Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Photos during Carrera GT Clutch Replacement

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-05-2008, 09:20 AM
ALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by jamie
Dude, post a copy of the invoice! (with identification of car and owner blanked out, of course)
Once he does post it there will be an OUCH! and then an OOOOOOHH and then a MYYYYYYY!..

But if you see this you won't keep yours for 14K miles

Old 05-05-2008, 01:08 PM
Don Relentless is infamous around these parts
14k miles seems about right, but just for your knowledge there have been cases of warrantee covered clutches with the same milage, its caused from not having the bearing covers attached from the factory, which causes excessive wear from dirt and grim. just something to be aware of.

Old 05-05-2008, 02:15 PM
jamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Don Relentless
14k miles seems about right, but just for your knowledge there have been cases of warrantee covered clutches with the same milage, its caused from not having the bearing covers attached from the factory, which causes excessive wear from dirt and grim. just something to be aware of.
Is that something I could check? (dumb question, I guess) or have checked when the oil gets done?

Old 05-05-2008, 02:56 PM
Originally Posted by jamie
Is that something I could check? (dumb question, I guess) or have checked when the oil gets done?
i'm not sure, if its visible. not sure if you even need to take off the undercarriage to do an oil change or whether you can see the bearing cover, i just know it's been done by someone i know. he had 16k miles and got a free clutch replacement because they said porsche forgot to put the bearing covers on or some **** like that. on top of that his warrantee had expired.

Old 05-05-2008, 03:23 PM
jamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant future
Actually, was just talking with the service mgr at my stealer scheduling an oil change and he said anything to do with the clutch is buried deep within the beast.

Old 05-06-2008, 10:41 AM
racing 97 is infamous around these parts
So the Semi metallic disc overheats and spreads contamination into the carbon.
Expensive and probably not the most practical application of Porsche Engineering.

Old 05-06-2008, 11:37 AM
20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Don Relentless
i'm not sure, if its visible. not sure if you even need to take off the undercarriage to do an oil change or whether you can see the bearing cover, i just know it's been done by someone i know. he had 16k miles and got a free clutch replacement because they said porsche forgot to put the bearing covers on or some **** like that. on top of that his warrantee had expired.
e,
our cars have a recall on the issue but won't need it til the ''time'' comes.

btw, this car is going back to Germany last time i heard. the guy is rubbing it too hard imo. u'll hear whatever u hear but half of it is BS. Just need to rub the right *** i guess.

Old 05-06-2008, 11:43 AM
Enilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond repute
dang...must be quite expensive to pay someone to do this...

Old 05-06-2008, 12:21 PM
Originally Posted by 20C4S
e,
our cars have a recall on the issue but won't need it til the ''time'' comes.

btw, this car is going back to Germany last time i heard. the guy is rubbing it too hard imo. u'll hear whatever u hear but half of it is BS. Just need to rub the right *** i guess.
my thoughts exactly, wait till 10k+ miles and then tell them to do the recall for a new clutch and a little love to well you know who..

Old 05-06-2008, 12:27 PM
20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute
yank the drive shaft urself then flatbed it in. u're well capable of that. good thing is u don't have to put them back.

Porsche wouldn't even give me a new battery.. trying to get them warranty this puppy is getting harder & harder.

Old 05-06-2008, 12:33 PM
Dino V is just really niceDino V is just really niceDino V is just really niceDino V is just really niceDino V is just really nice
nice, thanks for sharing!

Old 05-06-2008, 12:38 PM
pilone is just really nicepilone is just really nicepilone is just really nicepilone is just really nicepilone is just really nice
These are special pics...It's incredible too se how the clutch is "compact"...engeneering at the maximum level!