Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

porsche response to gtr

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-20-2008, 01:01 PM
lardog is a name known to alllardog is a name known to alllardog is a name known to alllardog is a name known to alllardog is a name known to alllardog is a name known to all
[If Porsche wanted to "respond" to the GTR, it would have to give the Cayman a set of turbos and all-wheel drive, all while keeping the price the same as it is now. I just can't for the life of me figure out how anyone in their right mind can look at the GTR, which outperforms the 911 Turbo AND undercuts the price by about 30 grand, and then say that the 911 Turbo is still superior in every way! quote]

If the GTR was $30,000.00 I still would not get one. IMO it looks like a ricer kit car. The 911 Turbo is still superior in every way!

Old 04-20-2008, 01:02 PM
MiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant future
Your car is looking good, Lardog!

Old 04-20-2008, 01:12 PM
lardog is a name known to alllardog is a name known to alllardog is a name known to alllardog is a name known to alllardog is a name known to alllardog is a name known to all
Originally Posted by MiniDHinkle
Your car is looking good, Lardog!
Thanks.

I think i will install some fake vents on the side like the GTR
What do you think?

Old 04-20-2008, 01:58 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by lardog
Thanks.

I think i will install some fake vents on the side like the GTR
What do you think?
Larry you already did those?!?!

Old 04-20-2008, 02:19 PM
Originally Posted by iLLM3
Larry you already did those?!?!

Old 04-20-2008, 04:55 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Z07
No, I got banned for calling the 911 a 'POS' if I remember correctly and rightfully so, the 911 is not a POS. My comment above is merely pointing out that Porsche have done very little to respond to the GTR yet.

Hey ********, the GT-R was unveiled in october, released in Japan in December and hasnt gotten to the US (one of the other biggest markets) and most of the rest of the earth.

Even if Porsche wanted to or needed to they wouldnt have built a car in that period of time, or even released and update.

My, the stupidity here is astounding.

The Turbo S will gain some ground on the base GTR round a track but then the V-Spec will beat it down like a gang Zanu PF supporters correcting an election result. It will also still be cheaper than the base model 997TT and look better and have better seats and be the same weight, and come with CCBs as standard. Will also be a 100k Nissan and may look better to you but doesnt look any different than the regular GT-R and who knows if it'll even leave Japan? The Turbo S isnt meant to compete with the Spec-V, the GT2 will take care of that, the Turbo S will just show that Porsche doesnt need to lift a finger to slap Nissan down again.

Unless you can prove that you have some professional racing experience, I'm just going to assume that you're an average, run-of-the-mill track bum. In which case, your driving will in no way make up for your car's gross inferiority.
I'm glad you assume that, and you're lucky your too far away for me to show you otherwise, but trust me, I'll have LOTS of video passing GT-R's, stock, modded, however you like it.

Have fun with your R33 and posing like you know something about driving.

Old 04-20-2008, 05:06 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by cabaynes
Forget all the technical bull about who invented what and who did what first, the GTR and the 911 have both been around for many years, they both have long histories of racing and they both have an insanely large worldwide fan base... Unfortunately for Porsche (of whom I am a big fan) the new GTR is a marvelous example of what can be done when a car company is able to design a performance car for the people that drive it, and not to fulfill a $100k+ image.

Porsche is a great company with beautiful cars that perform incredibly, and the new GTR should be a great kick in the *** for them. For the longest time the 911 has been the standard of the performance car industry, of which every other car was compared to... Now with the R8 available in the same price range, and the Z06 and GTR in the same performance realm and both at 30K cheaper, I think it's great that the 911 is finally being challenged by so many.

Porsche doesn't need to "respond" to any car, the 911 is an icon. But the GTR is a great example of modern technology helping to create a great performance/dollar ratio... All of these people trying to compare the 911 Turbo to the GTR, have you ever stopped to think about what the Nissan engineers could have achieved with another $30k designed into the car? How fast would it have gone then?

Stupidity 101

- If Porsche doesnt need to respond then how is the GT-R a Kick in the "***"? For them to change anything based on the GT-R would be a response, no?

- Let's see Nissan make the same performance, provide the same level of service, and still make ~ 35k profit on each car.

-Even better, let's see Nissan sell a 130k GT-R year in and year out for decades.

-What if Chevy and Dodge used 130k to make a performance car?

You tell me who is smarter:

Porsche- Sells Turbo for 130k @ around 35k Profit on each one.

Nissan- Sells GT-R for 70k and has to charge dealers to cover some of the costs, and likely are still losing money.

You are making the same old tired arguements that have been heard before, why not do a search before jumping off at the mouth and making yourself look like said "***".

Old 04-20-2008, 05:17 PM
Originally Posted by heavychevy

Stupidity 101

- If Porsche doesnt need to respond then how is the GT-R a Kick in the "***"? For them to change anything based on the GT-R would be a response, no?

- Let's see Nissan make the same performance, provide the same level of service, and still make ~ 35k profit on each car.

-Even better, let's see Nissan sell a 130k GT-R year in and year out for decades.

-What if Chevy and Dodge used 130k to make a performance car?

Nissan- Sells GT-R for 70k and has to charge dealers to cover some of the costs, and likely are still losing money.

You are making the same old tired arguements that have been heard before, why not do a search before jumping off at the mouth and making yourself look like said "***".

'I couldn't find the car I'd been dreaming of -
so I decided to build it myself.'
Prof. Dr. Ing. h.c. Ferry Porsche

Old 04-20-2008, 05:39 PM
petevb is a splendid one to beholdpetevb is a splendid one to beholdpetevb is a splendid one to beholdpetevb is a splendid one to beholdpetevb is a splendid one to beholdpetevb is a splendid one to beholdpetevb is a splendid one to beholdpetevb is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by heavychevy

Stupidity 101

To turn that around, tell me who's smarter- the customer who buys Porsche at a 35k+ premium, or the customer who gets the GTR at a major discount?

Either strategy is valid- Nissan is building the GTR as a "loss leader", using it to sell other cars in their line, while Porsche is clearly using the turbo as a profit center, which means the customer pays more for the privilege. Of course Porsche builds loss leaders too- the CGT, regadless of what porsche claimed, lost them money. I certainly don't fault Porsche for building it...

Old 04-20-2008, 05:41 PM
MiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant future

'I couldn't find the car I'd been dreaming of -
so I decided to build it myself.'
Prof. Dr. Ing. h.c. Ferry Porsche
'I couldn't find the car I'd been dreaming of-
so I attempted to copy the 997 TT.'

Dr. Nissan GTR Engineer.

Old 04-20-2008, 05:48 PM
Originally Posted by petevb
To turn that around, tell me who's smarter- the customer who buys Porsche at a 35k+ premium, or the customer who gets the GTR at a major discount?

Either strategy is valid- Nissan is building the GTR as a "loss leader", using it to sell other cars in their line, while Porsche is clearly using the turbo as a profit center, which means the customer pays more for the privilege. Of course Porsche builds loss leaders too- the CGT, regadless of what porsche claimed, lost them money. I certainly don't fault Porsche for building it...
RICER PORSCHE

Old 04-20-2008, 05:54 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by MiniDHinkle
'I couldn't find the car I'd been dreaming of-
so I attempted to copy the 997 TT.'

Dr. Nissan GTR Engineer.
My man mini C is a comedian lately!

Old 04-20-2008, 06:02 PM
My man mini C is a comedian lately!
Dr. Nissan is going to sh$t when Dr. Toyota Kicks there as@ Only to have Hero Honda spend the most money. If I were going to get a Japanese sports car my last choice would be Nissan. (JMO)

Old 04-20-2008, 06:15 PM
Dr. Nissan is going to sh$t when Dr. Toyota Kicks there as@ Only to have Hero Honda spend the most money. If I were going to get a Japanese sports car my last choice would be Nissan. (JMO)
we'll see what Dr. Mugatu comes up with for the Japanese scene !!!

Old 04-20-2008, 06:17 PM
we'll see what Dr. Mugatu comes up with for the Japanese scene !!!

Hey Guy What would Joey say? (inside joke)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: porsche response to gtr