Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

996 GT3 before & after

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-24-2008, 11:41 AM
PJS
PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !
996 GT3 before & after

before

AFTER

Thanks to my friend Daryl (Fikse wheels), Bill at Rennworx (Manthey CF Bits), and Speedware (custom roll bar, susp, seats, harnesses, installation, etc)

Old 03-24-2008, 12:00 PM
///M3Augy is infamous around these parts
That is quite possibly my dream car. So nice!

Old 03-24-2008, 12:48 PM
Former Vendor
AutoTalent2 is a name known to allAutoTalent2 is a name known to allAutoTalent2 is a name known to allAutoTalent2 is a name known to allAutoTalent2 is a name known to allAutoTalent2 is a name known to all
Looks great! Love the setup!!!

Old 03-24-2008, 12:55 PM
03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold
Very nice! Did you change your steering wheel as well?

Old 03-24-2008, 01:02 PM
LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !
Perfect!

Old 03-24-2008, 01:34 PM
c2mojo is infamous around these parts
Tell me Tell me, how are the KW's and other bits working out for you? Detail response please!

Old 03-24-2008, 03:06 PM
MiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant future
PJPJPJPJPJPJPJPP. Sweet. Flat out trade RSA-GT3. K THX BAI.

SWEEEEEEEEEET.

Old 03-24-2008, 03:18 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
That's what I'm talkin about!!!!!!!!

Great job, nice pics!!!!!!

Old 03-24-2008, 03:21 PM
OldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond repute
PJ Sweet RS tail!! Sweet wheels!! beautiful color!!!

NICE!!!

Old 03-24-2008, 03:25 PM
Itzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond repute
very nice, cool color

Old 03-24-2008, 03:47 PM
PJS
PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !
Thanks everybody!

I did change out the steering wheel as well... it is a 996 cup wheel on a quick disconnect...

KWs... SO I went KWv3 with all the TRG suspension bits that Kevin (at TRG - owner?) reccomended to my guy (toe links, control arms, sway bar links, monoball tops etc). The Kws are pre set at the factory when ordered by model and I thought/think they were/are a great street/track compromise. The rears may need more damping, but I was going to play with sway bar settings first as in a perfect world, I could just adjust the sways for track and then back to street settings... we will see how that works out.

I have nothing to compare it to other than stock... so while I know motons are the cats ***... I have not driven/ridden motons... so take that into account when you are reading this.

I did pick up a friend of mine who has motons and he said that mine felt more compliant, less jarring, on city streets... but I think so much of that depends on individual set up etc... So while the two are easily compared... I would say that comparing them from one car set up for one person to another car set up for another person... will not provide that accurate of a comparison... I think you know what I mean.

What did I notice? Higher corner speed all the way thru -- entry, exit and during... I have no timing device so I cannot say "I was X amount of seconds faster per lap".
I am also sure that some of it has to do with my comfort in the car... full blown race seats as oppsoed to stock sport seats, harnesses, susp bits, the steering wheel even... all make driving the car much more enjoyable on the track.

So were the KWs worth it? I think so... car feels tight and firm (i can hear the jokes coming a mile away) but not jarring in any section of our bumpy NW track. The steet ride is also pretty good... although I am paying much closer attention as the car has been lowered and is now sporting a CF splitter that I want to keep on the car!!!

I am taking it back to the shop today to have a follow up look at everything and take care of a few more items.

Thanks for the kind words... I am pretty excited about it all.

One of my employees said that the before pictures look "all nice and sweet and innocent, like the birds are chirping in the background" and the after pics are "like speedmetal at 11 and I am tied up and blindfolded" -- I think he was just doing a little brown-nosing...

Last edited by PJS; 03-24-2008 at 03:54 PM.
Old 03-24-2008, 04:07 PM
GT-Tan is infamous around these parts
The black wheels really compliment the color.

Old 03-24-2008, 04:09 PM
alzilla300 Is a GOD !alzilla300 Is a GOD !alzilla300 Is a GOD !alzilla300 Is a GOD !alzilla300 Is a GOD !alzilla300 Is a GOD !alzilla300 Is a GOD !alzilla300 Is a GOD !alzilla300 Is a GOD !alzilla300 Is a GOD !alzilla300 Is a GOD !
That looks so hot! Just fantastic! Do you have the euro-spec GT3 seats as well?

Old 03-24-2008, 04:17 PM
JWGT2 is infamous around these partsJWGT2 is infamous around these parts
PJS:
Nicely done! The black wheels are the perfect complement. Great to see you enjoying your 6gt3 where it belongs!!

--James

Old 03-24-2008, 04:21 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
What a machine!!! Congrats again, I just ordered all of the components I asked you about (F/R toe links, RSR uprights, A-arms, dog bone kit)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 996 GT3 before & after