Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

996 GT3 before & after

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-25-2008, 09:52 AM
PJS
PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !
I had to take the car back in for Speedware to attend to a few items that there was not time to address prior to my track day (upholstery, headlight film, etc) and when I get it back in a week or two, I will post interior shots.

You can see how the profi xl seats fit in, custom cage, and the perfect 996 Cup steering wheel.

Thanks for all of the kind words everyone.

Old 03-25-2008, 03:59 PM
fcar348 has a brilliant futurefcar348 has a brilliant futurefcar348 has a brilliant futurefcar348 has a brilliant futurefcar348 has a brilliant futurefcar348 has a brilliant futurefcar348 has a brilliant futurefcar348 has a brilliant futurefcar348 has a brilliant futurefcar348 has a brilliant futurefcar348 has a brilliant future
beautiful. need new quad exhaust tips next

Old 03-25-2008, 04:33 PM
PJS
PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !
maybe exhaust next year!

Old 03-25-2008, 04:35 PM
MiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant future
This year.

Old 03-25-2008, 05:18 PM
PJS
Originally Posted by MiniDHinkle
This year.
custom exhaust under discussion right now...
not sure about it

what exhaust do you reccomend?

I know Luis had Milltek and liked it.
People rave about the Europipe ($$$)

What else besides bypass pipes are going on 996 GT3s?

Old 03-25-2008, 05:22 PM
MiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant future
Um, i recommend 996 GT3 Cup Car exhaust, home slice.

Old 05-30-2008, 05:16 PM
loki_ut is infamous around these parts
PJ,
I finally had a chance to talk to Kelly at Speedware. It looks like I may being doing a similar install to yours. So, now that you have had the seats for a while, how are they working out? How's the head room, sliders, mounts for harness? Did you ever get a chance to snap some pictures of the interior?

Thanks for any input. I live down in South Florida and Kelly would basically have to pre-assemble the seats with mounting hardware.

Matt

Old 05-30-2008, 05:33 PM
PJS
Originally Posted by loki_ut
PJ,
I finally had a chance to talk to Kelly at Speedware. It looks like I may being doing a similar install to yours. So, now that you have had the seats for a while, how are they working out? How's the head room, sliders, mounts for harness? Did you ever get a chance to snap some pictures of the interior?

Thanks for any input. I live down in South Florida and Kelly would basically have to pre-assemble the seats with mounting hardware.

Matt
CRAP Matt!

I forgot to take pics for you... my bad.

My car is at Speedware as we speak or I would take them tonight and post them...

Seats are working out beautifully... Head room without helmet and with seat cushions is fine and dandy...

If I add helmet to the mix, then I take out the bottom seat cushions and no problems at all.

Sliders are fine... I do not really mess with them that much as I have a quick release steering wheel which makes ingressing and egressing my fat *** a lot easier

We tried side mounts and they would not work for me... so this was the only alternative.... and thankfully it works perfectly.

Speedware made a custom bolt in bar for me which I think is the bees knees... mounts to lower seat belt location, rear seat belt location and the shock towers...

I honestly could not be happier with the set up. I recenly had my horn rewired to a blank switch on the dash -- I lost it when I put the QR steering wheel on. I got my airbag light mess sorted out so no more airbag light and computer beeping when I start the car etc...

I should have the car back next week -- if you do not see any pics posted just prod me via PM and I will get them going....

I have a potential track day on the 5th and I will take my camera to the track and get some pics.

Consider the QR steering wheel -- smaller diameter than stock etc... I did 996 cup wheel from Gert at Carnewal... but there are cheaper options that are identical... they just do not say Porsche on them...

Kelly can hook you up on that too if you are interested.

don't be bashful about bugging me for pics -- I should have the car back no later than the 5th of June.

Old 05-31-2008, 12:55 AM
Banned
Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !
After is a lot better

Old 05-31-2008, 06:12 AM
03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold
Please take a pic of the steering wheel when you can.

Old 05-31-2008, 09:05 AM
mxdave74 is infamous around these parts
Nice!...

Old 05-31-2008, 11:03 AM
D-UberCars has much to be proud ofD-UberCars has much to be proud ofD-UberCars has much to be proud ofD-UberCars has much to be proud ofD-UberCars has much to be proud ofD-UberCars has much to be proud ofD-UberCars has much to be proud ofD-UberCars has much to be proud ofD-UberCars has much to be proud of
I have seen this car from day 1 (or 2) with the before to current after. Was cool and unique before but now, the evolution continues. Rides real nice w/new suspension on the street too. Not bad for a guy who wasn't planning on modding. That too has evolved to "Safety Mods" only??
How's that going to sound, "Wifey, I need a custom exhaust to make sure that I am able to safely get away from the turbos at the track".

Old 05-31-2008, 11:11 PM
PJS
Originally Posted by D-UberCars
I have seen this car from day 1 (or 2) with the before to current after. Was cool and unique before but now, the evolution continues. Rides real nice w/new suspension on the street too. Not bad for a guy who wasn't planning on modding. That too has evolved to "Safety Mods" only??
How's that going to sound, "Wifey, I need a custom exhaust to make sure that I am able to safely get away from the turbos at the track".
duber you are the man... BTW... I already get away from the Turbos (when it is dry)!

guys I will have the car back later this week and get some pics put together of the "final" product... inlcuding the steering wheel... stealth install of the SRX is pretty cool, and the seats etc...

Thanks for all the kind words.

Old 06-01-2008, 11:12 PM
Brucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to all
PJ I am glad that I could be a good influence to you since I have met you haha..

your car has come along so damn nice!! I love it

Exhaust I would say would be Superpsrint..Sebring...or ummmm...custom Maybe you see what I do next and decide from there

Old 06-02-2008, 01:36 AM
drivhrd is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by PJS
custom exhaust under discussion right now...
not sure about it

what exhaust do you reccomend?

I know Luis had Milltek and liked it.
People rave about the Europipe ($$$)

What else besides bypass pipes are going on 996 GT3s?
You should consider the Cargraphic exhaust. I have the mufflers on my 996GT3, and absolutely love them. If you want to hear what they sound like at full song, check out this video (my car appears at about 1:34) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWsqwx0mOfg Turn up the volume.

Last edited by drivhrd; 06-02-2008 at 01:40 AM. Reason: add a link to video clip of exhaust

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 996 GT3 before & after