Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

GMG MOTON instalation

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-04-2008, 07:48 PM
luiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud of
GMG MOTON instalation

I am going to start the installation of the GMG Moton WC suspension.
I made some canister brackets for the roll bar and still finding a nice solution for the fronts etc great project I think.

I have a question, today I looked at the upper part of the front shocks and didnt find the little cable that normally is connected to the shocks for the PASM to make the suspension hard.Why I don't have the front shocks with the cable if my car has the PASM button in the dash?

I also need a suspension geometry set up...I hope someone can help me.

Old 05-05-2008, 07:11 AM
03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold
First, congratulations on getting the Moton's! I have no idea about the cable for the front shock! I haven't looked for it on mine.

On the setting up quistion, I'm sure that GMG would help you with a base set-up that they recommend. You'd have to do slight adjustments later when you drive it though to suit your driving style.

Old 05-05-2008, 08:02 AM
Banned
GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !
I would assume that GMG will take care of everything for you on the install.
Then you adjust to your likings and style of driving.
I would follow all of GMG's recommendations. God knows they know what they are doing.

GT3Ranger

Old 05-05-2008, 08:29 AM
c2mojo is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by luiscarlos
I am going to start the installation of the GMG Moton WC suspension.
I made some canister brackets for the roll bar and still finding a nice solution for the fronts etc great project I think.

I have a question, today I looked at the upper part of the front shocks and didnt find the little cable that normally is connected to the shocks for the PASM to make the suspension hard.Why I don't have the front shocks with the cable if my car has the PASM button in the dash?

I also need a suspension geometry set up...I hope someone can help me.
There is no such thing as a PASM enabled Moton, I'd check with GMG today, I am pretty sure your Sport button will be useless and you'll make compression changes from the canisters and rebound changes from the top of the shocks. What you see at the top of the shock is a gold nut where you'll put the orange dial on.

Old 05-05-2008, 08:35 AM
PM me and I can help you with setup but GMG should have really good data points or you could call Moton direct, good guys there.

Old 05-05-2008, 09:58 AM
03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold
c2mojo, I think that he talking about his stock shocks as opposed to the Moton.

Old 05-05-2008, 10:18 AM
luiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud of
So gt3 RS have or dont have the electronic hardness in the shocks?

Old 05-05-2008, 01:38 PM
Originally Posted by luiscarlos
So gt3 RS have or dont have the electronic hardness in the shocks?
It does but the Moton replacements do not. So if you bought a replacement Moton/GMG setup then the Sport button would not work.

Old 05-05-2008, 03:05 PM
Don Relentless is infamous around these parts
from my understanding Moton is pretty good with support as they actually took my car out to the track when setting up my gallardo. they spent the entire day setting it up finding the correct spring rate camber and tow settings. they even did a custom front end lift unit that they adapted off my stock setup, so i can still have the front end lift. great company.

Old 05-05-2008, 07:35 PM
This is the second day of installation and the real challenge for me is to install all the new components with out doing any permanent mod in case I want to have a 100% OEM car some day.
I need some help from you guys,please the a look at the way I think the front and rear shocks have to be ensembled and correct me if I am wrong.I will also install rear thrust arms,dog bones and some other components will post more pics in the next days.

Last edited by luiscarlos; 05-05-2008 at 07:37 PM.
Old 05-05-2008, 07:47 PM

Last edited by luiscarlos; 05-05-2008 at 07:58 PM.
Old 05-05-2008, 09:03 PM
Do I need rear rubber bump stops?

Old 05-05-2008, 09:23 PM
mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !
u need rear bump stop.
you also need to kill PASM, search the board, AWE has a detailed algorithm. if you dont kill off PASM, you cannot use motons.

Old 05-05-2008, 10:22 PM
Originally Posted by mooty
u need rear bump stop.
you also need to kill PASM, search the board, AWE has a detailed algorithm. if you dont kill off PASM, you cannot use motons.
Hmmm didn't got bump stops in my kit too
Where can I find the way to eliminate PASM?

Old 05-05-2008, 10:53 PM
HKE46Boy is just really niceHKE46Boy is just really niceHKE46Boy is just really niceHKE46Boy is just really niceHKE46Boy is just really nice

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: GMG MOTON instalation