GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

GT3 RS facelift

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-17-2008, 09:54 AM
alex@wheelexperts is infamous around these parts
i like it... hope to see some better pix soon

Old 04-17-2008, 12:22 PM
DYL 911 is a name known to allDYL 911 is a name known to allDYL 911 is a name known to allDYL 911 is a name known to allDYL 911 is a name known to allDYL 911 is a name known to all
Not liking the front bumper as much, rear lights are gonna look sick... bout time Porsche had some LED tails

Old 04-17-2008, 12:33 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
I dont like the new front bumper AT ALL. Both the current RS and GT3 look much better.

But I do agree, that is not a widebody for an RS. If they give the base GT3 that look with the wing, I'd be loving it (other than the front).

Old 04-17-2008, 12:37 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
BTW, it may be an optical illusion but does the front bumper look more tapered to anyone else. They may have succeded in decrease frontal area and improving the drag coefficient.

Probably works together with the whole rear wing and front chin spoiler in the downforce but no extra drag quotient.

Just a guess.

Old 04-17-2008, 03:05 PM
Formula1 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by heavychevy
BTW, it may be an optical illusion but does the front bumper look more tapered to anyone else. They may have succeded in decrease frontal area and improving the drag coefficient.

Probably works together with the whole rear wing and front chin spoiler in the downforce but no extra drag quotient.

Just a guess.
I think your right. I love the new look.

Old 04-17-2008, 03:08 PM
gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by HotRodGuy
car is still pretty taped up, can't tell what they actually look like

angle cut on one side, going to be across the product line, Cayenne's got em too.

Old 04-17-2008, 03:09 PM
gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by heavychevy

Just a guess.
or the new pesky pedestrian safety rules.

Old 04-17-2008, 03:32 PM
toddbee is infamous around these parts
looks nice. i have heard there is no new gt3 model for 2009, maybe 2010 though. i assume there will be a power bump as i hear the 2009 carrera s is going to have slighty over 400hp while the base carrera is going to be around the current carrera s power rating. i wonder if they do have a mk2 gt3, if it wil have the dual clutch trans.

Old 04-17-2008, 04:45 PM
OldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond repute
I dont see enough to make me want to change. Plus the fact my wife has threatened divorce I see no good reason to sell mine and pay $50K to move into a new model.

Old 04-17-2008, 06:12 PM
i agree. im curious to see if there is a mark2, will it have direct injection and or the PDK like the s and non s version.

Old 04-17-2008, 07:03 PM
AAARRGHGHGHG

PDK on a GT3

Then it will be as heavy as a Turbo.

Old 04-17-2008, 08:55 PM
HardCore Nice is infamous around these parts
Nicey Nice - paddle

Old 04-18-2008, 09:54 AM
zona is infamous around these partszona is infamous around these parts
Old 04-18-2008, 12:23 PM
Interesting

Old 04-18-2008, 01:21 PM
speedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud of
it will be very tough to facelift the 997. it is almost perfect. just needs more hp and torque w/o increasing weight. that said, i might just put my name down for the next rs, just in case i hit the lotto.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: GT3 RS facelift