Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Video from a trackday in sweden!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-04-2008, 06:09 AM
MariusL is a jewel in the roughMariusL is a jewel in the roughMariusL is a jewel in the roughMariusL is a jewel in the rough
Video from a trackday in sweden!

RUF Sweden had a trackday 1. may, which I attended with my GT2. As this was my first time on track, I had booked an instructor the whole day, which was the best money I have ever spent! Had an awesome day, shaving of 15 seconds of my laptimes during the day

My instructor tok a mate out for a few laps, we mounted the video camera, and got a few nice laps with some action I was in the pit nervous as hell watching some close calls with my car

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3QoWnejabAk

Enjoy

Old 05-04-2008, 06:12 AM
MariusL is a jewel in the roughMariusL is a jewel in the roughMariusL is a jewel in the roughMariusL is a jewel in the rough
Pictures from the day can be found here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/fiskfis...7604850170322/

Murcielago offroad for the 3rd time today

Was a bit offroad myself:

The day started wet:

Slow ferraris

Old 05-04-2008, 07:42 AM
Banned
Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !
Nice vid&pics! What camera/mic setup you use?

Old 05-04-2008, 07:52 AM
Originally Posted by Speedshaq
Nice vid&pics! What camera/mic setup you use?
Just a cheap MiniDV-recorder mountet to the roll bar, not sure about what brand/model!

Old 05-04-2008, 08:02 AM
Banned
Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by MariusL
Just a cheap MiniDV-recorder mountet to the roll bar, not sure about what brand/model!
Anyway, i asked because i noticed a nice exhaust note. Is the exhaust stock?

Old 05-04-2008, 08:11 AM
Originally Posted by Speedshaq
Anyway, i asked because i noticed a nice exhaust note. Is the exhaust stock?
RUF

Old 05-04-2008, 08:20 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by MariusL
RUF

Well, this explains all

Old 05-04-2008, 06:53 PM
Adron is infamous around these parts
That was awesome!

Old 05-05-2008, 02:27 AM
AntX GT2 is infamous around these parts
Nice pics Marius!
I was there with the Silver 996 GT2, Saw you on the track but never had a chance to say hello in the pit.

Anders

Old 05-05-2008, 06:33 AM
Erik has a spectacular aura aboutErik has a spectacular aura about
Hi Marius and nice to have met.

I can tell you all that the lap times improved a lot during the day. I stood at the hairpin at the end of the day and it was clear you were going must faster than before.

Some of my pics, more to come:

Old 05-05-2008, 07:03 AM
03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold
Nearly been where that GT3 driver was near the end of the video How I kept it from spinning I have no idea! That also looks like Oakley's prepped GT3 so far from stock.

Old 05-05-2008, 07:14 AM
hesperus is just really nicehesperus is just really nicehesperus is just really nicehesperus is just really nicehesperus is just really nice
great pics as always Erik!!!

how was the Oakley car?

Old 05-05-2008, 08:27 AM
Erik has a spectacular aura aboutErik has a spectacular aura about
Cool

Originally Posted by hesperus
great pics as always Erik!!!
how was the Oakley car?
Thanks!

I like it a lot. The shifter is a must, once tried it feels difficult to part with it.
We had a lot of journalist who tried the car during the week. In the theory of things, a lot of people seem negative but once they try it they step out of the car very, very positive. I didn't drive the car (steering wheel on the wrong side + race track = bad combo) but I did test shifting for Jon and the feeling was really nice.

As a passenger it's difficult to sense how much difference all the Oakley Design parts on this car make, but the car felt really good and light. Felt like it was very easy to place the car, and point it in the direction you want to go.

I had a few hotlaps with Jon Oakley, and it's really nice to step into a car with a professional behind the steering wheel. Now they also make mistakes, as can be seen on the video But it was quite wet outside the ideal line and he was on Michelin Cups, not a very good combo as we all know.

Old 05-05-2008, 09:52 AM
exoticalex has a spectacular aura aboutexoticalex has a spectacular aura about
Awesome video!! It makes me wish I could go out to the track today GT2 in the wet does scare the utter **** out of me, I assume you were taking it nice and easy during the first part of the day. Good driving buddy!!

Old 05-05-2008, 11:50 AM
Originally Posted by AntX GT2
Nice pics Marius!
I was there with the Silver 996 GT2, Saw you on the track but never had a chance to say hello in the pit.

Anders
Ah, its a small world, isnt it? Next time, say hello

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Video from a trackday in sweden!