Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Best open-trailer for PetFrog?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-10-2008, 11:47 PM
mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !
no trailex dealer in CA. they ship out from midwest.
but as far as open trailers go, they are the BEST.
this is not my opinion but 95% of the ppl who trailers will agree with it.
they are $$$ for open trailers, but hey, you are buying a thrown for pet frog, so it must be the best.

Old 04-11-2008, 10:04 AM
LTCJMRamos has much to be proud ofLTCJMRamos has much to be proud ofLTCJMRamos has much to be proud ofLTCJMRamos has much to be proud ofLTCJMRamos has much to be proud ofLTCJMRamos has much to be proud ofLTCJMRamos has much to be proud ofLTCJMRamos has much to be proud ofLTCJMRamos has much to be proud ofLTCJMRamos has much to be proud of
If you want to look at Featherlite, James Ford over here in Half Moon Bay is a dealer, and has some on their lot. Don't know if they have any open trailers as all I can see from Hwy 1 are the enclosed units. If you like, I can check for you.

Old 04-11-2008, 10:18 AM
analogmike is a glorious beacon of lightanalogmike is a glorious beacon of lightanalogmike is a glorious beacon of lightanalogmike is a glorious beacon of lightanalogmike is a glorious beacon of lightanalogmike is a glorious beacon of light
I pulled my 996 GT3 cup on a trailex. I needed to use planks at the end of the ramps to get clearance for the spoiler. Also needed to bolt planks on the font end of the trailer to get the spoiler over the tongue of the trailer up front which sticks up. Also put thin planks under the rear wheels so I could get the doors open over the fenders.

I also needed to put front wheels on the back of the car as the trailer was not quite wide enough. I think your RS is wider than a GT3 cup so you will need a wide trailex.

Good luck!

Old 04-11-2008, 02:45 PM
N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !
Here are a few I have been looking at also:

http://www.texasrollback.net/index.html

and

http://www.kwikload.com/

Old 04-11-2008, 05:42 PM
toadinlaw has much to be proud oftoadinlaw has much to be proud oftoadinlaw has much to be proud oftoadinlaw has much to be proud oftoadinlaw has much to be proud oftoadinlaw has much to be proud oftoadinlaw has much to be proud oftoadinlaw has much to be proud oftoadinlaw has much to be proud oftoadinlaw has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by analogmike
I pulled my 996 GT3 cup on a trailex. I needed to use planks at the end of the ramps to get clearance for the spoiler. Also needed to bolt planks on the font end of the trailer to get the spoiler over the tongue of the trailer up front which sticks up. Also put thin planks under the rear wheels so I could get the doors open over the fenders.

I also needed to put front wheels on the back of the car as the trailer was not quite wide enough. I think your RS is wider than a GT3 cup so you will need a wide trailex.

Good luck!
You must have the trailer that is one size smaller than mine as I only have to use the two small pieces of wood at the rams. doors clear fenders and so on. either that your your car is riding super low.

If you have questions about trailex the guy I traded emails with is Carl TRAILEX1@aol.com

Old 04-11-2008, 07:43 PM
forhamilton is infamous around these parts
Pet frogs belong indoors when asleep. Enclosed I say.

Old 04-11-2008, 07:50 PM
Modaholic
Kevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond repute
Hey Fred, yea my guy closed up his shop, it was custom made, sits really low so no issues loading. Tire rack and also fuel storage is up front, also has loading lights for night. Oh yea and 17" Boxster wheels

Old 04-12-2008, 05:45 AM
neema is infamous around these parts
kevin, i guess you're the one that i used to drive by all the time (you live right around the block). nice setup!

Old 04-12-2008, 09:22 AM
intence is infamous around these parts
nice trailer wheels

Old 04-12-2008, 10:41 AM
Modaholic
Kevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by neema
kevin, i guess you're the one that i used to drive by all the time (you live right around the block). nice setup!

No kidding, come on by and say hello, I'll be outside most of the day working on Mom's car

Originally Posted by intence
nice trailer wheels
Thanks!

Old 04-12-2008, 11:01 AM
BOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to behold
I used to tow the GT3 with a cayenne turbo. I had a featherlite and it worked very well. You will need to use wood to keep the front from scraping when trying to load it. Also try to get a weight distribution kit put on the trailer so you lessen the stress of the bumper pull. Also make sure to get an electronic brake system. But i remember you had a boat so I guess you are probably 10 steps ahead!

Old 04-12-2008, 12:23 PM
TurboCup87 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by fredttx50
Thanks John. I wonder if there is a local Trailex dealer around. I looked on their website but seems closest ones are boat stores????
The biggest part of their business is boat trailers. I don't know if all of the dealers do the car trailers, but surely many do. The car trailers are built to your spec and shipped. I've had mine 15 years now and love it. The 8' ramps will help.

Old 04-14-2008, 11:55 PM
doccao is infamous around these parts
KevinM- if you ever plan on mass producing your custom trailer, then please take my order!

After a whole day at the track, trailering the car home in a comfortable SUV makes more sense...waiting to see if this thread produces any good lead as well.

Old 04-15-2008, 12:00 AM
fredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond repute
thanks everyone!

Agreed about Kevin's trailer. I'de buy one in a heart beat!!

Unfortunately I'll have to do lots of calling and shopping for the RIGHT set up.

Old 04-15-2008, 12:54 AM
Only 5SPEED
MPD47 is infamous around these partsMPD47 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by mooty
no trailex dealer in CA. they ship out from midwest.
but as far as open trailers go, they are the BEST.
this is not my opinion but 95% of the ppl who trailers will agree with it.
they are $$$ for open trailers, but hey, you are buying a thrown for pet frog, so it must be the best.
When you spend most of your time trailering around in the slop North East weather you wont agree. I for one cannot wait to upgrade to an enclosed.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Best open-trailer for PetFrog?