Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

GMG trip

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-20-2008, 05:34 PM
OldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond repute
GMG trip

I am starting work writing articles for the Porsche Marketing Letter Magazine.
My first assignment was to go see Fabryce and GMG. This was supposed to be a work assignment. It wasnt. It was about 2 hours of the most fun a GT3 guy can, have. First if you havent been to his shop its a very professional very clean shop. What you and I would build up if our dreams could come true.
Secondly there are race cars all over the place neatly stacked in the area where they are receiving the technologically advanced equipment that let them run at the front of the pack where they are so often seen. Whats really cool is, that technology is not held back for GMG guys only. If you were to come in and ask for help they would cheerfully sell you the same stuff that is in their race cars for your track or street car. Not only that, any advantage or breakthrough that comes from racing on the track at GMG is put into the products they design for you. I had a long conversation with both Todd the crew chief and Fabryce and you could see they are always thinking that what ever they develop to make them go faster on the track they are trying to get it into a product for you. ONe example is, I would like a CF rear wing for my GT3. GMG has developed a CF center wing for the standard GT3 that has another gurney lip to add MORE HP for you GT3. I am wringing out every piggy bank I have for that one.
Thier exahust work for their race cars is phenomenal. I didnt believe you could improve the exhaust note on this 997 GT3. But GMG track work HAS improved it and the center exhaust on the GT3 BY GMG is stupid sick. Very
bassy and race car like with a hint of Ferrari and just AWESOME. I have to figure out where to get them money for that now too. The last thing that hit me as we walked out by Fabryce' GT2 it the quality of the product. Just almost art worthy. THe rear wing is nice enough to hang on my wall.
I am not saying GMG is the end all be all for tuners but WOW what a way
to start my series of articles for the Porsche Marketing letter.
Look for my reviews in future issues of PML but man go see Fabryce at his shop!!!!

Old 01-23-2008, 02:40 AM
jojomon11 is infamous around these parts
Thanks for sharing

Thanks for sharing, I will consider them to get the job done for my ride.

Old 01-23-2008, 09:46 AM
CarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by jojomon11
Thanks for sharing, I will consider them to get the job done for my ride.
Do it! IMO there's really no better place!