Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

GT3 Performance Goodies...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-30-2008, 06:39 AM
Banned
GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !
Looking at the picture of the CF rollcage being discussed I see something wrong. I do not see a horizontal bar to mount the shoulder harness. There is no horizontal bar that goes between the main hoop at the C pillars.

Can someone chime in as another observation. Maybe I am see it wrong

Old 01-30-2008, 10:57 AM
brady is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by silver_6r
that is not the same as pictured above... that looks like a CF tequipment bar and NOT a cage
I know that!

That car was used to get TUV approval for both the full and rear cage. Those pics are of just the rear cage. The best thing to do it contact Jon Oakley through his website, www.oakleydesign.eu. He will answer all your questions.

Old 01-30-2008, 12:45 PM
silver_6r is infamous around these parts
roger...thanks..still looks cool though

Old 01-31-2008, 10:01 AM
Oakley Design is infamous around these parts
Hello,

I have been waiting for the account to be approved for just over a week! So sorry I couldn't comment earlier.

I am not going to be on here that often as I feel that once we appoint a US distributor this will be there territory. However you are always welcome to enquire to Oakley Design. Oakley Design

To answer a couple of questions. Yes the sequential system still requires use of the clutch. It still uses the original Porsche gearbox so nothing has changed on the mechanical side of things. However aside from use of the clutch (and as such no need for flat shift/gear cut) the operation of the system so it is everything a sequential system should be.

It is proposed that a full rolling showroom is produced (i.e a fully kitted out 997 GT3) in the US so you can try the system first hand.

Tha cage you see is actually a development cage; so yes it is correct that the Porsche cage has a different configeration. The first cages are being built as we speak. We are working with the FIA on the anti splinter technology. So far the cage has surpassed the FIA static tests. There will be more news to follow....

Last edited by Oakley Design; 01-31-2008 at 10:04 AM.
Old 02-03-2008, 08:36 PM
sechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant future
fyi, these guys are the REAL deal...the testing and data they have for every product is pretty phenomenal from a development standpoint and the minds they have working on these products are FAR more experienced than one could really imagine...I for one will be a BIG fan when these guys hit the market...