Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

430 same price as CGT - WTF?!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-19-2008, 09:46 PM
sechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant future
we arent doing too hot...and dont we say stuff is "dirt cheap" in third world places? Im pretty patriotic, but if you have to hide the fact that we have to "hide" or cover up our current state of economy then bigger problems are here... OP You got a great point...and I dont know!

Old 01-19-2008, 09:47 PM
DM1
DM1 has a reputation beyond reputeDM1 has a reputation beyond reputeDM1 has a reputation beyond reputeDM1 has a reputation beyond reputeDM1 has a reputation beyond reputeDM1 has a reputation beyond reputeDM1 has a reputation beyond reputeDM1 has a reputation beyond reputeDM1 has a reputation beyond reputeDM1 has a reputation beyond reputeDM1 has a reputation beyond repute
The ONLY hard thing about driving the CGT is to keep it within the "Legal" speed limit.

Old 01-20-2008, 12:33 AM
bli8 is infamous around these partsbli8 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Val

Question: WHO IN THIER RIGHT FREAKING MIND WILL BUY A 430 OVER A CGT???!!!!

Please explain!
The 430 can be driven by anyone's granny but not the CGT.

Old 01-20-2008, 12:39 AM
jdj27x is infamous around these parts
same with any manual vs automatic or semi automatic car?

Old 01-20-2008, 11:10 AM
mousecatcher is just really nicemousecatcher is just really nicemousecatcher is just really nicemousecatcher is just really nicemousecatcher is just really nice
Originally Posted by Josh
You are right about Ferrari. The way Ferrari dealers like to do business is by artificially driving up the prices of the cars, and they justify it by intentionally making them harder to acquire.
You pay more for the name than you do for the car.
i disagree. *Ferrari* isn't artificially driving prices up, the market sets the price. Look how long the wait list is. That's not because of Ferrari dealers making them hard to acquire, that's because of demand.

Old 01-20-2008, 01:08 PM
Val
Val is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Josh
Have you driven one? I always see comments on here about the CGT being hard to drive, yet that has never been my experience with mine.
Another thing that amazed me. I drove the car only once so far, but it was a freaking russian roads in winter! From horrors i heard i thought i was making a suicide

Came back totally shocked by how civilized the car is. And clutch is awesome

Old 01-20-2008, 01:19 PM
Cedric is infamous around these parts
No Josh, never driven a GT, i actually meant by "easier to drive" what DM1 said; keeping it within the speed limit, parking it, maintenance costs etc... daily-driveability in one word if you want.

Though the GT is probably more mechanically reliable overall than a F430, i believe if a person owned both cars, he'll most likely drive the Ferrari daily as opposed to the CGT.

Old 01-20-2008, 01:49 PM
fcar348 has a brilliant futurefcar348 has a brilliant futurefcar348 has a brilliant futurefcar348 has a brilliant futurefcar348 has a brilliant futurefcar348 has a brilliant futurefcar348 has a brilliant futurefcar348 has a brilliant futurefcar348 has a brilliant futurefcar348 has a brilliant futurefcar348 has a brilliant future
i have driven both cgt and f430 and to me they would be very similar as daily drivers esp if both have manual trans

only difference to me would be warantee and $$$$ carbon fiber repairs on cgt if accident

Old 01-20-2008, 02:02 PM
rriva is infamous around these parts
From someone that has not driven either, (I know, unqualed here) and money differences the main point here, (Cars r being reported fairly the same to drive) it boils down to justifying the premium for the Ferrari. I prefer blonds over brunettes and pay a premium to drive them.. just a preference.

Old 01-20-2008, 02:50 PM
Speedy996tt has much to be proud ofSpeedy996tt has much to be proud ofSpeedy996tt has much to be proud ofSpeedy996tt has much to be proud ofSpeedy996tt has much to be proud ofSpeedy996tt has much to be proud ofSpeedy996tt has much to be proud ofSpeedy996tt has much to be proud of
id undoubtedly take the cgt over the f430 in any form...

Old 01-20-2008, 03:11 PM
Shawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by mousecatcher
and lotus (elise/exige anyway) would SUCK as a daily driver. MANY MANY folks would get the miata instead and you don't need to insult them by calling them crazy.

same goes for CGT. It is not nearly as versatile as the F430.
You have no clue what your are talking about, Now hold on a second while I remove my back brace lol

Old 01-20-2008, 03:48 PM
TUNER350 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Shawn C
You have no clue what your are talking about, Now hold on a second while I remove my back brace lol

Old 01-20-2008, 03:56 PM
Simba has much to be proud ofSimba has much to be proud ofSimba has much to be proud ofSimba has much to be proud ofSimba has much to be proud ofSimba has much to be proud ofSimba has much to be proud ofSimba has much to be proud ofSimba has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Val
Question: WHO IN THIER RIGHT FREAKING MIND WILL BUY A 430 OVER A CGT???!!!!
In their right mind? Nobody I know. I'd rather have a CGT with 80k miles and pieces hanging off than a flappy paddled 430.

Old 01-21-2008, 02:38 PM
iceman996 is infamous around these parts
I believe most of the CGT in U.S will be expired on warranty in about 1-1.5 yrs, and at that time the price could be even lower, will hit $300-330K easily. For this price I see NO SINGLE REASON to buy F430, even we all know the repair cost for CGT is NOT cheap, but ferrari either!!

I remember around middle of last year someone here posted some online price for CGT, there is a silver CGT from Bentley Long Island(if I remember correctly) or somewhere(it is a well known dealer for sure) with 10xxx miles for only $289K!! What a deal!!!!

Last edited by iceman996; 01-22-2008 at 02:22 AM.
Old 01-21-2008, 02:47 PM
DM1
DM1 has a reputation beyond reputeDM1 has a reputation beyond reputeDM1 has a reputation beyond reputeDM1 has a reputation beyond reputeDM1 has a reputation beyond reputeDM1 has a reputation beyond reputeDM1 has a reputation beyond reputeDM1 has a reputation beyond reputeDM1 has a reputation beyond reputeDM1 has a reputation beyond reputeDM1 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by iceman996
I believe most of the CGT in U.S will be expired on warranty in about 1-1.5 yrs, and at that time the price could be even lower, will hit $300K easily. For this price I see NO SINGLE REASON to buy F430, even we all know the repair cost for CGT is NOT cheap, but ferrari either!!

I remember around middle of last year someone here posted some online price for CGT, there is a silver CGT from Bentley Long Island(if I remember correctly) or somewhere(it is a well known dealer for sure) with 10xxx miles for only $289K!! What a deal!!!!

In a CGT, those prices are now history. Have you looked at where CGT prices are today?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 430 same price as CGT - WTF?!