Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

porsche response to gtr

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-15-2008, 05:33 PM
MiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by heavychevy
A
The skyline has been glorified by the gaming industry and internet, and you likely find a bunch of GT4 boys running around the car. I've seen it happen when one of our forum members brought one to Road Atlanta for the Petit Lemans. So forgive me if I

I felt like I was fighting the press! I had to like move people out of the way to get in the car.

That was .

Last edited by MiniDHinkle; 04-15-2008 at 05:41 PM.
Old 04-16-2008, 07:00 PM
Nthusiastt is a splendid one to beholdNthusiastt is a splendid one to beholdNthusiastt is a splendid one to beholdNthusiastt is a splendid one to beholdNthusiastt is a splendid one to beholdNthusiastt is a splendid one to beholdNthusiastt is a splendid one to behold
A rear engine Porsche is difficult to drive huh?

Care to explain why the 911 is the most produced race car in the world?? Most winningest Chassis in racing? Biggest customer tracking club in the world?
Porsche builds race cars. You can't buy a gt car from the factory at nissan. There is a reason it has a huge customer base. It's a fun track car and porsche offers turn-key packages. It also has the winningest chassis in racing because it's almost 50 years old.

Success is taking said flawed design and making it the largest selling factory race car in the world. And then taking it and wiping the floor with the competition. But maybe we have different definitions of success.

who said it was flawed? It's simply not a favorable design and it's known to be very squirly. I enjoy the performance of the rr chassis but it's a much different and less predicatable to drive.

Seems like you are owning yourself to have proclaimed so much knowledge.
I simply point out the facts. Your research is very biased which is my definition of a fanboy. I mean your calling nissan an immitation for having a leather wrapped dash. You do know that the 911 wasn't the first to have a leather wrapped dash and the gt-r wasn't the first nissan/infiniti to have a leather dash. Your calling nissan an immitation for having awd. Do you know how many sports cars have awd? Do you know that the 911 wasn't the first to use awd in a sports chassis? And you now know they weren't the first to use turbo...

The FACT is that the Skyline got turbos a few years AFTER the 930 TURBO had them.
If that was your only point I fail to see the importance of that when considering which is a better car. Which honestly is a pointless debate anyways. I love both cars and you should to. You seem to want to ridicule anyone who loves the gt-r which I think is bull-headed. Especially when you probably haven't even driven one.

Porsche has been testing the sequential in the 997 TT long before it came out, they just couldnt get it to work right, and this was widely known. So much for innovation huh?
I don't define that as success

The skyline has been glorified by the gaming industry and internet, and you likely find a bunch of GT4 boys running around the car. I've seen it happen when one of our forum members brought one to Road Atlanta for the Petit Lemans. So forgive me if I

Glorified by the gamming industry? The ruf rgt is the fastest street car in gt4 and if my memory serves me correctly didn't need for speed dedicate a game purely to porsche. I beleive it was called "porsche unleashed"... Whats your definition of glorification? You should swarm to a skyline if you see one in real life if your a true car enthusiast. I look at every rare car I get the chance to. Maybe I can learn something from the owner and their build. I think you've demonstrated enough just how much you fit the profile of fanboy.

Old 04-16-2008, 07:03 PM
MiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Nthusiastt

Glorified by the gamming industry? The ruf rgt is the fastest street car in gt4 and if my memory serves me correctly didn't need for speed dedicate a game purely to porsche. I beleive it was called "porsche unleashed"... Whats your definition of glorification? You should swarm to a skyline if you see one in real life if your a true car enthusiast. I look at every rare car I get the chance to. Maybe I can learn something from the owner and their build. I think you've demonstrated enough just how much you fit the profile of fanboy.
Man, you should really try Forza2. . .

Old 04-17-2008, 02:16 PM
Nthusiastt is a splendid one to beholdNthusiastt is a splendid one to beholdNthusiastt is a splendid one to beholdNthusiastt is a splendid one to beholdNthusiastt is a splendid one to beholdNthusiastt is a splendid one to beholdNthusiastt is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by MiniDHinkle
Man, you should really try Forza2. . .
Forza is a game, GT is a simulator. I prefer realism.

Old 04-17-2008, 02:22 PM
Forza is a game, GT is a simulator. I prefer realism.

There's NO way in HECK you can be serious.

Old 04-17-2008, 02:35 PM
Originally Posted by MiniDHinkle

There's NO way in HECK you can be serious.
Yeah I just don't like forza. It feels more like a game to me than the gt series. That and gt4 has over 700 cars. The gt5 is suppose to have even more

Old 04-17-2008, 07:44 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Porsche builds race cars. You can't buy a gt car from the factory at nissan. There is a reason it has a huge customer base. It's a fun track car and porsche offers turn-key packages. It also has the winningest chassis in racing because it's almost 50 years old.
LOL, my comment had nothing to do with Nissan, and yet I'm the fanboy? The 911 Chassis changes over time, just like a Mustang, Corvette, 3 series etc. So dont start with the excuses, it has still won more than all of just about any manufacturers combined efforts in different chassis's.

And have you driven a cup car to assert that it's hard to drive? Any 911 will be harder to drive than a GT-R because the emphasis is on the driver skill + car = fast, same goes for a Vette or Viper, they are tough to master, but very rewarding, NOT AT ALL TOUGH TO DRIVE (well except the viper)

who said it was flawed? It's simply not a favorable design and it's known to be very squirly. I enjoy the performance of the rr chassis but it's a much different and less predicatable to drive.
WRONG, the RR chassis is very predictable, even moreso than mid engine, used to be harder than now to control at the limit, but that has been remedied.

I simply point out the facts. Your research is very biased which is my definition of a fanboy. I mean your calling nissan an immitation for having a leather wrapped dash. You do know that the 911 wasn't the first to have a leather wrapped dash and the gt-r wasn't the first nissan/infiniti to have a leather dash. Your calling nissan an immitation for having awd. Do you know how many sports cars have awd? Do you know that the 911 wasn't the first to use awd in a sports chassis? And you now know they weren't the first to use turbo...
I never said the 911 was first to do anything, but I did say that Nissan in an effort to be considered on the same playing field added those things soon after or in direct relation to the Porsche. Comprehension will do you well. If they werent trying to compare the GT-R to the 911 do you think it would have had a leather wrapped dash. I know you have your doubts.

If that was your only point I fail to see the importance of that when considering which is a better car. Which honestly is a pointless debate anyways. I love both cars and you should to. You seem to want to ridicule anyone who loves the gt-r which I think is bull-headed. Especially when you probably haven't even driven one.
I never said anything about what was a better car, what are you talking about? I'm not ridiculing anyone except the fanboys that join the site to esteem the GT-R. Ring a bell?

I don't define that as success
What about Nissan's attempt at putting a manual in the GT-R.

Pot' Calling Kettle.

Talking about ONE game!?

95% of people that knew about the GT-R before the new one only knew about it because of video games, can you say the same for Porsche?

Do a comparison in your head.

I should swarm to a skyline (yet I'm the fanboy?)

I dont swarm to any car, in fact standing and looking at cars is boring to me, if they are track cars and they arent on the track I'm bored. Unless there is discussion of the track or how what is on it is beneficial on the track I dont stand around and look at cars. That's for other people.

Old 04-17-2008, 08:49 PM
Akira has a spectacular aura aboutAkira has a spectacular aura about
I'm not ridiculing anyone except the fanboys that join the site to esteem the GT-R. Ring a bell?
Let's be fair, you did join the R&T forum to esteem the TT...

http://forums.roadandtrack.com/cars/...&thread.id=138

Can we just leave GTR as what it is? Another great performer? And leave the "TT is so much better" drum beat out? To some people TT will be better, for some GTR, and for some ZO6. etc. More choice is good. Personally, I would pick the GT3 over all the cars. But that doesn't stop me from appreciating GTR and ZO6 for what it is.

Back to the topic, Porsche is doing something. Face lifted GT3 RS is rumored to pack more punch to counter the GTR and up coming LF-A.

http://www.leftlanenews.com/porsche-gt3-rs-spied.html

Old 04-17-2008, 09:25 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
How does me joing R&T to call them on their B.S. not even really arguing on the TT, but Millen getting beat by a mag editor in the Z06 while running record setting times in the GT-R = me trying to esteem the TT?

I dont even think I mentioned the TT over there.

Explain your reasoning. Nice try on calling me out, but you couldnt be farther off base.

Not to mention Millen is now essentially promoting the GT-R having gone on test drives in it with some blog and now Popular Science, so it seems my conspiracy theories do have a little validity.

Old 04-17-2008, 10:03 PM
petevb is a splendid one to beholdpetevb is a splendid one to beholdpetevb is a splendid one to beholdpetevb is a splendid one to beholdpetevb is a splendid one to beholdpetevb is a splendid one to beholdpetevb is a splendid one to beholdpetevb is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Akira

Back to the topic, Porsche is doing something. Face lifted GT3 RS is rumored to pack more punch to counter the GTR and up coming LF-A.

http://www.leftlanenews.com/porsche-gt3-rs-spied.html

If and when Porsche decides they need to step up they do have a few things they can do right now. They can obviously push the block out to 3.8L+ at virtually no cost, as in the RSRs. Beyond that and minor tweaks (adding up to 10% more power total?) they would likely need to wait for the next gen block, of which rumors are starting to float around.

Since the new block will take a couple years, and it seems likely that the GTR V-spec will convincingly take the 'ring crown well before then, I suspect the other place to looking for more speed will be lighter weight. Porsche has managed to avoid cutting into their profit margins by doing carbon roofs, etc on their GT3s thus far, but clearly there are a hundred+ pounds that could be found if Porsche felt forced to go looking. That would yield a GT3RS with roughly the power to weight of a GT2, which wouldn't be far off in my mind... On can hope that's what in those pictures, though I'd believe that when I saw it.

Old 04-18-2008, 12:16 AM
Akira has a spectacular aura aboutAkira has a spectacular aura about
I honestly think Porsche should make Cayman RS. Most people agree that Cayman MR layout is more balanced than 911's RR setup. If they put in GT3 motor you mentioned above with more track tuned suspension, I think Cayman could be the next track star.

Old 04-18-2008, 01:04 AM
The 911 is Porsche, and Porsche tried to weed it out a long time ago, didnt work. No one's buying a 130k Cayman. The 911 has too good of a profit margin, and too many faithful followers, too big of a racing program.

Like it or not, Porsche is bound to the 911.

Old 04-18-2008, 10:01 AM
PorscheGuy949 is infamous around these parts
They are not on the same level at all

Old 04-18-2008, 07:27 PM
The 911 is Porsche, and Porsche tried to weed it out a long time ago, didnt work. No one's buying a 130k Cayman. The 911 has too good of a profit margin, and too many faithful followers, too big of a racing program.

Like it or not, Porsche is bound to the 911.
faithful followers? You mean.... fanboys

Also as for your comment how many people watch jgtc in the states? There are plenty of reasons the gtr hasn't been as widely known. Most of the reasons being availability. I'd be suprised to see any porsche tuner company unseat the mines r34.

Old 04-18-2008, 07:57 PM
Porsche Fiend
Hamann7 is infamous around these partsHamann7 is infamous around these parts
faithful followers? You mean.... fanboys

Also as for your comment how many people watch jgtc in the states? There are plenty of reasons the gtr hasn't been as widely known. Most of the reasons being availability. I'd be suprised to see any porsche tuner company unseat the mines r34.
Any Porsche tuner? There are plenty that could whoop the Mine's R34.

How about the EDO Competition GT2-RS which lapped the Ring in 7:15?

Or the Jurgen Alzen Motorsport 996 Turbo (motor by RS Tuning) which set the Nurburgring lap record in racing and did a 7:04 in the Castrol-HAUGG-Cup, which they actually bettered while racing (6:40 for the Nordschliefe portion alone)?

Those cars would defecate all over the Skyline R34 in any tuned form.

Last edited by Hamann7; 04-18-2008 at 08:04 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: porsche response to gtr