Rate Thread

Old 06-06-2008, 10:34 PM
SFGT3 is infamous around these parts
very nice

Old 06-09-2008, 12:11 PM
christianferrar is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by PJS
and where are my manners????

thank you for the kind words and welcome to 6speed!
Thank you, i am enjoying this board. A little drama here and there with some great folks and cars.

Yes, dymags are expensive, but 20whp is a big gain once you have done other mods.

I understand the kid and wife thing. I have avoided that so far (at least as far as i know ), but having girl-friends seems more expensive then a wife could! lol

Last edited by christianferrar; 06-20-2008 at 11:16 AM.
Old 06-09-2008, 12:20 PM
PJS
PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by christianferrar
but having girl-friends seems more expensive then a wife could! lol

I noticed you said girl friends (plural), that very much could be the case if you are working a few at a time...

Old 06-09-2008, 12:30 PM
yes, I am a man of obsession sadly. lol

Old 06-09-2008, 02:25 PM
boca996tt is just really niceboca996tt is just really niceboca996tt is just really niceboca996tt is just really nice
I think it looked better with the silver wheels... sorry

Old 06-09-2008, 07:30 PM
PJS
PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by boca996tt
I think it looked better with the silver wheels... sorry
i go back and forth myself... sometimes I like the look of the stockers better as well.

I can tell you this... the Fikses... you can feel a difference at the track.

I used to, until today, run my cups on the stockers and PS2s on the Fikses... now as the car is seeing more track than street time, I have moved the cup tires to the Fikses...

Old 06-09-2008, 07:34 PM
PJS
Originally Posted by christianferrar
yes, I am a man of obsession sadly. lol
nice

I hear you.

Old 06-17-2008, 07:43 PM
i am so back and forth on the black/dark/color matched wheels too.

I am about to do a white Benz with white wheels, and I am really not sure either.

I think the most important thing is to do what you like. We can always change it, it is just money, right? lol

Old 06-18-2008, 10:46 AM
neilwight is infamous around these parts
that looks great and a ton of fun. im unsure about the wheels also but hey thats what makes this all fun.
im glad you are getting alot of enjoyment out of it. it seems many forget this aspect.

Old 06-18-2008, 12:09 PM
PJS
I am not a fan of color matched wheels or color matched lips etc... except all black wheels on a black car... that is okay.

I like the all black look on any color car, and it is less cleaning etc.

To me the all black looks the business

I think color matched wheels and lips are for lambo gallardo sypders with "kickin systems" etc... you know what I am talking about... that is not what I am after...

But you guys are right -- to each their own -- keeps it interesting...

Old 06-18-2008, 06:24 PM
c2mojo is infamous around these parts
awesome ride, you've put together a real nice ride

I noted that you take the cushion out for track events. I also am tall and run a spg xl but got the bk auto adjustable sidemounts and can run with a helmet no problem.

An idea if you need some comfort

How is the suspension holding up

Old 06-18-2008, 08:36 PM
PJS
Originally Posted by c2mojo
awesome ride, you've put together a real nice ride

I noted that you take the cushion out for track events. I also am tall and run a spg xl but got the bk auto adjustable sidemounts and can run with a helmet no problem.

An idea if you need some comfort

How is the suspension holding up
I am really liking the KWv3s... I have nothing to compare them to other than stock but they are a huge improvement.

I got a TRG newsletter and they are having a JRZ sale ..... I will be there someday... but I am totally happy right now suspension-wise...

Now exhaust-wise... I see a custom on the horizon... and I have a 4.0 r&p waiting for installation...

Seats... we tried all sorts of side mounts... and just could not get them to work for my body... thanks for the tip. I am not sure if we tried the BK ones, I will have to check those out.

I am slowly molding the car to meet my needs... and I have thought that "what if I put the money into a stock 997-3 instead of modding this" but where I am at in life... i have to stick to the 996-3 for a long while... so I am slowly making it into what I want... I picked up the car while my wife was pregnant with our first... now that the baby is here... my "wild spending" has a leash... now I can tug at the leash a little bit here and there, but a 997-3 would equal hanging myself with it...

I am totally happy... but I keep waiting for the dollar to bounce back, my warranty to expire, and a Manthey 440 sale to take place!

Old 06-19-2008, 11:12 AM
Brucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to all
PJ i am so happy for you with your car! I know you love it and it is setup great!

I can't wait to get mine back on the road in a few weeks so we can hit the track again together.

Old 06-19-2008, 11:44 AM
PJS
Originally Posted by Brucem
PJ i am so happy for you with your car! I know you love it and it is setup great!

I can't wait to get mine back on the road in a few weeks so we can hit the track again together.
yeah yeah yeah... hurry up already

I cannot wait to see your completed car Bruce!

Old 06-19-2008, 11:53 AM
Just a boxster?
JP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond repute
Yep and I am having a new motor built with some real power. Thanks to PJ I may be hooked up with the right guy finally. I can tell you now he knows more about these motors then anyone I have spoken with yet.

Last edited by JP-S-St.Louis; 06-19-2008 at 12:04 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 996 GT3 before & after