Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

GMG MOTON instalation

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-06-2008, 12:33 AM
Former Vendor
Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !
Luis,

Email sent with answers to your questions.

Old 05-06-2008, 08:15 AM
c2mojo is infamous around these parts
I thought the Main spring was supposed to be on top? Does it matter?

Old 05-06-2008, 10:26 AM
luiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud of
Thanks Simon !

Old 05-06-2008, 10:39 AM
luiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud of
Thanks Fabryce I need some pics of the Moton shocks mounted in the car...

Old 05-06-2008, 12:13 PM
setup racer is infamous around these parts
moton install

great setup !! a few helpful hints- putting the tender(smaller spring) on bottom keeps spring bind to minimum,and springs ride along side of shock body.....your rear upper mount should have bushings on both upper and lower sides of upper shock mount or you will be adjusting the coil to the
to the top of adjustment for min of height-plus inner interior panel might hit adjusting ****.....shocks are designed to not need shaft stops....
to start set canister pressures to 175psi(nitrogen)...front shocks canister-4
top of shock -3-----rear canister -3-----top of shock --4....ray

Old 05-06-2008, 12:26 PM
Cool thanks do you have pictures of your car with the motons?

Old 05-06-2008, 08:07 PM
Today,s update :

1-Bad news I found out I dint got rear shock monobal mounts (nobody told me I will need them) hhmmmm
2-I will have to wait 1 mounth for the GMG bars
3-No pictures or mounting diagrams included it is a 9k kit and not even a pic
4-Still I dont have a suspension setup
5-I need a longer hose still waiting for the cost
6-The wheel hubs are out (like most of the suspension and brakes parts) and tomorrow A arms will receive the new GMG Non-Adjustable Thrust Arm Bushing Kits
7-Dog bones are mounted,very nice parts exellent fiting and quality
8-Toe stir kit also istalled,very nice parts too

I hope I get a better service from GMG imediatly.This is starting to make me wonder if i is worthless to spend this kind of money and desasemble like this a GT3 RS.

More to come stay tuned...

Last edited by luiscarlos; 05-07-2008 at 10:26 AM.
Old 05-07-2008, 12:16 AM
mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by luiscarlos
Hmmm didn't got bump stops in my kit too
Where can I find the way to eliminate PASM?
it appears to me that you dont have much exp with GT3 or with moton? for example you didn't know the rear of all GT3's lack monoballs or if main spring is on top or botton. furthermore, there is not magic "set up" per se. the suspension must be set up based on the driver and the use of the car.

having had moton CS on 6 of my cars, it's my advice to find a very competent race shop, not dealer, who has set up motons in the past. for example, do you u have hi pressure hydrogen for charging the shox and hi pressure gauge to measure it?

fabryce has lots of experience dealing with these puppies, he may be able to suggest a shop in your area to do the install.

DO NOT install moton on your own.

Old 05-07-2008, 10:25 AM
I have Moton in my SC M3 and yes I also have filling station I love the way they handle I had to buy and mod several parts to make them work properly.
In the GT3 RS I was confused because I thought this was a complete kit for GT3 like some other companies offer i decided to go with GMG becuase of the support.

My M3 has monoball RSM and front race camber plates and yes in the gt3 I forgot about this because again I thought it was a complete kit.I contacted GMG and they will take care about this and the rest of my questions.

I will post more pics today...

Old 05-07-2008, 11:30 AM
///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute
I am sure you will get the help you need to be able to install the suspension yourself. It is much more satisfying when you are able to do so. Can't wait to see the pics! Good luck!

Old 05-07-2008, 04:05 PM
luis pm me or send me a phone number -i can answer all your questions!!! and if this is a street car,not having monoballs in bottom of shocks is better for you and ride quality
will be alot better....you have too many questions for a forum....ray

Old 05-07-2008, 08:17 PM
Thanks setup racer ...I will PM

Old 05-07-2008, 08:44 PM
moton install

hi luis -got your pm-i cannt respond with pm (no enough post)....
send me another with contact info and ill walk you thru the install!!
ray

Old 05-07-2008, 10:29 PM
mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by luiscarlos
I have Moton in my SC M3 and yes I also have filling station I love the way they handle I had to buy and mod several parts to make them work properly.
In the GT3 RS I was confused because I thought this was a complete kit for GT3 like some other companies offer i decided to go with GMG becuase of the support.

My M3 has monoball RSM and front race camber plates and yes in the gt3 I forgot about this because again I thought it was a complete kit.I contacted GMG and they will take care about this and the rest of my questions.

I will post more pics today...
got it.
good luck in the install, you will love the motons.

Old 05-08-2008, 11:25 AM
moton install

Hi Luis -was Looking At Your Photos-does Your Rsm Have Any Bushing Or Monoball In It? Call Me -dont Mount If It Doesnt Swivel
Youll Bend Or Destroy Rear Shocks???? Ray

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: GMG MOTON instalation