Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Best flat 6 sounding Porsche EVER!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-13-2008, 03:13 AM
19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute
Best flat 6 sounding Porsche EVER!

This is by far the best sounding 996 ever! If you can find better let me know. For the street with internal valving too. They described the normal sound of the flat 6 as “rough and bass”, I would agree to that. What I also agree to is that this exhaust gets all the high notes right and is no less beautiful then a Ferrari. The new RS is nice too, but this has the correct note and sharpness. I think that’s up there with an f1 car in Monaco. The styling of the car is in some areas is ok. They actually did aero work in the wind tunnel, and I’m sure that it sticks to the road but the point of this tread is not the subjective JDM styling. $8,700 whose first in line?

J.N.Hephaiss 996 GT3

Nice editing as well.

Old 02-13-2008, 03:51 AM
Adismo is infamous around these parts
music drowns a lot of engine sound. but what can be heard is brilliant

Old 02-13-2008, 05:10 AM
silvershark is infamous around these parts
Thumbs up Exhaust

Originally Posted by Adismo
music drowns a lot of engine sound. but what can be heard is brilliant
2nd the brilliance!

Old 02-13-2008, 05:54 AM
Rob
Rob is a glorious beacon of lightRob is a glorious beacon of lightRob is a glorious beacon of lightRob is a glorious beacon of lightRob is a glorious beacon of light
That does sound awesome.

Old 02-13-2008, 06:35 AM
rr4
rr4 is infamous around these parts
Sounds kind of like the Kreissieg exhaust. They are also made in Japan.
Apparently they are making one for the 997GT3RS.

Old 02-13-2008, 06:53 AM
Banned
GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !
Running the car in a tunnel, come on. That does not impress me. Okay the car has a sound but I'm not knocked over. There were two many special effects used and the music gets in the way.
The reverberation of sound is a good gimmick.
I do not like the body kit. The wing is too busy. It reminds me of the gemballa stuff of the 80's. The wheels do not look like much, boring.
Just one mans 2 cents.

So BTW what does the car have under there?

Cheers,
GT3Ranger

Old 02-13-2008, 07:00 AM
rr4
rr4 is infamous around these parts
check out kreissieg here.
http://www.kreissieg-usa.com

when you here their exhaust for the 996gt3 you'll blow your top.
Hands down best sounding exhaust for the GT3.

Old 02-13-2008, 07:07 AM
SWATDoc has much to be proud ofSWATDoc has much to be proud ofSWATDoc has much to be proud ofSWATDoc has much to be proud ofSWATDoc has much to be proud ofSWATDoc has much to be proud ofSWATDoc has much to be proud ofSWATDoc has much to be proud ofSWATDoc has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by GT3Ranger
Running the car in a tunnel, come on. That does not impress me. Okay the car has a sound but I'm not knocked over. There were two many special effects used and the music gets in the way.
The reverberation of sound is a good gimmick.
I do not like the body kit. The wing is too busy. It reminds me of the gemballa stuff of the 80's. The wheels do not look like much, boring.
Just one mans 2 cents.

So BTW what does the car have under there?

Cheers,
GT3Ranger
I have to agree with Juan. Seems like they are over compensating with the music, if the sound is so great then it should be able to stand alone. Body is too "boy racer" for me, I really doubt that it improves aerodynamics (probably just increases drag).

Just my two senses (pun intended)

Old 02-13-2008, 08:46 AM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
I dont like the front of the car. But I agree, the sound is the best flat 6.

Old 02-13-2008, 08:53 AM
iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !
It does sound great... But who let an axe murderer loose on that body kit?

Old 02-13-2008, 09:03 AM
sechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant future
hey guys, check THIS version of the vid out...I guess they listened to you a bit...and this exhaust sounds ****ING RIDICULOUS! The car also looks FAR, FAR better in this V...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXgcM...eature=related

Old 02-13-2008, 12:08 PM
GT-Tan is infamous around these parts
That's an awesome sound for 996, but I think it could be better without the annoying background music.

Old 02-13-2008, 12:44 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by sechsgang
hey guys, check THIS version of the vid out...I guess they listened to you a bit...and this exhaust sounds ****ING RIDICULOUS! The car also looks FAR, FAR better in this V...

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXgcMHG-LME&feature=related[/media]
Looks good in that video, in the other hideous like I have said 100 x before when people post this video lol! Sounds amazing though!

Old 02-13-2008, 12:49 PM
19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute
I have heard the kreissieg on the same car and it is too flat and mono tone. Still has a somewhat similar note just it’s not all there. Exhaust notes are like fine wines. Everyone has their preference. The J.N. just has the extra flavor to it and the extra bite. The sound changes drastically from idle all the way to rev limiter. It reminds me of a JGTC car more then the boggy sound of a cup car, or the flat consistent note of the RS’s. One thing is for sure, the Japanese know how to make quality, amazing sounding systems.

The body, yeah it I have heard more bad then good on that end of things. I think with a mostly stock body and that exhaust you would have an amazing car. Anyone on the board or anywhere else for that matter actually have their full system?

The scene in the version two video where it over takes the camera car and going around that sweeping bend is just jaw dropping. No effects or fancy editing there, just sound. I could only imagine that overtaking me on the road, I literally wouldn’t have anything to say.

From what I have read, I believe they left the engine stock, as it is a road/track car. Not a drag race hp machine. Most would agree that the 996 doesn’t have anything on a 997 in terms of sound, at least stock. This however I think is a different story. It has the raspyness on downshifts just like the air cooled did. This is probably due in part to the design of the 996 gt3’s engine and what it was based off of. The head light covers are probably the best looking ones I’ve scene on a car. Ill give them that.

Old 02-13-2008, 12:53 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 19000rpm
I have heard the kreissieg on the same car and it is too flat and mono tone. Still has a somewhat similar note just it’s not all there. Exhaust notes are like fine wines. Everyone has their preference. The J.N. just has the extra flavor to it and the extra bite. The sound changes drastically from idle all the way to rev limiter. It reminds me of a JGTC car more then the boggy sound of a cup car, or the flat consistent note of the RS’s. One thing is for sure, the Japanese know how to make quality, amazing sounding systems.

The body, yeah it I have heard more bad then good on that end of things. I think with a mostly stock body and that exhaust you would have an amazing car. Anyone on the board or anywhere else for that matter actually have their full system?

The scene in the version two video where it over takes the camera car and going around that sweeping bend is just jaw dropping. No effects or fancy editing there, just sound. I could only imagine that overtaking me on the road, I literally wouldn’t have anything to say.

From what I have read, I believe they left the engine stock, as it is a road/track car. Not a drag race hp machine. Most would agree that the 996 doesn’t have anything on a 997 in terms of sound, at least stock. This however I think is a different story. It has the raspyness on downshifts just like the air cooled did. This is probably due in part to the design of the 996 gt3’s engine and what it was based off of. The head light covers are probably the best looking ones I’ve scene on a car. Ill give them that.
Your description is SPOT ON, great way to compare and describe the two, I agree! And why I hate most of the 997 GT3 exhaust coming out, they don't have any high pitch tone really and are just loud (like carrera/s with exhaust)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Best flat 6 sounding Porsche EVER!