Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

FYI on the GT3 to GT3RS "Clutch" Kit conversion...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-30-2008, 08:41 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
FYI on the GT3 to GT3RS "Clutch" Kit conversion...

Hey folks just wanted to make sure you guys are in the know (most of you are) because I had a couple of people call asking for the "flywheel" for their GT3... You actually need a lot more than just the RS flywheel (still that trust 964 part lol). There's a different ring gear, pressure plate and so forth... It's all pictured/listed here so make sure when you order a "flywheel kit", you're actually getting the whole enchilada:
http://www.sharkwerks.com/products.php?pid=154

Last edited by sharkster; 01-30-2008 at 08:45 PM.
Old 01-30-2008, 09:30 PM
frankdt is infamous around these parts
Was quoted $1800 for the install and the porsche manual recommends pulling both the trans and engine. Anyone else have install quotes?

Old 01-30-2008, 09:54 PM
GT3PTY is infamous around these parts
Wondering if the ECU on the GT3 any different than the GT3RS?? So when the engine slows down faster (lighter mass) will have the same response as the RS...???

Old 01-30-2008, 10:33 PM
Daytonaviolet is infamous around these parts
sign me up im assuming these items are oem porsche so it will not affect my warranty right?

Old 01-31-2008, 09:12 AM
racing 97 is infamous around these parts
I believe I have seen a Aluminum direct replacement for the dual mass on the 997 like the 996 and Boxster.

regards

Old 01-31-2008, 02:30 PM
Banned
derek k is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by frankdt
Was quoted $1800 for the install and the porsche manual recommends pulling both the trans and engine. Anyone else have install quotes?

I would quote roughly half that for the install, removing only the transaxle. 1 day deal, drop it off in the morning, pick it up that afternoon.

Old 01-31-2008, 05:41 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by derek k
I would quote roughly half that for the install, removing only the transaxle. 1 day deal, drop it off in the morning, pick it up that afternoon.
I don't know why so many places insist that the engine has to come out Wacko... I agree.

Old 01-31-2008, 05:51 PM
M5&RS Captin is a splendid one to beholdM5&RS Captin is a splendid one to beholdM5&RS Captin is a splendid one to beholdM5&RS Captin is a splendid one to beholdM5&RS Captin is a splendid one to beholdM5&RS Captin is a splendid one to beholdM5&RS Captin is a splendid one to behold
I'm new

Hi I'm new but my dad talks to you some times. Do you know GT3Ranger?
And how much hp does kermit have.

Old 01-31-2008, 07:21 PM
Originally Posted by M5&RS Captin
Hi I'm new but my dad talks to you some times. Do you know GT3Ranger?
And how much hp does kermit have.
Oh is that Juan? Cool dad you have Kermit? Hmm about 435hp... but that's not the fast one

Old 01-31-2008, 07:47 PM
M5&RS Captin is a splendid one to beholdM5&RS Captin is a splendid one to beholdM5&RS Captin is a splendid one to beholdM5&RS Captin is a splendid one to beholdM5&RS Captin is a splendid one to beholdM5&RS Captin is a splendid one to beholdM5&RS Captin is a splendid one to behold
hey I've seen your car on youtube. nice.

Old 01-31-2008, 08:28 PM
Originally Posted by M5&RS Captin
hey I've seen your car on youtube. nice.
LOL thanks It's been around

Old 01-31-2008, 08:39 PM
maxwell is a jewel in the roughmaxwell is a jewel in the roughmaxwell is a jewel in the rough
sharky...you're selling enchiladas now?

Old 01-31-2008, 09:06 PM
Originally Posted by maxwell
sharky...you're selling enchiladas now?
LOL no as someone PM'd on Rennlist, the "mini-Shark" is _not_ included. That's my favorite Thresher Shark thingy....

People need to stop eating the fins man!

Old 02-01-2008, 11:37 AM
Originally Posted by GT3PTY
Wondering if the ECU on the GT3 any different than the GT3RS?? So when the engine slows down faster (lighter mass) will have the same response as the RS...???
Great talking to you today... no need for any different software etc...

Old 02-01-2008, 11:26 PM
CarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by sharkster
Oh is that Juan? Cool dad you have Kermit? Hmm about 435hp... but that's not the fast one
Lol! Shark, nothing out there is as fast as your "fast one"

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: FYI on the GT3 to GT3RS "Clutch" Kit conversion...