Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Advice, powdercoating OEM wheels in SF.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-24-2008, 10:17 PM
Gus F is infamous around these parts
Advice, powdercoating OEM wheels in SF.

Can somebody recommend the best place to have my stock wheels painted from silver to black in South Florida? Also, what squeme do you think will look better from the two presented in the pictures below:
  1. Only the silver strip on the face of the wheel? preferred, or...
  2. Black centers and whole barrel painted silver?
(pictures borrow from cars of others fellows 6 speeders, thanks!).

Attached Images   
Old 02-25-2008, 01:27 AM
Banned
BlackBear has much to be proud ofBlackBear has much to be proud ofBlackBear has much to be proud ofBlackBear has much to be proud ofBlackBear has much to be proud ofBlackBear has much to be proud ofBlackBear has much to be proud ofBlackBear has much to be proud ofBlackBear has much to be proud of
The black car has black wheels as a factory option. It looks cheap with the silver gaps between the spokes.

The yellow car is how it should be done. However, I would make the silver edge only half the width.

Old 02-25-2008, 05:15 AM
Originally Posted by BlackBear
The black car has black wheels as a factory option. It looks cheap with the silver gaps between the spokes.

The yellow car is how it should be done. However, I would make the silver edge only half the width.

I think that the silver stripe looks better.
My car is Black, black wheels will give a more agressive look, but in a black car specially I feel that the stripe is necesary to give some contrast.

Some Idea about the shop to take them to do the paint job?

Old 02-25-2008, 08:57 PM
mr993 is infamous around these parts
Gus see you soon, the wheels will look great! thank you.

Old 02-26-2008, 02:10 AM
ScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond repute
I agree, the silver between the spokes on the barrels look odd and out of place. Do the entire wheels black with silver strip around the outer wheel only. Do you have Red or Yellow accents like seat belts or anything in the car? If so, maybe think about ditching the silver and go with the color of the accents. Black on black car with thin red strip or yellow strip on the wheels would look awesome IMO.

Old 02-26-2008, 01:22 PM
fcar348 has a brilliant futurefcar348 has a brilliant futurefcar348 has a brilliant futurefcar348 has a brilliant futurefcar348 has a brilliant futurefcar348 has a brilliant futurefcar348 has a brilliant futurefcar348 has a brilliant futurefcar348 has a brilliant futurefcar348 has a brilliant futurefcar348 has a brilliant future
i have white car and had stock rims painted black by local body shop for $600 with gt3 script in center painted white. best mod for the $ imo. changes the entire look of car.

ps i dont like contrasting colors on rim edge. maybe if car is also black though

Old 02-26-2008, 02:02 PM
Originally Posted by ScottKelly911
I agree, the silver between the spokes on the barrels look odd and out of place. Do the entire wheels black with silver strip around the outer wheel only. Do you have Red or Yellow accents like seat belts or anything in the car? If so, maybe think about ditching the silver and go with the color of the accents. Black on black car with thin red strip or yellow strip on the wheels would look awesome IMO.
Yes definetly i'll go will all black wheels, I'll leave the contrast stripe for later or maybe i'll first use vinyl or other removable material. My car has the red calipers, so the red stripe can look very good, also I'm planning on doing some Black paint and Carbon in the interior and ordering the red seatbealts and red face gauges for the dashboard as accents.

Also I been told that is better to go with 60% gloss paint finish, since that provides a very tasteful look.

I found this pictures in another thread here on 6speedonline, black on black and red stripe really looks good.

Attached Images