Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

KW Hydraulic Lift System

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-13-2008, 09:17 PM
luiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud of
Linear springs.

Old 07-13-2008, 09:56 PM
Former Vendor
AutoTalent is just really niceAutoTalent is just really niceAutoTalent is just really niceAutoTalent is just really niceAutoTalent is just really nice
Originally Posted by luiscarlos
Linear springs.
It might work, would you mind measuring the Inner Diameter of the spring & outer diameter of the shock body? Also, the length of the springs as well. If the dimensions are the same as what KW runs then we would have a match.

The other kit is working in conjunction with a set of JRZ or Moton, can't recall exactly.

Old 07-14-2008, 12:16 AM
speedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud of
so what is the weight of the kit (front only w/o kw coilovers)?

Old 07-18-2008, 01:11 AM
speedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud of
i guess i'll just assume it's as heavy as a tank and move on...

Old 07-18-2008, 02:48 PM
Former Vendor
AutoTalent is just really niceAutoTalent is just really niceAutoTalent is just really niceAutoTalent is just really niceAutoTalent is just really nice
Originally Posted by speedoflight
so what is the weight of the kit (front only w/o kw coilovers)?
Including all the packaging & box, it weighs 36 lbs. The unit & components should weigh low 30's

Old 07-18-2008, 06:29 PM
Originally Posted by speedplay
Including all the packaging & box, it weighs 36 lbs. The unit & components should weigh low 30's
thanks

Old 07-18-2008, 11:15 PM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by speedoflight
thanks
Just re-read that you asked for the front only, the weight quoted was for all 4 corners including the new springs.

It should weigh 23 lbs for just the front kit, keep in mind the springs are replaced.

Old 07-19-2008, 06:33 PM
1badgt2 has a reputation beyond repute1badgt2 has a reputation beyond repute1badgt2 has a reputation beyond repute1badgt2 has a reputation beyond repute1badgt2 has a reputation beyond repute1badgt2 has a reputation beyond repute1badgt2 has a reputation beyond repute1badgt2 has a reputation beyond repute1badgt2 has a reputation beyond repute1badgt2 has a reputation beyond repute1badgt2 has a reputation beyond repute
If you are interested in pics of the sytem installed on a 996 GT2 with JRZs, go to the thread "A Very Custom GT2 RSR". However, because of my set-up using 11 x 18 BBS RSR monoblocks in front and 295/30-18s, we had to fabricate a custom hat and install the hydraulic unit on the top of the coilover due to wheel clearance issues. Still a very cool kit.

Old 07-19-2008, 06:55 PM
oak
oak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud of
what's the purpose of this device? just to raise and lower ala air bag?

Old 07-20-2008, 09:10 AM
1badgt2 has a reputation beyond repute1badgt2 has a reputation beyond repute1badgt2 has a reputation beyond repute1badgt2 has a reputation beyond repute1badgt2 has a reputation beyond repute1badgt2 has a reputation beyond repute1badgt2 has a reputation beyond repute1badgt2 has a reputation beyond repute1badgt2 has a reputation beyond repute1badgt2 has a reputation beyond repute1badgt2 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by oak
what's the purpose of this device? just to raise and lower ala air bag?
it is a hydraulic unit with a small pump that is actuated by a remote key fob. We are running my car at Cup car height. This device raises the car about and inch and a quarter to allow easier access into driveways, over speed bumps, etc.

Old 07-21-2008, 07:50 PM
luiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud of
How does this system knows when to autolower at 80 kph?
Ordered mine today (rings only)

Last edited by luiscarlos; 07-21-2008 at 10:13 PM.
Old 08-08-2008, 01:03 PM
SRatha has much to be proud ofSRatha has much to be proud ofSRatha has much to be proud ofSRatha has much to be proud ofSRatha has much to be proud ofSRatha has much to be proud ofSRatha has much to be proud ofSRatha has much to be proud ofSRatha has much to be proud ofSRatha has much to be proud of
would this work on the pss10 bilstein?

Old 08-09-2008, 08:41 AM
We have installed the system on my car and it works fine, however, when raised it would immediately lower itself. Found out that the control unit has wires that connect to the CAN signal in a 997 that control the auto lowering at a certain speed on the 997. 996 is different and required different control connections. Sam at Auto Talent was very helpful in connecting us with Klaus, the owner of KW, and they immediately created a resolution and have sent a new control box. At this point, I think the system will work fine from a controls aspect. If so, they now have a proven approach to those of you with 996 turbos. It is a VERY high quality system for those of you who are interested. PM me if you have specific questions, or call Sam at Auto Talent in LA.

Please note that we had to install the front unit on the top of the coilover versus the bottom as designed. This is only specific to me because we are running the RSR monoblocks and a brake cooling system, both of which create serious clearance issues. If you are running the stock clearances, even with custom wheels, then you should be fine with the installation at the bottom of the coilover.

Attached Images    

Last edited by 1badgt2; 08-09-2008 at 08:50 AM.
Old 10-26-2008, 03:30 PM
juankimalo is infamous around these partsjuankimalo is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by 1badgt2
We have installed the system on my car and it works fine, however, when raised it would immediately lower itself. Found out that the control unit has wires that connect to the CAN signal in a 997 that control the auto lowering at a certain speed on the 997. 996 is different and required different control connections. Sam at Auto Talent was very helpful in connecting us with Klaus, the owner of KW, and they immediately created a resolution and have sent a new control box. At this point, I think the system will work fine from a controls aspect. If so, they now have a proven approach to those of you with 996 turbos. It is a VERY high quality system for those of you who are interested. PM me if you have specific questions, or call Sam at Auto Talent in LA.

Please note that we had to install the front unit on the top of the coilover versus the bottom as designed. This is only specific to me because we are running the RSR monoblocks and a brake cooling system, both of which create serious clearance issues. If you are running the stock clearances, even with custom wheels, then you should be fine with the installation at the bottom of the coilover.
So, you can go for it in a 996 if you have KW coilovers installed... I can see that the problem comes from the CAN.
Would it be match in a 996 C2 with KW coilovers too?

Old 10-26-2008, 04:55 PM
I will get my system this week.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: KW Hydraulic Lift System