Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Carrera GT prices...what up?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-01-2008, 10:27 PM
Tipo815 is infamous around these partsTipo815 is infamous around these parts
I am often asked which of my cars I enjoy the most or is the most fun. Hands down ... the CGT. Each car is unique and offers a different driving experience as well as stirring different emotions but OVERALL ... the CGT is in a class by itself.

I've also had the opportunity to drive (and be driven by a professional driver) in an Enzo and the car was very impressive. However, I don't think it was substantially more impressive than the CGT and certainly not worth three times the money.

A few of the posts mention the reason(s) behind the increase in prices. I think all the relevant points have been addressed.

1) Porsche did reallocate inventory when there were 20-30 new cars at dealers and they weren't selling. The cars were moved to other countries. One day the showroooms had them and the next day they were gone.
2) Our weak currency has made our cars very affordable for overseas buyers. Before I found my car I had called on half a dozen cars and every one of them had been sold to a foreign buyer.
3) A number of the cars have been wrecked, damaged, or crashed.
4) Enthusiasts and collectors have grown to appreciate the car for what it is and are hanging on to or adding them to collections.

If you think about it - what other car can be labeled a "supercar" that falls in the $400,000 to $500,000 range? I don't consider a 599 a supercar despite its awesome performance. A Saleen S7 is a supercar of sorts but so impractical. A LP640 is a great car but hardly a "supercar." Who wants a SLR? There's really nothing else in the price range that merits the same recognition as the CGT.

The CGT is a hands down engineering marvel in a class by itself!

Old 06-02-2008, 03:23 AM
themarsman is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by jpohl402
Good taste in cars marsman!
Thanks!

Old 06-02-2008, 09:01 PM
DM1
DM1 has a reputation beyond reputeDM1 has a reputation beyond reputeDM1 has a reputation beyond reputeDM1 has a reputation beyond reputeDM1 has a reputation beyond reputeDM1 has a reputation beyond reputeDM1 has a reputation beyond reputeDM1 has a reputation beyond reputeDM1 has a reputation beyond reputeDM1 has a reputation beyond reputeDM1 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by fayence
Agreed. I sold my CGT after two awesome years with it. I missed it so badly, my 2nd one should arrive soon!
So you bought the black one? I want to be the first to Congrat you. Enjoy in good health!

Old 06-02-2008, 09:02 PM
fayence has a spectacular aura aboutfayence has a spectacular aura aboutfayence has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by DM1
So you bought the black one? I want to be the first to Congrat you. Enjoy in good health!
Closed the deal today, so yes, black one it is! Thanks!

Old 06-02-2008, 10:14 PM
DM1
DM1 has a reputation beyond reputeDM1 has a reputation beyond reputeDM1 has a reputation beyond reputeDM1 has a reputation beyond reputeDM1 has a reputation beyond reputeDM1 has a reputation beyond reputeDM1 has a reputation beyond reputeDM1 has a reputation beyond reputeDM1 has a reputation beyond reputeDM1 has a reputation beyond reputeDM1 has a reputation beyond repute
How long before we see some pictures?

Old 06-02-2008, 11:05 PM
ThisFlyGuy is a jewel in the roughThisFlyGuy is a jewel in the roughThisFlyGuy is a jewel in the roughThisFlyGuy is a jewel in the rough
nice, i get to start seeing it around our area again

Old 06-03-2008, 12:10 AM
jay_ftw is infamous around these parts
God I love black Carrera GTs. I guess I love them all but...black MMMMMM

Old 06-03-2008, 02:27 AM
WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !
Congrats, Fayence. Your collection is back to perfect.

Old 06-03-2008, 03:20 AM
SiNzz is infamous around these parts
I have nothing really to add towards the speculation in regards to the CGT market; all the reasons presented seem pretty plausible. But, I did want to add to the CGT praise as I wouldn't take a single car in the world over a black CGT. Nothing. Absolutely no other car. Don't ask me why; the car just feels as though it is "me" if you get my drift....maybe if I win the lotto someday.

Old 06-03-2008, 03:33 AM
Banned
Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !
Congrats! I will enjoy it a lot!

Old 06-03-2008, 05:40 AM
Finality is infamous around these partsFinality is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by SiNzz
I have nothing really to add towards the speculation in regards to the CGT market; all the reasons presented seem pretty plausible. But, I did want to add to the CGT praise as I wouldn't take a single car in the world over a black CGT. Nothing. Absolutely no other car. Don't ask me why; the car just feels as though it is "me" if you get my drift....maybe if I win the lotto someday.
Pagani Zonda F that car is sex on wheels!

Old 06-03-2008, 11:30 AM
Auctung has much to be proud ofAuctung has much to be proud ofAuctung has much to be proud ofAuctung has much to be proud ofAuctung has much to be proud ofAuctung has much to be proud ofAuctung has much to be proud ofAuctung has much to be proud ofAuctung has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Finality
Pagani Zonda F that car is sex on wheels!

oh my goodness yes!!!

the CGT is the cheaper slightly less sexy sister of the Zonda
basicly same performance, just cheaper and heavier

I want a Zonda S 7.3 so bad, damn crappy dollar

Old 06-03-2008, 12:11 PM
mark911997sC is infamous around these parts
I don't think the Cgt will ever go down in value. It will probably cost even more next year.

Old 06-03-2008, 01:16 PM
Chris Huck is infamous around these parts
Congrats on the purchase Paul! I'm glad it went to an appreciative owner who will actually DRIVE it. Too many garage queens out there IMHO. Best wishes!

Chris

Old 06-03-2008, 10:19 PM
ccr2002 is infamous around these parts
cgt

Please let me know what you want for your cgt....I also have a blk/blk 07 430 spider with 900 miles...perhaps we could make a deal.
chuckrich2170@comcast.net
thanks

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Carrera GT prices...what up?