they were all built already...i just thought i would go down to my dealership and check for myself. if you are correct, which i dont doubt, then i am just going to look for a similar spec one..thanks for the info

Ross

Old 01-08-2008, 09:49 PM
OldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond repute
ALL GT3s and RS production ended in Dec. So Porsche can tool up for the GT2 production.
even if you could spec one the chance that you would wander into a dealership that even had a allocation would be slim. You can however find what ever you want on the secondary market and good luck with that.

Old 01-28-2008, 03:58 PM
biturboamg is infamous around these parts
Is there any idea of final numbers for the gt3 in MY07 and MY08? I take it that we will not see a MY09 gt3?

Old 01-28-2008, 07:45 PM
Daytonaviolet is infamous around these parts
fyi, a local dealer called me almost 2 weeks ago and wanted to know if i was interested in an '08 RS allocation,.. with markup of course. he said can still be spec'd out. so, i believe there can still be a small amount of to be build.. '08 gt3's.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 997 GT3 Spec Questions