Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

The New DD...COBALT 996 gt3...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-06-2008, 07:02 AM
sechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant future
The New DD...COBALT 996 gt3...

I decided that I am going to sell my turbo for a car more usable and that I can drive more often and have more fun with honestly. I happened to come across this gem and couldnt let it go by... This thing is WAY too much fun.

04 Cobalt Blue, Aluminum center counsel, steering wheel trim, cf shift ****, cruise control, cf doorsills, AC, Radio, aluminum armrest things (forget name)

Best part is that it only had 6k miles on it.

And for the BAN OR PICS people...PICS!

Ill post more impressions, but Im going to go drive for now...hahaha

(ehem, got seats, harness', muffler bypass, tow hook, trailer tie downs, alignment, and a set of cups at the shop already...so...im still a track rat...haha)

Old 06-06-2008, 07:32 AM
WildBill is infamous around these parts
Beautiful GT3, congrats and enjoy! Cobalt blue is a great color.

Old 06-06-2008, 07:33 AM
Banned
Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !
Congrats! It looks awesome

Old 06-06-2008, 07:47 AM
MeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of light
Congratulations what a stunning car and I agree with the trade, the GT3 has more soul and is more driver connected were you can hear the sounds of the exhausts vibrating into the car.

I would replace the steering wheel with one in alacantra and rear centre console in carbon or cobalt for a better look.

Old 06-06-2008, 07:58 AM
03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold
Official congratulations on the GT3!

First and foremost do the alignment! Seats and harnesses second, tires third and the rest is optional.

Old 06-06-2008, 08:04 AM
slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !
congrats.. helluva car you got there..

Old 06-06-2008, 10:39 AM
datax has much to be proud ofdatax has much to be proud ofdatax has much to be proud ofdatax has much to be proud ofdatax has much to be proud ofdatax has much to be proud ofdatax has much to be proud ofdatax has much to be proud ofdatax has much to be proud ofdatax has much to be proud of
Sweet!!! I always thought you're a turbo man but guess I'm wrong. That's a very rare color too.

Old 06-06-2008, 10:46 AM
sechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant future
the alignment is being done as I type...and like I said, ALL my track stuff is already in the shop (ordered last night...)

As far as the turbos...I only liked it because its what helped me get "to where I am". Its really time to focus on different techniques and with the Grand Am stuff that I am going to do, I want something to practice with thats a bit closer to the real beasts. Ill probably run the 6 hrs at VIR and maybe do the NJMP event...

Old 06-06-2008, 10:57 AM
D-UberCars has much to be proud ofD-UberCars has much to be proud ofD-UberCars has much to be proud ofD-UberCars has much to be proud ofD-UberCars has much to be proud ofD-UberCars has much to be proud ofD-UberCars has much to be proud ofD-UberCars has much to be proud ofD-UberCars has much to be proud of
Nice score, very clean.

Old 06-06-2008, 11:30 AM
CarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by sechsgang
the alignment is being done as I type...and like I said, ALL my track stuff is already in the shop (ordered last night...)

As far as the turbos...I only liked it because its what helped me get "to where I am". Its really time to focus on different techniques and with the Grand Am stuff that I am going to do, I want something to practice with thats a bit closer to the real beasts. Ill probably run the 6 hrs at VIR and maybe do the NJMP event...
Wow! Gorgeous! Congrats! What track stuff is on its way?

Old 06-06-2008, 12:14 PM
ErikG is infamous around these parts
Beautifull, had the identical car except it was an 05 and I had almost 18K miles on it when I sold it. A set of BBS race rims look just perfect with that color.

Old 06-06-2008, 01:59 PM
Originally Posted by CarNerd
Wow! Gorgeous! Congrats! What track stuff is on its way?

I have Recaro Pole Positions (wanted an easy to live with, clean seat), teamtech hans harness', fire extinguisher with bracket, pagid yellows, cup sports (need to use them on the street as well till I get my fikse wheels resized...then pirelli slicks), fabspeed muffler bypass pipes, folding tow hook and a medium-aggressive alignment for now. I may add little things here and there, but thats really where its going to be for a little. I want another steering wheel, but Im not really aggressive in finding a replacement...Ill trade someone TWO wheels (one aluminum trim, one carbon fiber) if someone has something cool...

As for the rollbar, it came with a tequipment (crap)...but Im going to probably just use it because its there rather than going with the substantially better das bar...

Old 06-06-2008, 02:02 PM
CarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by sechsgang
I have Recaro Pole Positions (wanted an easy to live with, clean seat), teamtech hans harness', fire extinguisher with bracket, pagid yellows, cup sports (need to use them on the street as well till I get my fikse wheels resized...then pirelli slicks), fabspeed muffler bypass pipes, folding tow hook and a medium-aggressive alignment for now. I may add little things here and there, but thats really where its going to be for a little. I want another steering wheel, but Im not really aggressive in finding a replacement...Ill trade someone TWO wheels (one aluminum trim, one carbon fiber) if someone has something cool...

As for the rollbar, it came with a tequipment (crap)...but Im going to probably just use it because its there rather than going with the substantially better das bar...
Sounds perfect.

Old 06-06-2008, 02:22 PM
Mattnunez is just really niceMattnunez is just really niceMattnunez is just really niceMattnunez is just really niceMattnunez is just really nice
Looks sweet!!!! Nice choice.

Old 06-06-2008, 02:28 PM
rmag is infamous around these parts
Welcome to the real drivers club drew

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: The New DD...COBALT 996 gt3...