Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

CGT is the best all around car I own ...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-02-2008, 11:43 AM
Tipo815 is infamous around these partsTipo815 is infamous around these parts
CGT is the best all around car I own ...

My Tifosi friends will be up in arms! The raging bull diehards will scream foul play!

In all seriousness - it is the best all around car I've ever owned/driven. Better than a F40??? Overall? Yes. For pure rawness? No. But if you had to choose one to drive to Vegas or around town - the CGT hands down. It has the comfort, style, presence, and performance all wrapped up in a single awesome package. It doesn't get any better than that!

For those who have questioned its handling ... yes ... it's a handful. It demands respect. It cannot be driven at the limit by anyone less than a very skilled driver (which is why I haven't driven it at the limit).

If I had one complaint it would have to be the "anticipated" cost of a new clutch. It's not a matter of IF as much as it is a matter of when. Since I plan to own the car indefinitely I would suspect that somewhere along my ownership timeline I will have to pony up $20,000+ for a clutch. Couldn't Porsche have used something a little less costly??

Old 04-02-2008, 12:11 PM
jamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant future
Nicest car I've ever had the privilege of owning.

Btw, there are rumours of rebuilt clutches kicking around for $10k.

Old 04-02-2008, 12:22 PM
ThisFlyGuy is a jewel in the roughThisFlyGuy is a jewel in the roughThisFlyGuy is a jewel in the roughThisFlyGuy is a jewel in the rough
damn, a new clutch costs $20k?

i guess Porsche figured CGT owners have deep deep pockets

Old 04-02-2008, 01:44 PM
Griza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud of
Looking the list of cars in your signature, 20k for a clutch is a drop in the bucket.....

Old 04-02-2008, 01:53 PM
PHIL2 is infamous around these parts
Awesome collection. Any pics of these beasts?

Old 04-02-2008, 01:57 PM
TTM0TION is infamous around these parts
Awesome collection you have and in orange county you have the awesome weather to drive them...

Old 04-02-2008, 02:29 PM
dealmaker is infamous around these parts
Really glad to hear your comments Tipo as I have just added a CGT to the fleet!! Should be interesting to see how it contrasts with the 997GT2 and the Murcie!

Old 04-02-2008, 06:00 PM
DM1
DM1 has a reputation beyond reputeDM1 has a reputation beyond reputeDM1 has a reputation beyond reputeDM1 has a reputation beyond reputeDM1 has a reputation beyond reputeDM1 has a reputation beyond reputeDM1 has a reputation beyond reputeDM1 has a reputation beyond reputeDM1 has a reputation beyond reputeDM1 has a reputation beyond reputeDM1 has a reputation beyond repute
Good Call Tipo.

Even though the F40 is a very nice car, having both I would say the CGT is a much better all around car. If I had to sell all my cars but keep one, the CGT would stay. Hopefully I NEVER have to make that choice. As for the clutch costing that much, Ferrari ownership is that high or even higher so I guess it comes with the territory.

Dealmaker

Congrat on the CGT purchase!

Last edited by DM1; 04-02-2008 at 06:03 PM.
Old 04-02-2008, 07:45 PM
Kuzi is a splendid one to beholdKuzi is a splendid one to beholdKuzi is a splendid one to beholdKuzi is a splendid one to beholdKuzi is a splendid one to beholdKuzi is a splendid one to behold
The clutch sounds expensive................but my F40 is in for its Major...................and it makes the CGT clutch seem cheap by comparison

I agree that the CGT is an awesome all around "hyper" exotic. They are not everywhere........thank goodness........and driving it requires.........actually DEMANDS respect. Just something so alluring about that. Contrast that to the CS which you can just jump into and drive "fast" and not even put a second thought into it.

Old 04-02-2008, 07:50 PM
Banned
Hovik is infamous around these parts
The car choices of many in this thread are very interesting!
F40, CS, CGT!

Old 04-02-2008, 08:47 PM
jpohl402 is infamous around these partsjpohl402 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Hovik
F40, CS, CGT!
Don't forget Murcielagos!

Old 04-02-2008, 08:50 PM
NK1983 is infamous around these parts
I would like to contribute to this thread by saying I would lick any of the cars.

Old 04-02-2008, 08:56 PM
ashokn225 has a spectacular aura aboutashokn225 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Hovik
F40, CS, CGT!
Seriously. Less than 20 posts and 3 different members all with a CS, F40 and CGT. All we need is Jas, and we can take over the car world.

Old 04-02-2008, 09:20 PM
SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ashokn225
Seriously. Less than 20 posts and 3 different members all with a CS, F40 and CGT. All we need is Jas, and we can take over the car world.
Jas, Ricky, Jaber and Matt Nunez who has not one but two CGT's... Man that is living it to the fullest!!

Old 04-03-2008, 12:24 AM
Tipo815 is infamous around these partsTipo815 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Kuzi
The clutch sounds expensive................but my F40 is in for its Major...................and it makes the CGT clutch seem cheap by comparison

I agree that the CGT is an awesome all around "hyper" exotic. They are not everywhere........thank goodness........and driving it requires.........actually DEMANDS respect. Just something so alluring about that. Contrast that to the CS which you can just jump into and drive "fast" and not even put a second thought into it.
My F40 just came out of Ferrari of OC after having been there for six weeks for a major. Not sure who is doing yours but it wasn't $20k for my major. Came our around $15k.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: CGT is the best all around car I own ...