Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

CGT is the best all around car I own ...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-03-2008, 12:27 AM
Tipo815 is infamous around these partsTipo815 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by SmoothCab
Jas, Ricky, Jaber and Matt Nunez who has not one but two CGT's... Man that is living it to the fullest!!
Yes .. there are a few of us with very similar tastes! On a sidenote last I heard Matt does not have the CGTs anymore.

Old 04-03-2008, 12:36 AM
I just noticed a couple of other interesting similarities. Those of us with SUVs in our collection all have cool SUVs. No Tahoes or Yukons.

I have a supercharged Range Rover Sport, there is another Range Rover, a Cayenne, and a Audi Q7. Two of us have Murcies. A few GT3s. I guess my CLS63 is a loner in the sedan class. Certainly interesting choices ...

One thing I might add ... and perhaps "dealmaker" will chime in on this one. I love my Murcielago also. Again ... my Tifosi friends will be up in arms. If some of you saw the show "Supercars Exposed" on SPEEDTV with the gray Murcie and the Lowriders ... that was me. Believe it or not ... the Murcie probably gets as much attention as the F40 on the road. It's just a cool car!

Attached Images  
Old 04-03-2008, 02:59 AM
Kinesis 996 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Tipo815
I just noticed a couple of other interesting similarities. Those of us with SUVs in our collection all have cool SUVs. No Tahoes or Yukons.

I have a supercharged Range Rover Sport, there is another Range Rover, a Cayenne, and a Audi Q7. Two of us have Murcies. A few GT3s. I guess my CLS63 is a loner in the sedan class. Certainly interesting choices ...

One thing I might add ... and perhaps "dealmaker" will chime in on this one. I love my Murcielago also. Again ... my Tifosi friends will be up in arms. If some of you saw the show "Supercars Exposed" on SPEEDTV with the gray Murcie and the Lowriders ... that was me. Believe it or not ... the Murcie probably gets as much attention as the F40 on the road. It's just a cool car!
Any chance of a LP 640?

Old 04-03-2008, 08:30 AM
DM1
DM1 has a reputation beyond reputeDM1 has a reputation beyond reputeDM1 has a reputation beyond reputeDM1 has a reputation beyond reputeDM1 has a reputation beyond reputeDM1 has a reputation beyond reputeDM1 has a reputation beyond reputeDM1 has a reputation beyond reputeDM1 has a reputation beyond reputeDM1 has a reputation beyond reputeDM1 has a reputation beyond repute

Tipo

I saw the show and enjoyed it very much. Nice to put a face with a name. I enjoyed my Murci Roadster very much but I let it go when I got the F40. When I get another Murci it will for sure be a coupe. I hated the top on the roadster.

Attached Images   
Old 04-03-2008, 09:57 AM
Kuzi is a splendid one to beholdKuzi is a splendid one to beholdKuzi is a splendid one to beholdKuzi is a splendid one to beholdKuzi is a splendid one to beholdKuzi is a splendid one to behold
My F40 just came out of Ferrari of OC after having been there for six weeks for a major. Not sure who is doing yours but it wasn't $20k for my major. Came our around $15k.
I'm having a "few" other things addressed while its in there. New tires.....it came with 18 yr old Goodyears on them .........a bad cat..........a bad passenger side seat belt system............and finally Tubi LM pipes installed . Final bill will be pushing 25k.

Old 04-03-2008, 10:29 AM
Bill S has a spectacular aura aboutBill S has a spectacular aura about
To the F40 owners: Does the CGT accelerate faster than the F40?

Old 04-03-2008, 11:45 AM
Originally Posted by Kinesis 996
Any chance of a LP 640?
Possibility. I didn't know if I'd like the Murcie or not and now that I know I love it ... I might make the move at some point in the future. For now though - I love the way I set up my car so I'm in no hurry.

Originally Posted by DM1
Tipo

I saw the show and enjoyed it very much. Nice to put a face with a name. I enjoyed my Murci Roadster very much but I let it go when I got the F40. When I get another Murci it will for sure be a coupe. I hated the top on the roadster.
I'm with you. I don't like the roadster either. I know alot of people love it but I would take a coupe any day over the roadster.

Originally Posted by Kuzi
I'm having a "few" other things addressed while its in there. New tires.....it came with 18 yr old Goodyears on them .........a bad cat..........a bad passenger side seat belt system............and finally Tubi LM pipes installed . Final bill will be pushing 25k.
Aaahh. Got it. I was going to say ... over $20k for a major service?? Your dealer was not being nice to you! I have straight pipes and the Tubi muffler on my F40. Others have left the cats on and gone with the Tubi straight pipes. Upside of the straight pipes and Tubi muffler is a better sound since the exhaust is running through tuned cans. Downside - slightly more smog and gases since there are no cats to trap them.

Originally Posted by Bill S
To the F40 owners: Does the CGT accelerate faster than the F40?
I've been asked this question alot. The CGT feels faster because of the massive linear torque band. You stomp on the gas pedal and all hell breaks loose instantly. It's a race car for the street ... plain and simple.

On the flip side - the F40 has some turbo lag which was prevalent in cars from that era. Some of you may have owned older 911 Turbos from the late 80s and you can remember the turbo lag and then sudden explosion of power (fun ... but a handful if you were trying to calculate your passing maneuver!) Anyway, imagine that explosion times two (or three). The F40 has some lag and then all hell breaks loose with wooshing noises from the blow off valve. It feels like you've been shot out of a cannon.

I would say the two cars are close in acceleration but I'd have to give the nod to the CGT. By the time the turbos kick in the CGT would have pulled out quite a few car lengths (assuming your tires were warm and you weren't experiencing massive wheel spin!).

I did race a LP640 in my F40 from about 30 to 120 and LP was right next to me the whole time. Neither of us had a real advantage. Another factor might have been the E-gear versus manual trans factor which might have cost me a little time.

Old 04-03-2008, 11:58 AM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
I love all of you guy's, CS's, F40's, CGT's, GT3/RS's, Ricky with his GT2 mmmmm... My ideal garages and car choices as well, some day

Tipo thanks for the writeup!

Old 04-03-2008, 01:24 PM
95RogueM3 has much to be proud of95RogueM3 has much to be proud of95RogueM3 has much to be proud of95RogueM3 has much to be proud of95RogueM3 has much to be proud of95RogueM3 has much to be proud of95RogueM3 has much to be proud of95RogueM3 has much to be proud of95RogueM3 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by iLLM3
I love all of you guy's, CS's, F40's, CGT's, GT3/RS's, Ricky with his GT2 mmmmm... My ideal garages and car choices as well, some day
I was thinking the same thing as I scanned through the car lists. Awe-inspiring to say the least.

Tipo, your descriptions are great and perfectly detailed.

Old 04-03-2008, 02:00 PM
dealmaker is infamous around these parts

Tipo,

You are right - lamborghini's are just "special" - i have always loved them and always will - it's always only ever been about Porsche's and Lamborghini's for me - since I was 6 years old! Ferrari's were what the "other" kids liked - the one's I liked to convince myself who didnt really know much about cars - just thought they did! Whereas only TRUE afficionados knew about Lamborghini's!!

I'm on my 4th Lamborghini (Two Diablo SV's - one Diablo SE30 and one Murcie) - and my current Murcie isn't going anywhere - albeit I do have a Murcie SL/SV on order and a 2010 Murcie "repalcement" as well.

The CGT is very different to the Murcie - and I cant see my self replacing it...........ever!

Name:  DSC00198.JPG
Views: 197
Size:  153.0 KB

Old 04-03-2008, 03:09 PM
minira is infamous around these parts
Man I wish one day I can talk about my garage like you guys can. I saw the episode on supercars exposed, loved the car! how were the lowriders in person?

Old 04-03-2008, 09:20 PM
Phoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant future
Tipo,

I saw the Supercars Exposed show with your Murcie in it. I had no idea it was yours! I was marveling and mentioning to a family member how fabulous the Murcie looks with those wheels! Great to hear it was you.

Old 04-03-2008, 10:35 PM
th3Stig is a glorious beacon of lightth3Stig is a glorious beacon of lightth3Stig is a glorious beacon of lightth3Stig is a glorious beacon of lightth3Stig is a glorious beacon of light
Wow. Plain and simple... wow. For those who own the F40s and CGTs, get yourselves a great SUV... a G55, like another on the board. I don't mean to insult, but you seem to appreciate the truly incredible vehicles around and the Gwagens are awe-inspiring... at least in my opinion.

I haven't ever driven the likes of hyper-exotics, but I've driven nearly EVERYTHING else. As far as the SUVs go though, the Gwagens get as many looks as the supercars, and are about as fast. Plus, when you want to look like this fella' -> just step on the AMGs "go" pedal and its *****in'.

Old 04-03-2008, 11:08 PM
Kuzi is a splendid one to beholdKuzi is a splendid one to beholdKuzi is a splendid one to beholdKuzi is a splendid one to beholdKuzi is a splendid one to beholdKuzi is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by th3Stig
Wow. Plain and simple... wow. For those who own the F40s and CGTs, get yourselves a great SUV... a G55, like another on the board. I don't mean to insult, but you seem to appreciate the truly incredible vehicles around and the Gwagens are awe-inspiring... at least in my opinion.

I haven't ever driven the likes of hyper-exotics, but I've driven nearly EVERYTHING else. As far as the SUVs go though, the Gwagens get as many looks as the supercars, and are about as fast. Plus, when you want to look like this fella' -> just step on the AMGs "go" pedal and its *****in'.
The G55 is truely an exceptional SUV. Its not for everyone, but for an "unique" ride with hauling abilities..........you can't beat it.

Old 04-04-2008, 08:10 AM
bbs993tt is infamous around these parts
My Tifosi friends will be up in arms! The raging bull diehards will scream foul play!

In all seriousness - it is the best all around car I've ever owned/driven. Better than a F40??? Overall? Yes. For pure rawness? No. But if you had to choose one to drive to Vegas or around town - the CGT hands down. It has the comfort, style, presence, and performance all wrapped up in a single awesome package. It doesn't get any better than that!

For those who have questioned its handling ... yes ... it's a handful. It demands respect. It cannot be driven at the limit by anyone less than a very skilled driver (which is why I haven't driven it at the limit).

If I had one complaint it would have to be the "anticipated" cost of a new clutch. It's not a matter of IF as much as it is a matter of when. Since I plan to own the car indefinitely I would suspect that somewhere along my ownership timeline I will have to pony up $20,000+ for a clutch. Couldn't Porsche have used something a little less costly??
While I don't have the diversity in my garage that most of you have, I must agree about the all around greatness of the CGT. You mention the comfort, style, presence and performance......don't forget the noise the thing makes. One of my favorite pasttimes is running it through the only tunnel we have here in Dallas. Simply an incredible piece of engineering!

BBS

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: CGT is the best all around car I own ...