Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

porsche response to gtr

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-18-2008, 08:56 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
LOL Hamann, you beat me to it, I was about to say Edo as well.

Nthusiast, you keep throwing the fanboy term around yet make statements that can only be interpreted as fanboyish. Can you not see that? And I bet you area Nagtroc defect, so why not keep the same screen name? Coward.

And still waiting for your response to the Porsche Tuners. Mine's isnt even tops in Japan, HKS is, and their evo will still own any GT-R out there.

Old 04-18-2008, 08:56 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Someone ban this dude, he's getting old and tiresome already.

Old 04-19-2008, 02:44 AM
Nthusiastt is a splendid one to beholdNthusiastt is a splendid one to beholdNthusiastt is a splendid one to beholdNthusiastt is a splendid one to beholdNthusiastt is a splendid one to beholdNthusiastt is a splendid one to beholdNthusiastt is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Hamann7
Any Porsche tuner? There are plenty that could whoop the Mine's R34.

How about the EDO Competition GT2-RS which lapped the Ring in 7:15?

Or the Jurgen Alzen Motorsport 996 Turbo (motor by RS Tuning) which set the Nurburgring lap record in racing and did a 7:04 in the Castrol-HAUGG-Cup, which they actually bettered while racing (6:40 for the Nordschliefe portion alone)?

Those cars would defecate all over the Skyline R34 in any tuned form.
lol... do you know how fast the mines r34 is? Maybe you need to do your research. And it's not even built to it's full potential and on top of that it's a street car.

Old 04-19-2008, 11:51 AM
Porsche Fiend
Hamann7 is infamous around these partsHamann7 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Nthusiastt
lol... do you know how fast the mines r34 is? Maybe you need to do your research. And it's not even built to it's full potential and on top of that it's a street car.
Seriously, do you know what you're talking about, or are you just a rice rocket fanboy?

The Mine's car was 3 SECONDS slower than the GMG 996 Cup car when it competed in the Super Street Time Attack.

And you think it can beat the EDO or ALZEN car???

Yes I do know how the specs on the Mine's R34. Am I supposed to be impressed by a 620hp, 3200 lb. Skyline? Do you have any clue about either car I mentioned? No way the ricemobile can touch either car I mentioned. Maybe YOU need to do your research.

You actually think the Mine's R34 can beat a 7:15 on the Ring, let along a 6:40??? Stop playing Forza and all those video games, and start buying/driving some real cars. Then you might have a clue.

Last edited by Hamann7; 04-19-2008 at 12:17 PM.
Old 04-19-2008, 12:08 PM
Enilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond repute
i think gtr owns every single car on the road so i am going to buy one next year.

no, seriously, lets start banning people for posting anything about GTR vs porsche.

Old 04-19-2008, 04:28 PM
◡ KUZU◕7◕ is infamous around these parts
[
The Mine's car was 3 SECONDS slower than the GMG 996 Cup car when it competed in the Super Street Time Attack.
Well, the GMG Cup car is actually a racecar (Speed World Challenge series) and not a tuner car.

"Unlike every other car in the Unlimited ranks, the Mine's car is actually a daily driver in Japan with A/C and a full interior. Even still, the white Skyline cracked off a 1:52.072 and Mine's big boss Niikura-san would have pushed harder had his team brought more than one set of Bridgestones."

but still ...

GMG Motorsports '03 Porsche GT3 Cup 1:49.019
XS Engineering '91 Nissan Skyline GT-R 1:49.210

Of course as a street tuned car, the mine's is no way In hell the fastest R34

And you think it can beat the EDO or ALZEN car???

Well, if mine's would strip out their democar to a similar extent like the edo GT2 ... 7:15 ? yeah, most definitely.

as for the Alzen turbo...

i really don't see a time attack or racecar R34 having problems against a AWD/RWD 996 based racecar ... no matter where.

Old 04-19-2008, 04:41 PM
Z07
Banned
Z07 is infamous around these parts
At present Porsche's response to the GTR is to bury their head in the sand. Unfortunately this tactic leaves your *** in the air.

Old 04-19-2008, 05:01 PM
Originally Posted by ◡ KUZU◕7◕
[

Well, the GMG Cup car is actually a racecar (Speed World Challenge series) and not a tuner car.

"Unlike every other car in the Unlimited ranks, the Mine's car is actually a daily driver in Japan with A/C and a full interior. Even still, the white Skyline cracked off a 1:52.072 and Mine's big boss Niikura-san would have pushed harder had his team brought more than one set of Bridgestones."

but still ...

Mine's had plenty enough power to be competitve. The GMG car was a 996 Cup which is simply a 996 GT3 gutted by Porsche, complete with 415 hp.

Well, if mine's would strip out their democar to a similar extent like the edo GT2 ... 7:15 ? yeah, most definitely.

i really don't see a time attack or racecar R34 having problems against a AWD/RWD 996 based racecar ... no matter where.
You dont say?

More fanboys, and this one didnt even bother to post in another thread to make it seem like he was here for a different reason. Like interest in Porsches.

Old 04-19-2008, 05:06 PM
Originally Posted by Z07
At present Porsche's response to the GTR is to bury their head in the sand. Unfortunately this tactic leaves your *** in the air.
Here we go with this again, you got banned for this type of talk before, you are pushing your luck boy.

There is no response needed for the GT-R, staying on schedule will put a Turbo S or X50 out in a couple of years, and that one will dust the current GT-R in a straight line even more than the current one. A couple of suspension tweaks and even the mag drivers will beat the GT-R on track, it's not too hard. The over glorified fat-mobile will get slapped back down to earth on a track near you (oh I forgot you dont know about the track).

Old 04-20-2008, 12:04 AM
Porsche Fiend
Hamann7 is infamous around these partsHamann7 is infamous around these parts
[

but still ...

OK, let's see some proof of your statements that the tuned Skylines are faster than the fastest 911's?

So you're saying a time attack racecar R34 can break 6:40 on the 'Ring.... OK. How do you figure? Is there any indication that race-spec GT-R's are faster than the Alzen car?

I'm sure the boys at GMG could comment about the Mine's car, but they're probably too busy RACING this weekend at Long Beach.

What a ****ing fanboy. Ban this disp****. I doubt you are even from Germany.

Last edited by Hamann7; 04-20-2008 at 12:08 AM.
Old 04-20-2008, 12:28 AM
theprotest is infamous around these parts
Hi,

Once you get to 'the fastest of the fastest' there are way too many variables IMHO. Production for production is probably an easier way to assess the situation, no? Obviously, then there's driver skill, track temperature, rubber etc. etc.

The Skyline R34 Spec V NUR did hold the record for fastest production car around the 'ring when it was released - but I've no idea what the time was, or how long it stood for.

So many GTR V Porsche threads... can't you guys agree to disagree? Both great cars, obviously built for the same purpose, but aimed at different people!

I love both of them!

Cheers,
Nik

Old 04-20-2008, 04:40 AM
Z07
Banned
Z07 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by heavychevy
Here we go with this again, you got banned for this type of talk before, you are pushing your luck boy.
No, I got banned for calling the 911 a 'POS' if I remember correctly and rightfully so, the 911 is not a POS. My comment above is merely pointing out that Porsche have done very little to respond to the GTR yet.

Originally Posted by heavychevy
There is no response needed for the GT-R, staying on schedule will put a Turbo S or X50 out in a couple of years, and that one will dust the current GT-R in a straight line even more than the current one. A couple of suspension tweaks and even the mag drivers will beat the GT-R on track, it's not too hard. The over glorified fat-mobile will get slapped back down to earth on a track near you (oh I forgot you dont know about the track).
The Turbo S will gain some ground on the base GTR round a track but then the V-Spec will beat it down like a gang Zanu PF supporters correcting an election result. It will also still be cheaper than the base model 997TT and look better and have better seats and be the same weight, and come with CCBs as standard.

Unless you can prove that you have some professional racing experience, I'm just going to assume that you're an average, run-of-the-mill track bum. In which case, your driving will in no way make up for your car's gross inferiority.

Old 04-20-2008, 08:10 AM
cabaynes is infamous around these parts
HeavyChevy, your arguments are some of the most ridiculous things I've ever read on an automotive forum, and I think Nthusiastt has done a damn good job proving this throughout the thread.

I can't get past the fact that everyone in this thread is talking about Porsche's need to "respond" to the GTR by making the 911 Turbo faster, others touting the GT2 as the rival to the GTR.

Why can't anyone see the most obvious argument that trumps all others... PRICE! How can you even begin to compare the 911 Turbo and ESPECIALLY the GT2 to the GTR when the GTR costs the same as a CAYMAN.

If Porsche wanted to "respond" to the GTR, it would have to give the Cayman a set of turbos and all-wheel drive, all while keeping the price the same as it is now. I just can't for the life of me figure out how anyone in their right mind can look at the GTR, which outperforms the 911 Turbo AND undercuts the price by about 30 grand, and then say that the 911 Turbo is still superior in every way!

Forget all the technical bull about who invented what and who did what first, the GTR and the 911 have both been around for many years, they both have long histories of racing and they both have an insanely large worldwide fan base... Unfortunately for Porsche (of whom I am a big fan) the new GTR is a marvelous example of what can be done when a car company is able to design a performance car for the people that drive it, and not to fulfill a $100k+ image.

Porsche is a great company with beautiful cars that perform incredibly, and the new GTR should be a great kick in the *** for them. For the longest time the 911 has been the standard of the performance car industry, of which every other car was compared to... Now with the R8 available in the same price range, and the Z06 and GTR in the same performance realm and both at 30K cheaper, I think it's great that the 911 is finally being challenged by so many.

Porsche doesn't need to "respond" to any car, the 911 is an icon. But the GTR is a great example of modern technology helping to create a great performance/dollar ratio... All of these people trying to compare the 911 Turbo to the GTR, have you ever stopped to think about what the Nissan engineers could have achieved with another $30k designed into the car? How fast would it have gone then?

Old 04-20-2008, 09:48 AM
◡ KUZU◕7◕ is infamous around these parts
So you're saying a time attack racecar R34 can break 6:40 on the 'Ring.... OK. How do you figure? Is there any indication that race-spec GT-R's are faster than the Alzen car?
Well, most likely because the R34 would have come from a racing series with a much more looser regulation/rule system than the Alzen.

Beyond that ... build around the same regulations and rules, i just don't see a 996 911 racecar going a pace a R34 racecar couldn't ...

or maybe you enlighten me, why the examples you gave are so unachievable for an R34, no matter what "tuned form" it has.

Old 04-20-2008, 09:57 AM
MiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant future
Well, most likely because the R34 would have come from a racing series with a much more looser regulation/rule system than the Alzen.

Beyond that ... build around the same regulations and rules, i just don't see a 996 911 racecar going a pace a R34 racecar couldn't ...

or maybe you enlighten me, why the examples you gave are so unachievable for an R34, no matter what "tuned form" it has.
A stock 997 GT3 Cup Car and a modded R34 'race car' are almost equal. I found these lap times at Tsukuba.

NAMS R34 Skyline race car: 56.5
Stock Porsche 997 GT3 Cup Car: 57.6

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: porsche response to gtr