Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

father & son outing in the gt3

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-20-2008, 10:49 AM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by speedoflight
Last Monday I took the day off and one of the plans was to take my son out for a leisurely ride around the bay area backroads in the 3.
here he is all strapped in and excited. Ready to go.

then not 15mins later, he goes to...

oh well... we'll save it for another day.
That's cute! And see... "No resonance"

Old 03-20-2008, 12:26 PM
speedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by bpgt3
Is it legal to have the kids in the front seat? Did you turn off the passenger airbag?

Been trying to get the kids for a ride for a while. The boss refuses to let me, says its illegal. I'm in CT. Who knows.

Probably just need to put my foot down.
i had the same concern as you. it's perfectly legal for front-facing seats, at least in ca. not sure about rear-facing. the 7gt3 has the airbag sensor up front. anything under 60lbs, the airbag is automatically switched off. you can see it on the 1st pic where the airbag light is lit on the center console. porsche also sells a latch system which includes bar and a key switch to manually turn off the passenger airbag but i didn't see the need for it since the sensor is there. the latch system will secure the seat tight but you can also get similar results with the seat belts. just move the seat way back, do a quick snap on the belt so that it locks, then move the seat forward until it's tight enough to secure the seat. good luck with the boss.

Old 03-20-2008, 12:28 PM
speedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by mountainC4
What car seat are you using that fits the 3 seat?
Thanks.
i think mooty is using recaro start booster child seat. you can source it here: http://www.recarochildseats.com/

Old 03-20-2008, 12:37 PM
Originally Posted by sharkster
That's cute! And see... "No resonance"
the stock muffler that came off resonated ~4krpm. with your bypass pipe, nada!

Old 03-20-2008, 01:34 PM
///M3Augy is infamous around these parts
Haha That's neat.

Old 03-20-2008, 02:16 PM
ee996tt is infamous around these parts
Love the race seat!

Old 03-20-2008, 03:08 PM
robertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud of
My kids love to drive in the P-car. I have them sit in the back and they fit very well back there.

Old 03-20-2008, 06:04 PM
gomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by robertp
My kids love to drive in the P-car. I have them sit in the back and they fit very well back there.
Likewise...my kids love the Porsche!

Old 03-20-2008, 06:08 PM
HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !
did the same thing with my neice in a C5 vette vert............she was screaming having so much fun.......then was knocked out

Old 03-20-2008, 06:41 PM
Daytonaviolet is infamous around these parts
time to get some headers with no cats to keep the little guy awake

Old 03-20-2008, 06:47 PM
SMRR is infamous around these parts
nice car, and kid.

Old 03-21-2008, 10:22 AM
ThirSTi is infamous around these parts
What a cute kid! That's gotta be a blast for him. So does he shift for you with his foot? :-P

Old 03-21-2008, 03:12 PM
unique has much to be proud ofunique has much to be proud ofunique has much to be proud ofunique has much to be proud ofunique has much to be proud ofunique has much to be proud ofunique has much to be proud ofunique has much to be proud ofunique has much to be proud ofunique has much to be proud of
its good to see a proud father...

congrads to that and not the car...

the car is not as much of an accomplishment

Old 03-21-2008, 03:16 PM
LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !
My dad and I used to do the same and 32 years later we still do it.

Old 03-21-2008, 06:27 PM
1800trixter is infamous around these parts
twenty-two years later...

the more things change, the more they stay the same...

Attached Images  

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: father & son outing in the gt3