GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

KW coilovers V3....feedback?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-23-2008, 05:25 PM
Former Vendor
LARennsport is infamous around these parts
KW coilovers V3....feedback?

Anyone using these? Looking at the Varient 3 type.

Old 05-23-2008, 06:30 PM
Former Vendor
AutoTalent2 is a name known to allAutoTalent2 is a name known to allAutoTalent2 is a name known to allAutoTalent2 is a name known to allAutoTalent2 is a name known to allAutoTalent2 is a name known to all
KW's are the best overall coilover kits on the market.They have the best material construction quality of any coilover kit built. PM us for a quote!!!

-Danny

Old 05-23-2008, 07:11 PM
PJS
PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !
have them
love them

posted a response on RL

Old 05-24-2008, 09:26 PM
Banned
GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !
Auto Talent I have to respectfully disagree with your statement.
For the money KW Variant3 system is a good product. As a customer you need to decide how much to spend and for what purpose.

KW is not the best. They are at or below the level of Bilstein and H&R.

Again it depends on what your intent and use will be.
For me I would go with Motons. If you are not going to track and compete, then why spend the money.

Cheers, GT3Ranger

Old 05-24-2008, 10:06 PM
PJS
PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !
juan

curious as to why you think H&R and Bil. are better?

in the research that I did before buying, I did not find any reason to support your claim...

I can tell you that compared to stock 996GT3 susp., the KWv3's are significantly better if set up properly.

Do you think the Manthey KWs are rubbish as well?

I have only driven a stock and KW3 equipped 996 GT3 and ridden in a Moton equipped 996 GT3 on the street... so I cannot offer direct feedback regarding the H&R and Bils.

I was trying to decide between Motons and KW3s and in the end, for my use (mixed street and drive to the track -- maybe 12-15 track days per year) the KWs have been sensational.

to each their own of course, but was just curious to hear more specifics...

Old 05-25-2008, 08:24 AM
Banned
GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !
Please do not miss understand, I never said they were rubbish. The KW coilover systems are in use much more in Europe as it seems. Manthey is a first rate outfit. Their products are great and have proven HP gains. They are also astronomic in price. I wouldn't doubt that when they use the KW's they do their own custom re-valving.
I want to correct myself, the KW's are not of lesser quality than Bilstein or H&R.
Between the KW V3 and Motons there is a big price difference. Again you as the buyer need to decide what are your goal for the system and if the added money is worth it.
As a matter of fact I am in the market for the KW V3 system for my E60 M5.
You will be happy with the KW's.
My conversations with people that know more than me and stirring more towards the Motons has been the genesis of my position.

Good luck with the process and post pics of the car.

GT3Ranger

Old 05-25-2008, 10:17 AM
PJS
Originally Posted by GT3Ranger
Please do not miss understand, I never said they were rubbish. The KW coilover systems are in use much more in Europe as it seems. Manthey is a first rate outfit. Their products are great and have proven HP gains. They are also astronomic in price. I wouldn't doubt that when they use the KW's they do their own custom re-valving.
I want to correct myself, the KW's are not of lesser quality than Bilstein or H&R.
Between the KW V3 and Motons there is a big price difference. Again you as the buyer need to decide what are your goal for the system and if the added money is worth it.
As a matter of fact I am in the market for the KW V3 system for my E60 M5.
You will be happy with the KW's.
My conversations with people that know more than me and stirring more towards the Motons has been the genesis of my position.

Good luck with the process and post pics of the car.

GT3Ranger
we are on the same page --

manthey KWs are $5000 (manthey specs on the valving)
KW3s are $3000-3500

I was convinced after doing some homework that the KWs were superior to H&R and Bils.

Motons/JRZ are the next level up in performance and price.

Old 05-25-2008, 10:20 AM
03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold
Can't beat the KW V3's for what you're getting. I have them on another car and i can't be happier with them.

Juan, I'm glad you reversed your earlier statement. Can't compare Moton's to KW V3's. It'll have to be KW's race line or clubsport line at least to do a fairer comparision.

Old 05-25-2008, 12:34 PM
Kaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud of
KW are a great product. The Variante 3 and especially the Clubsport version are "better" than Bilstein's street versions if you look the quality and adjustment possibilities. Of course in practice the car's similarly fast at track with PSS9/10's but you get the point...

Keep in mind you can get also competition systems from KW which are similar to Moton (3-way-adjustables etc)...

Old 05-25-2008, 09:47 PM
Banned
PJS I have been quoted < $2,500 for the KW V3 coilover system for my E60 M5.
I will be pulling the trigger on this right away.

Old 05-26-2008, 10:10 AM
DesertCaymanS is infamous around these parts
I have used KW Var3 on my last 5 cars - for mainly street driven cars with occasional track use they are the best bang for the buck out there. In all cases ( Porsche,BMW,and Audi applications) they actually ride better than stock suspension.

Old 05-26-2008, 12:14 PM
PJS
Originally Posted by GT3Ranger
PJS I have been quoted < $2,500 for the KW V3 coilover system for my E60 M5.
I will be pulling the trigger on this right away.
MSRP for the E60M5 is $2995 -- so I would say you are getting a good deal.

I recently rode in a KW equipped E55 and it was a nice ride -- firm but not punishing on city streets.

I have considered adding them to my M5 as well... but once I started modding my GT3, my m5 has not been getting any new gifts... although it is sorely lacking in the susp department... feels a bit like a la z boy chair in the corners...

Nice taste Juan -- I am just a generation behind you in the GT3 and M5 department... ohhh and I do not have an RS

YET