Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

GT3 RS facelift

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-18-2008, 01:46 PM
gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !
The sidemirrors look awful.

Old 04-18-2008, 03:36 PM
Ray
Former Vendor
Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !
I've try to clean up the mask and give it some color to have better look

Old 04-18-2008, 03:47 PM
Tupe is infamous around these parts
I think I like it.

Old 04-18-2008, 11:32 PM
steve@digitalho is infamous around these parts
GT-3 RS Update

[quote=fredttx50;1800411]As long as no change in HP/TQ then I would be ok with it. However if they do plan to improve on the engine I may just have to sell and get on the list for a new one Might as well do that now

Fred, I spoke to a Porsche factory engineer 6 months ago who was on the small RS development team. They used about every trick in the book on the RS. They shaved every gram off engine components they could with out losing reliability. They knife edged the crank, shaved weight off of pistons, rods, enitre valve train, flywheel, everything they could. He said they were at the end of the 40 year development of the 911 platform in general. He said look for very small incremental improvements from here on out. He said the RS team was given more freedom than ever before to develop a cutting edge hi performance street car. The mod's we have done carry that further. I like my REVO 100 Octane program. I have a switch for 91 and 100 octane. Nice to get another 10 to 12% more power and torque. Cargraphic lightweight silencers are insane. Louder than a Cup car !
Have slicks mounted and ready to go at Calif. Speedway May 3. , Willow May 13th. The car is loaded for bear ! Ferrari told me my Scuderi is delayed due to carbon fiber shortage from Ferrari supplier. Can't wait to get into that car and make it faster !
Take care, Steve
Take care Fred !
Take care Fred

Attached Images  
Old 04-19-2008, 08:57 AM
gomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant future
front bumper is not as cool as it is now....bummer.

Old 04-20-2008, 11:26 AM
H20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by lardog
tttt

tttt? The best question is if they do make (which I doubt) another run of RS's what it will do to the value of all other 997's. If the RS drops the GT3 will drop then ALL 997's will drop the same percentage.
$50k 997 TT's in our future? What would the C2 and C4's drop to.

Old 04-20-2008, 04:14 PM
OmahaGT Is a GOD !OmahaGT Is a GOD !OmahaGT Is a GOD !OmahaGT Is a GOD !OmahaGT Is a GOD !OmahaGT Is a GOD !OmahaGT Is a GOD !OmahaGT Is a GOD !OmahaGT Is a GOD !OmahaGT Is a GOD !OmahaGT Is a GOD !
It looks a lot like RUF Rt12.. Didn't RUF have the smiley first too? Not that I don't love my GT3, but it seems like Porsche's taking their cues from RUF..

Old 04-20-2008, 04:16 PM
OmahaGT Is a GOD !OmahaGT Is a GOD !OmahaGT Is a GOD !OmahaGT Is a GOD !OmahaGT Is a GOD !OmahaGT Is a GOD !OmahaGT Is a GOD !OmahaGT Is a GOD !OmahaGT Is a GOD !OmahaGT Is a GOD !OmahaGT Is a GOD !
By the way, the back bumper looks terrible! The current GT3's back bumper is a work of art!

Old 04-20-2008, 04:23 PM
PorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond repute
The rear bumper is taped up.