Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

AWE Exhaust + AWE/GIAC software=SEX

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-16-2008, 02:02 AM
luiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud of
AWE Exhaust + AWE/GIAC software=SEX

I just installed AWE exhaust system and AWE/GIAC software and I have to say it is a different car !!
Congrats AWE !
The car sounds like something between a Suzuki GSR750 and a Gallardo or a mix of both really cool.
And talking about the power I can really feel the extra HP,s the engine revs a lot easier,I am really happy HIGHTLY RECOMENDED COMBO.
The quality and fit is very very nice,instalation was super easy and can be done by anyone with some mechanical skills.

Some doughs:

1-How can I make sure I really have the proper AWE/GIAC program downloaded to my ECU ?
2-Can AWE make some test pipes (cat less)?
3-AWE/GIAC software still has a rev limiter if positive at what range?
4-It is worth to spend in race fuel with this combo?

Last edited by luiscarlos; 03-16-2008 at 02:05 AM.
Old 03-16-2008, 10:45 PM
GT3PTY is infamous around these parts
I have their header/exhaust set up......let me tell you something, the work on that piece is very serious! I have been involved in racing for 15 years, developing race engines (not Porsche engines), and I have done serious research on headres, collectors, two-step etc.... and this system it is just fantastic! from right to left, up to dow this is a superb piece of engineering. I can confirm that they did alot of research to come out with this unit! alot of dyno testing! I own a Dyno, and let me tell you guys developing something is expensive and time consuming.... if you guys want something that works good, think of this system. For those who think that it does not look crome or polished, etc... not everything that shines is gold, and no race car has a shinny exhaust...BTW I am just a customer...

Old 03-16-2008, 11:10 PM
luiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud of
I also like that the system is very simple and lightweight,not a shinny fancy setup pure performance I ordered mine with black diamond tips and they look very cool...

Hope someone can answer my questions soon...

Old 03-17-2008, 07:18 AM
SWATDoc has much to be proud ofSWATDoc has much to be proud ofSWATDoc has much to be proud ofSWATDoc has much to be proud ofSWATDoc has much to be proud ofSWATDoc has much to be proud ofSWATDoc has much to be proud ofSWATDoc has much to be proud ofSWATDoc has much to be proud of
I have the same setup (LWFW too), and I couldn't be more impressed. This is the way that it should have come from the factory. The team at A.W.E. is first rate and have helped me time and time again. Just e-mail them and I am sure that they will answer your questions.

Old 03-17-2008, 10:31 PM
Anyone?

Old 03-18-2008, 11:12 AM
Former Vendor
Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by luiscarlos
1-How can I make sure I really have the proper AWE/GIAC program downloaded to my ECU ?
2-Can AWE make some test pipes (cat less)?
3-AWE/GIAC software still has a rev limiter if positive at what range?
4-It is worth to spend in race fuel with this combo?
Luis-

Thanks to you and for all of those that posted. We appreciate the kind words. We are very proud of this system.

1. You have the correct version.
2. No. No dyno tests were done. We do not know if this will lose or make power. We also don't want any issues with customers and check engine lights.
3. Rev limiter - 8500 rpm.
4. I see no need to run race gas.

Old 03-18-2008, 02:46 PM
Banned
Tuner1 is a splendid one to beholdTuner1 is a splendid one to beholdTuner1 is a splendid one to beholdTuner1 is a splendid one to beholdTuner1 is a splendid one to beholdTuner1 is a splendid one to behold
Mike, we are anxious to try the GIAC program on a local 997 GT3 RS with your full exhaust system

Rob

Old 03-18-2008, 10:13 PM
Mike OEM header gaskets have the proper exhaust port size?

Old 03-19-2008, 10:44 AM
Former Vendor
Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by luiscarlos
Mike OEM header gaskets have the proper exhaust port size?
AWESOME QUESTION.

To avoid obstruction, the OEM gasket is a larger diameter then the port.

Old 03-19-2008, 11:20 AM
Thanks for the info the reason why I ask this is because I bought some cooper gaskets and they had the ports smaller than OEM ! so I simply used OEM,s with my AWE exhaust.