Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Luxury Modified Exotics Teaser - 3 GT3RS, PetFrog/SharkWerks/Turtle on the Cover!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-19-2008, 04:34 PM
adybuncio is a jewel in the roughadybuncio is a jewel in the roughadybuncio is a jewel in the rough
cant wait to get mine in the mail

Old 03-19-2008, 04:37 PM
SWATDoc has much to be proud ofSWATDoc has much to be proud ofSWATDoc has much to be proud ofSWATDoc has much to be proud ofSWATDoc has much to be proud ofSWATDoc has much to be proud ofSWATDoc has much to be proud ofSWATDoc has much to be proud ofSWATDoc has much to be proud of
Congrats to all!

Old 03-19-2008, 04:38 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
It'll be interesting to see what you guys think because NOBODY would be silly enough to mod an RS, right?

Old 03-19-2008, 05:45 PM
twintiger32 is infamous around these parts
i'm waiting to subscribe, as i'm moving in June...looks like i'll have to pick up yet another copy at the bookstore.

congrats!

Old 03-19-2008, 06:05 PM
Gary in BR is infamous around these parts
This looks like a great read, I can not wait to get mine.

Thanks for the heads up.

Old 03-19-2008, 06:26 PM
gomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant future
daaaamnn looking mean on the cover. so sick!

Old 03-19-2008, 06:28 PM
spyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to behold
Congrats, fellas! Awesome pic for the cover! Can't wait to see the rest

Old 03-19-2008, 06:59 PM
Noble M500 is infamous around these parts
I am anxious to see the spread!

Old 03-19-2008, 07:19 PM
snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !
Let me see.........................................Who would have big enough ***** to take a brand spank'n new GT3RS and start taking the engine apart to mod it??? ........................I think I got it!!!!

Old 03-19-2008, 07:35 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by snowboarder54
Let me see.........................................Who would have big enough ***** to take a brand spank'n new GT3RS and start taking the engine apart to mod it??? ........................I think I got it!!!!
James did it and I just cried. And cried... and then it was done and tuned/dynod at EVO and I was happy again
UPDATE: Gotten a few Emails on the 3.8 stuff, yes we will release the full kit and I'll have a full write up on the guts of the motor etc.. but only after the folks at MLE have their play with it. The results were encouraging for sure (displacement is a wonderful thing as they said) on 91 and 93 octane. It was/is a fun project and the plan is to do 3 local cars first (we've got about 5K on Kermit as of now) as well as EVO doing two out in AZ and then go live. We tried everything we could to get power out of this car and honestly it's very tough indeed with bolt-ons to get anything. We tried several differnt configurations with after-market headers/cats but the stock headers really are a cut above the rest and in some cases we lost power on the dyno while tuning. Let's face it NA-tuning is a lot harder than the TT side. With a TT it's not really that hard to make power by designing an exhaust set up that's more free-flowing, has less back-pressure etc... You'll get quicker spool/more boost and hence more power. Borrowing on our experience building TT motors (especially 3.8s) we felt the best way to eke out real hp and torque was with motor-work.

Last edited by sharkster; 03-19-2008 at 10:00 PM.
Old 03-19-2008, 07:54 PM
snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by sharkster
James did it and I just cried. And cried... and then it was done and tuned/dynod at EVO and I was happy again

Guys there's been a lot of questions on the 3.8 stuff, yes we will release the full kit and I'll have a full write up on the guts of the motor etc but only after the folks at MLE have their play with it The results were good for sure.... 91 and 93 octane. EVO/we're still doing 100...
"The results were good for sure" Now that's an understatement if ever there was one!!! I thrashed the little Kermit shortly after the conversion and it was F%#k'n sweeeeet. When I get mine my tire life is going to cut in half, and I am already on my tire guy's Christmas card list!!!

Old 03-19-2008, 07:59 PM
jenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant future
i will be sure to pick up my issue

Old 03-19-2008, 08:21 PM
///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold
That's exciting guys. Congrats on the new fame.

Old 03-19-2008, 08:31 PM
Originally Posted by snowboarder54
"The results were good for sure" Now that's an understatement if ever there was one!!! I thrashed the little Kermit shortly after the conversion and it was F%#k'n sweeeeet. When I get mine my tire life is going to cut in half, and I am already on my tire guy's Christmas card list!!!
Hey Snowboarder (sent you a copy hope you get it Friday latest), so glad you liked it. Honestly, we were extra-keen on having a seasoned Porsche-vet like you get your hands on it. It was fun seeing your reaction the first time you hammered it that's for sure

As for the tires, that's actually a scary thought. No way you could burn through the rubber in 1000miles?

Old 03-19-2008, 09:13 PM
ThisFlyGuy is a jewel in the roughThisFlyGuy is a jewel in the roughThisFlyGuy is a jewel in the roughThisFlyGuy is a jewel in the rough
congrats guys! i'm buying an issue when it comes out for sure.......

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Luxury Modified Exotics Teaser - 3 GT3RS, PetFrog/SharkWerks/Turtle on the Cover!