Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

GTR v-Spec laps ring faster than CGT

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-19-2008, 10:12 AM
Spyderidol is infamous around these parts
Sorry Heavychevy - I should have said it is ALMS - Long Beach.

Old 04-20-2008, 12:13 AM
Porsche Fiend
Hamann7 is infamous around these partsHamann7 is infamous around these parts
Well just got back from Long Beach. Lizard RSRs were leading most of the race, but the combination of the late caution combined with Tafel's ballsy pit strategy to not change tires (saving them over 7 seconds) gave them a victory by .1 second over the RSR.

The good news is that the Lizard cars took 2nd and 3rd. It was supposedly the closest finish in the GT2 class ever.

I'm telling you, this new RSR is pretty fast, and give it some time, it's going to start spanking the 430's. Once they start to figure out better setup and pit strategy...

Old 04-20-2008, 05:09 AM
Z07
Banned
Z07 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Spyderidol
Don't forget that the Porsche does get to use larger restrictors due to it being heavier.
Either way, the Ferrari still has a slightly better power to weight ratio (even after the 30Kg reduction)

ACO has the following rules:
  • Ferrari 430: 1125 kg, 4000 cc -> 2 x 28.1 mm restrictor
  • Porsche 911: 1225 kg, 3800 cc -> 2 x 29.5 mm restrictor
FIA had the following rules before decision to give Porsche a weight break:
  • Ferrari 430: 1100 kg, 4000 cc -> 2 x 28.1 mm restrictor
  • Porsche 911: 1200 kg, 3800 cc -> 2 x 29.5 mm restrictor
Now Porsche gets -30 kg:
  • Porsche 911: 1170 kg, 3800 cc -> 2 x 29.5 mm restrictor
This is exactly why I hate Le Mans. One car is lighter so gets a smaller restrictor. A win is hardly a mark of glory for the winning marque when the table has been tilted from the start.

Old 04-20-2008, 08:20 AM
Oh well, after this weekend I guess there will be no eating of my words for me

Old 04-20-2008, 09:44 AM
ztnedman1 is a splendid one to beholdztnedman1 is a splendid one to beholdztnedman1 is a splendid one to beholdztnedman1 is a splendid one to beholdztnedman1 is a splendid one to beholdztnedman1 is a splendid one to beholdztnedman1 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Z07
This is exactly why I hate Le Mans. One car is lighter so gets a smaller restrictor. A win is hardly a mark of glory for the winning marque when the table has been tilted from the start.
And Ferrari is still running AC which allows them bigger restrictors to make up for the lost power. But what about when the AC is not on??????????? This was talked about last year.

Old 04-20-2008, 03:29 PM
Porsche Fiend
Hamann7 is infamous around these partsHamann7 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Spyderidol
Oh well, after this weekend I guess there will be no eating of my words for me
True, except for the fact that Tafel had to risk running on one set of tires to beat the Lizards, and even then, only beat them by 0.1 seconds. The rest of the GT2 pack was fairly evenly matched.

You'll see... this will be a good year for the Lizards (finally).

Old 04-20-2008, 03:33 PM
MiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Hamann7
True, except for the fact that Tafel had to risk running on one set of tires to beat the Lizards, and even then, only beat them by 0.1 seconds. The rest of the GT2 pack was fairly evenly matched.

You'll see... this will be a good year for the Lizards (finally).
It's going to be a great year. This weekend's race was an all around great race. It was nice to see Porsche (Flying Lizard) back in front and a new contender in LMP2 (Not that I like it . . ). Can't wait for the two ALMS races I'm going to this year!

Old 04-20-2008, 03:37 PM
MiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by ztnedman1
And Ferrari is still running AC which allows them bigger restrictors to make up for the lost power. But what about when the AC is not on??????????? This was talked about last year.
That explains why Salo looked like he was about to pass out at St. Petersburg. They needed the x-tra HP for that long straight!

Old 04-20-2008, 03:39 PM
Don't argue with Z07 about racing. His ignorance isn't worth it.

Old 04-21-2008, 01:04 AM
It is indeed good to see that the RSR is at least able to match the F430's pace in the ALMS, although they are getting thoughrly spanked in the other series.
Time will tell.

Old 04-21-2008, 02:07 AM
seanlee768 is infamous around these parts
i actually drove the konigsegg for a few days and its had to imgaine that car can actually be that fast on teh ring. also the mines GTR is in the US right now. it should be on its way to the studio for the FF4 movie. that car already has more hp than the v spec.

Old 04-21-2008, 03:15 AM
Akira has a spectacular aura aboutAkira has a spectacular aura about
Just more rumors. V-Spec 693HP?

http://www.autospies.com/news/Nissan...-693bhp-28661/

With ZR1 rumored to have 620+HP, and SL65 AMG black edition with 670HP, we are getting some very fast cars in near future.

http://www.leftlanenews.com/chevrolet-corvette-zr1.html

http://www.leftlanenews.com/mercedes...ck-series.html

Last edited by Akira; 04-21-2008 at 03:40 AM.
Old 04-21-2008, 08:49 AM
Z07
Banned
Z07 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Akira
Just more rumors. V-Spec 693HP?

I strongly doubt that rumour. Too much of a leap.

Originally Posted by MiniDHinkle
Don't argue with Z07 about racing. His ignorance isn't worth it.
Originally Posted by MiniDHinkle

I made a valid point. Once you start handicapping the competing cars it becomes more like an episode of Pinks.

“My car’s sh*t, I need 8 lengths.”

“Okay, HC wants 8 car lengths. Are you prepared to give him 8 car lengths……”

Etc.

Old 04-21-2008, 10:00 AM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
I was all ready to agree with you on the handicap then you go and say something completely stupid.

You sure talk a lot of smack, we'll see who needs lap-lengths when I get on the track with GT-R's, not to mention the REALLY good drivers want a car that challenges them and the GT-R doesnt fit the bill. And even if there is one in it, wont matter.

Old 04-21-2008, 12:28 PM
Lemar is infamous around these parts
Is anybody else tired of coming on here and seeing cheaper/faster bang for the buck cars being benchmarked against the 911 Turbo and then hearing comments like "At least the 911 Turbo has a better interior" (ZO6), or "At least the 911 GT3 takes skill to drive fast around the track" (GTR)?

It seems as though everytime another challenger comes up, it gets shot down by comments like these. Maybe i'm just the crazy one

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: GTR v-Spec laps ring faster than CGT