Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

view chrono through pcm?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-28-2008, 05:09 PM
bsavino is a jewel in the roughbsavino is a jewel in the roughbsavino is a jewel in the roughbsavino is a jewel in the rough
view chrono through pcm?

just put in a pcm, can you view and operate the chrono through the pcm? if so how?/

Old 03-30-2008, 11:54 AM
C4SSS is infamous around these parts
Hey bsavino.. I have a thread running for the same issue. My car has the chrono but no PCM.. So I'm planning to put in a PCM... But I'm curious to know if the chorno connection will work on the PCM.

Where did u get it installed? Why didn't u ask the installer whether there's a speicial connection for the chrono? How much did it cost you?

Old 03-30-2008, 02:53 PM
bsavino is a jewel in the roughbsavino is a jewel in the roughbsavino is a jewel in the roughbsavino is a jewel in the rough
i installed it myself, bought the pcm and nav kit from someone on ebay was a pain to get it installed at first but after i spoke to the porsche tech guy he walked me through it, only issue i have now is that the nav software was not the correct version, that should be coming tomorrow. but im still not sure if chrono through the pcm is possible....

Old 03-30-2008, 03:12 PM
C4SSS is infamous around these parts
That sucks... Anyway please let me know if you do end up figuring it out. I don't think I'll buy the PCM if i can't use the chrono on it.
Keep me posted... Thanks

Old 03-30-2008, 03:17 PM
i actually bought it to play an ipod an control it via the pcm with the menu no the screen with a dension gateway, works well you can also hook up xm radio. as a bonus i bought the nav hopefully w the new sortware it will work well, was actually fun hooking it all up esp when it actaully worked, its sounds much better than the cdr24 radio that it came with, im already ahead of the game...

Old 03-30-2008, 08:51 PM
Daytonaviolet is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by bsavino
i actually bought it to play an ipod an control it via the pcm with the menu no the screen with a dension gateway, works well you can also hook up xm radio. as a bonus i bought the nav hopefully w the new sortware it will work well, was actually fun hooking it all up esp when it actaully worked, its sounds much better than the cdr24 radio that it came with, im already ahead of the game...
so did the dealer have to program something to get your navi to work?

Old 03-30-2008, 08:58 PM
no i needed to get the proper version of the nav software...its ordered should be here tomorrow...

Old 03-30-2008, 11:19 PM
speedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud of
you operate the chrono thru the left lever behind your steering wheel. (see manual).

on the pcm, trip->start_trip. this will log your lap times for every number of times you press the lever behind the steering wheel for new laps. once your done recording, click evaluate or save it for later. you get a bar chart of each lap. see attached photo of a log while i toyed around with it during my commute. sorry crappy pic from phone.

i tried to use it at the track. it is impossible to use it with accuracy. imo, if your buying the pcm for chrono logs, you're buying it for the wrong reason.

Attached Images  
Old 03-31-2008, 08:49 AM
ill give it a try, actually i have a hotlap timer setup for the track, just wanted to know if i could do more with this pcm thing. thanks .