GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

OEM MPSC's or MPSC's

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-29-2008, 09:53 PM
FooFighterRS4 is infamous around these parts
OEM MPSC's or MPSC's

Longtime lurker with a question.

Those of you who have replaced your tires, did you get OEM Cups or the regular cups? I've read that the regular Cups are superior to the OEM Cups in every way other than wet grip. Will replacing the rears with Cups but keeping the OEM Cups up front upset the balance of the car?

I know most of the track junkies are getting Hoosiers, Toyos, etc but I'm not at that level. I'll probably just replace the rears so Pirelli's are probably out of the question for now as well.

Thanks

Old 04-29-2008, 10:17 PM
DynamicMotoring is infamous around these parts
If memory serves me correctly, the OEM (N rating) vs non OEM really have no significant differences. The non rated tire may have been built, and then when a slight change was made to the tire, then Porsche decided to use it, and it became N rated.

Old 04-30-2008, 05:05 AM
mishref is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by DynamicMotoring
If memory serves me correctly, the OEM (N rating) vs non OEM really have no significant differences. The non rated tire may have been built, and then when a slight change was made to the tire, then Porsche decided to use it, and it became N rated.
My experience has been the opposite .. My N-spec tires are different from the non-N offerings. Even N-spec tires differ between type (N1, N2, etc).

Old 04-30-2008, 05:08 AM
mishref is infamous around these parts
I found this regarding the N-spec tires:

Originally Posted by http://www.pneus-online.co.uk/porsche-tyres-advice.html

The German brand Porsche builds high performance vehicles which require tyres adapted to these performances. To this end, Porsche integrated tyre selection in the development process of each vehicle. Tyres which have undergone the tests and obtained validation by Porsche are then accredited with an "N" specification.

The Porsche specifications are as follows: N0, N1, N2, N3, etc. These indications on the side of the tyre mean that these tyres have been accredited by Porsche. The numbers following the "N" code: 0, 1, 2, 3 represent the various accreditations by Porsche over time. This means that N0 was the first tyre accredited. Thereafter, based on the modifications made on the tyre, this same reference is identified as N1, then N2, etc. When a new tyre is selected by Porsche, the index starts at N0 once again.