Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

CGT is the best all around car I own ...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-05-2008, 03:26 PM
cmcjo is infamous around these parts
I would love one Martin but I have no room for it.

Old 04-05-2008, 05:27 PM
slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !
isnt the murcielago e-gear clutch some 15k or so.....or at least that is what my friend had paid...so 20k for an cgt doesnt seem that bad in that retrospect....

Old 04-06-2008, 12:08 AM
DM1
DM1 has a reputation beyond reputeDM1 has a reputation beyond reputeDM1 has a reputation beyond reputeDM1 has a reputation beyond reputeDM1 has a reputation beyond reputeDM1 has a reputation beyond reputeDM1 has a reputation beyond reputeDM1 has a reputation beyond reputeDM1 has a reputation beyond reputeDM1 has a reputation beyond reputeDM1 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by cmcjo
Congratulations Josh!
F40 is an unbelievable car to look at (and drive)
So I think that is now 3 people here with the CGT/F40 combo?
More than that!

Old 04-06-2008, 06:12 AM
hugo is infamous around these partshugo is infamous around these parts
Living where i live(Romania) where scarcity of proper service support for most "expensive"cars,let alone supercars is a reality,allowed me the benefit of experience evaluating ownership merits for many marks in the last 10 years.

I can say without a doubt that Porsche stands way above any other manufacturer in that respect,only Porsche is not a super car(excl cgt) a fact which has led me to Ruf which in my experience is way over Porsche(incl cgt)in respect of performance reliabilty and service.Needless to mention that imo other marks like Ferrari Lambo Aston are not even close.

Over all,a car like the Rt12 can blast at 360 km/h for a while and then sit in traffic full ac on for hours no prob.
The CTR3 is even better(drove it last summer) and when it appears shortly from what i have gathered will have many new improvements which i have not expeienced last summer.
As you can see from my current car list and avatar i am a bit biased but it is all experience derived

2007 Ruf Rt12
1997 Ruf CTR2
2007 Porscha Targa 4S
2002 Rolls Corniche
1967 Merc SL 250 Pagoda
2007 Merc S500
2007 Range Rover SC x 2

2008 May build Ruf CTR3
2008 Nov? Tesla Roadster

Last edited by hugo; 04-06-2008 at 06:17 AM.
Old 04-06-2008, 11:59 AM
gt2-josh is infamous around these partsgt2-josh is infamous around these parts
Hey Guys!

Thanks for the well wishes! Pics on FChat but I'll get some of delivery and with the CGT in a couple of weeks on arrival.

Josh

1990 F40
2005 CGT
2007 QP

Old 04-06-2008, 12:02 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by hugo
Living where i live(Romania) where scarcity of proper service support for most "expensive"cars,let alone supercars is a reality,allowed me the benefit of experience evaluating ownership merits for many marks in the last 10 years.

I can say without a doubt that Porsche stands way above any other manufacturer in that respect,only Porsche is not a super car(excl cgt) a fact which has led me to Ruf which in my experience is way over Porsche(incl cgt)in respect of performance reliabilty and service.Needless to mention that imo other marks like Ferrari Lambo Aston are not even close.

Over all,a car like the Rt12 can blast at 360 km/h for a while and then sit in traffic full ac on for hours no prob.
The CTR3 is even better(drove it last summer) and when it appears shortly from what i have gathered will have many new improvements which i have not expeienced last summer.
As you can see from my current car list and avatar i am a bit biased but it is all experience derived

2007 Ruf Rt12
1997 Ruf CTR2
2007 Porscha Targa 4S
2002 Rolls Corniche
1967 Merc SL 250 Pagoda
2007 Merc S500
2007 Range Rover SC x 2

2008 May build Ruf CTR3
2008 Nov? Tesla Roadster
Awesome and I agree! Love your stable of car's, you might want to chime in on the RUF Tuning thread and shed some of your first hand knowledge

Old 04-06-2008, 12:20 PM
jamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by gt2-josh
Hey Guys!

Thanks for the well wishes! Pics on FChat but I'll get some of delivery and with the CGT in a couple of weeks on arrival.

Josh

1990 F40
2005 CGT
2007 QP
Just saw that thread. So sweet.

Old 04-09-2008, 02:00 AM
PsyFi is infamous around these parts
Wow Tipos you have such a great collection of cars. I'm curious how would you compare the driving experience of your Murci with your CGT?

Old 05-14-2008, 09:16 PM
Moving Chicane is infamous around these partsMoving Chicane is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Tipo815

I've always had a love/hate relationship with that thing. Can't decide if I like it or don't like it ... ha ha. I love my RR Sport Supercharged. Of course I'm incapable of leaving well enough alone so I had to "do it up." It's my second RR Sport and so far nothing else attracts my attention.
Full Disclosure on that RR!

Attached Images  
Old 05-16-2008, 02:48 AM
997GT3NM is infamous around these parts
Gotta get my post count up so I can see some pics and sigs.

I did my first PCA covert club drive a few months ago, and it was for GT3/turbo's and up.

There was a total of 5 of cars and one was a CGT...

Old 05-16-2008, 02:51 AM
So I figured out why the faster Porsches and the secrecy. We were going for top speed runs on an early Sunday morning with 20 + miles of road to see and binoculors. The CGT led the group followed by a 996 X50 turbo, a 993 turbo, and then 3 997 GT3's one of which was an RS. I was in last place, which was nice because I could drop back a bit and make sure I hit maximum velocity.

Old 05-16-2008, 02:53 AM
Now we were over 4,000 ft of altitude, if not 5,000, so the turbo cars had an advantage at making full power, or close to it. The 9967 X50 stayed right on the CGT on our run and neither car broke 200...

Old 05-16-2008, 03:03 AM
I personally hit 192 and the same later that day at another safe, open spot. Of course I am talking about KPH . Well the guy with the CGT was later parterned up with me as we did some mountain runs in AZ. I had no problem keeping up with him going up the mountain roads, but that does not mean anything because of so many variables, plus we were being safe and not pushing it to the limit. Since I brought up the handling, he had the PS2's on his CGT and I was running my new R888's, so I had a much stickier tire anyway. Does the CGT come with the PS2's from the factory? Also, on a track with a pro driver, how does it compare to a 997 GT3 with a pro driver? I realize it is tricky and demands respect, but what is it capable of?

Anyway, the guy seemed to respect me and likes to share his CGT, so he offered me to drive it! That was quite a surprise. Not only that, but he did not even want to sit next to me, he wanted to drive my 3 while i drove his CGT. I told him that I don't let anyone drive my GT3...

Old 05-16-2008, 03:10 AM
Just kidding of course. But I did tell him that I did not want to drive his car without him sitting next to me. And because he brought someone with him, who he lets drive his CGT all the time, I let that extra passenger drive my GT3 while I drove the CGT with the owner next to me.

First impession was that it reminded me of my Elise and Exige S since it was a bit of pain in the @$$ to get into. I fit fine, but it was snug (I'm 6'3" 240). The clutch was a piece of cake to operate, but he had replaced it (for $15K) already and supposedly the new one was not like the original which was either in or out, no inbetween. Is this true, that they changed the design a bit to make it more street friendly?

The shifter placement was a bit akward, but not a big deal. The car was easy to drive and had power in any gear or RPM. However, it did not feel unbelieveably fast to me. But I was careful and was not hammering it either....

Old 05-16-2008, 03:19 AM
Post 8, two more to go.

I got to drive the car for a very long time over many miles. In fact, I got to drive it from the NM, AZ border to our special spot where we did our initial speed runs. So he told me to hammer it and get it going fast (I guess my averge of 140 was not enough for him ). So the speed climbed and climbed and this is where I could feel the supercar part and see that big whel base comign into play and being a huge benefit. I now understand why the real 200 + mph super cars are all huge, wide, long, low designs.

This CGT was solid and very stable. 180 was kind of boring, while in my 3 there was more steering correction and it was not as planted. Then something kind of bad happened which I am not going to share, but the car survived and so did we, and it was not my fault. Sorry CGT owners, the value of your cars could have gone up another 10 or 15K if i wasn't paying attention...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: CGT is the best all around car I own ...