Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Is it worth buying a GT3 / RS?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-20-2008, 02:23 PM
mixedmac is infamous around these parts
all modern cars are going to depreciate, so buy what you like and be done with it.

Old 02-20-2008, 09:09 PM
RS 197 is infamous around these partsRS 197 is infamous around these parts
I have both and love both. Top 3 for me. 964 RS GT3 and F car...

The F car is not a Porsche... They draw a ton of attention. People take pictures they stare they judge.

The GT3 is in a league of it's own. It is the most amazing car I have ever driven... It is scary fast and feels so good at the limit.

If you are a driver and enjoy a car for what it is capable of, the GT3 is the only choice.

If you want people to look at you and point and make coments, the F car is for you.

As far as depreciation... If you have to ask, you probably can't afford either. You can't take it with you... Who cares...

good luck

Old 02-21-2008, 12:14 AM
kaansahbaz is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Trace
Is it worth buyng at GT3 or GT3 RS? As far as resale value goes.

I was thinking of buying a GT3 rather than a used F360. Drive the GT3 for a year maybe 2 yrs. (at most) and sell it. I know the car will depreciate but what I can't predict is how much?

If I can drive the GT3 for two years (maybe put $20k miles), and take $25k hit from original price I purchased, I'm happy.
this video will make your decision for sure . http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...arch&plindex=0

please watch it

goodluck

kaan

Old 02-21-2008, 10:17 AM
DeAd-EyE is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by 930man
i would love to see the responses of this question on the ferrari board
yeah, but all they prattle on about are things like colour matched luggage, factory options, and intangibles like "passion, soul, and enzo ferrari's favorite wine"

gt3 is for producing laptimes...none of the "intangibles" applies

Old 02-21-2008, 10:41 AM
riverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by RS 197
I have both and love both. Top 3 for me. 964 RS GT3 and F car...

The F car is not a Porsche... They draw a ton of attention. People take pictures they stare they judge.

The GT3 is in a league of it's own. It is the most amazing car I have ever driven... It is scary fast and feels so good at the limit.

If you are a driver and enjoy a car for what it is capable of, the GT3 is the only choice.

If you want people to look at you and point and make coments, the F car is for you.

As far as depreciation... If you have to ask, you probably can't afford either. You can't take it with you... Who cares...

good luck
Good comments. The 360 sounds better, is much more exotic, not as easy to leave parked and certainly draws more attention. Well bought, will depreciate less imo.
The gt3 is an awesome ride, offers newer technology, will be a better track car and also a more practical daily.

If you really want to go the 360 route, a euro car with hi flo cats, exhaust and intake, like my old car, will offer much improved performance and sound, will be cheaper to buy and a better track match for the GT3.

Not a bad choice either way. Pick one, if you dont like it, sell it and get the other!

Old 02-21-2008, 12:35 PM
ZEMDOGG is infamous around these parts
YES! it's worth it : )