Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Carrera GT prices...what up?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-01-2008, 10:31 AM
johnw(to) is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by cmcjo
I must not be advertising my CGT correctly because I haven't received one real offer on my perfect car and its by far priced right..
cmcjo- pm me with the details of your car please. im in toronto so i dont what the import laws are but i am looking for one.

Old 06-01-2008, 11:03 AM
nberry is a splendid one to beholdnberry is a splendid one to beholdnberry is a splendid one to beholdnberry is a splendid one to beholdnberry is a splendid one to beholdnberry is a splendid one to beholdnberry is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Auctung
for my sake I hope they go the way of the F40s about 3 years ago
theyve been anywhere from low 300s to a mil +

Im sure the CGT will come down when the dollar pics up and when the 05s warrentee go bye bye. Just how far down we shall see....
The CGT prices are up because Porsche stepped in and stabilized the market by sending several back to Europe. Additionally, the strong Euro has allowed European buyers to come in and buy US cars. If I was an owner of a CGT and wanted to sell it, I would price it high (as many are doing) hoping that a European buys it. The high prices are not being paid by US customers.

I also agree once the warranty runs its course this car will decline in value.

This does not detract from the fact that the CGT is one of the best supercars on the market (assuming one is talented enough to drive it).

Old 06-01-2008, 11:24 AM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
I must not be advertising my CGT correctly because I haven't received one real offer on my perfect car and its by far priced right..
Joe WTF, you are selling?!?! WHY?!?!?

Carrera GT IS the car, a very special one... One day!

Old 06-01-2008, 12:08 PM
cmcjo is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by iLLM3

What's Up!
I really like the car. It is perfect in most every way for me. For some reason my Wife really liked the Ferrari that we had and felt the GT is too fast!!

She really is understanding with me and my cars but she just thinks The CGT is a race car. (not that I ever raced or tracked a car in my life) I am getting a 430 Spider for now and will wait to see what comes next year.

I just got a new Formula 350SS Boat that we will play around with for the summer. If your around the Jersey shore give me a ring. The thing is a cruiser that goes over 60 MPH.

Old 06-01-2008, 12:17 PM
Oh and a local dealer called me to tell me about a new 997 GT2 that he had for me. Black car was beautiful man!!

I couldn't do it for $295!!! big bucks for that car. Im sure its worth it though.

Old 06-01-2008, 12:27 PM
jamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant future

DING, DING, DING! Porsche Calling Martin!

Old 06-01-2008, 02:51 PM
lardog is a name known to alllardog is a name known to alllardog is a name known to alllardog is a name known to alllardog is a name known to alllardog is a name known to all
Oh and a local dealer called me to tell me about a new 997 GT2 that he had for me. Black car was beautiful man!!

I couldn't do it for $295!!! big bucks for that car. Im sure its worth it though.
Joe, Is that the GT2 at Paul Miller? (that place sucks!!!! )

Old 06-01-2008, 03:44 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
What's Up!
I really like the car. It is perfect in most every way for me. For some reason my Wife really liked the Ferrari that we had and felt the GT is too fast!!

She really is understanding with me and my cars but she just thinks The CGT is a race car. (not that I ever raced or tracked a car in my life) I am getting a 430 Spider for now and will wait to see what comes next year.

I just got a new Formula 350SS Boat that we will play around with for the summer. If your around the Jersey shore give me a ring. The thing is a cruiser that goes over 60 MPH.
Nice man, I guess it's good to switch it up, although the CGT is the ultimate supercar and top comes off too which makes it even more complete... I'm sure drivability and so on can be a *****, hell even my car is to just drive around :/

Good luck, hope to see you out soon!

Old 06-01-2008, 03:44 PM
Originally Posted by jamie
DING, DING, DING! Porsche Calling Martin!
Jamie you know it's for me, unfortunately I just am not in the price range yet for a car

Old 06-01-2008, 03:50 PM
lardog is a name known to alllardog is a name known to alllardog is a name known to alllardog is a name known to alllardog is a name known to alllardog is a name known to all
Jamie you know it's for me, unfortunately I just am not in the price range yet for a car
Martin, Whats up with the 360 TDF?

Old 06-01-2008, 07:15 PM
Originally Posted by lardog
Joe, Is that the GT2 at Paul Miller? (that place sucks!!!! )
Yes and I have never done business with them. I did give them an opportunity to find a GT for me when I was looking but they didnt think I was serious so they blew me off. 1 week later I found my car.

Old 06-01-2008, 07:21 PM
Yes and I have never done business with them. I did give them an opportunity to find a GT for me when I was looking but they didnt think I was serious so they blew me off. 1 week later I found my car.

Same here. I drove my Porsche there to Buy a New Porsche and got the same treatment. I went to Ray Catena Porsche and ordered my 997. What a great AD.

Old 06-01-2008, 07:33 PM
MetalSolid is infamous around these parts
Every Porsche except the CGT is over priced; the CF frame alone is a work of art that makes the Enzo seem like an after-thought... If this car had a Ferrari badge it would be selling for $1M.

Old 06-01-2008, 08:43 PM
fayence has a spectacular aura aboutfayence has a spectacular aura aboutfayence has a spectacular aura about
Agreed. I sold my CGT after two awesome years with it. I missed it so badly, my 2nd one should arrive soon!

Old 06-01-2008, 10:21 PM
Finality is infamous around these partsFinality is infamous around these parts
Just curious what are you asking for it?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Carrera GT prices...what up?